File Upload- Uploads a blank 90kb file

Hi,

I'm uploading a 90kb file to both my oracle database and the internet server from asp.net 2.0 via fileupload tag.
The file uploads correctly into oracle but uploads with the correct filename but with 0 bytes into my server. Has anyone come across this issue?

My Code for saving into my server:

Me

.filMyFile.SaveAs(Server.MapPath("~/" & "zQ2_" & datever & _

Me.filMyFile.FileName.ToString()))

Please help me solve this issue.
Thank You
Vic
1
just_life

Is the file being created with zero byte?

ASP.NET Hosting (HostingFest)
0
smiling4ever
12/23/2006 1:23:39 PM
Yes, the file uploads with the correct number of bytes into my database.But, it saves with zero bytes(saves as a blank file with the correct filename) in the server.
0
just_life
The cause might be the current position of the stream is in the end.
Things go fine when the first time you store the data into database, but on the second time you try to read the same stream into file system, the position of the stream is in the end.
PLS read the input filestream into memory first, then store the data in memory twice.
Hope it helps.
0
Raymond
12/25/2006 1:42:37 AM

Awesome Ray. Thank You very much. This was exactly the problem.

I just saved it in my folder first and then put it into the database.

0
just_life

Processes file content before upload (from file upload form)
Hello I have a web aplication that needs to process file content (client side) before uploading them to server. May be I have to use file upload form and somehow read files and sign them on submit event I'm not sure how (and can I) do this in Firefox extension? I prefer to use browser functionality for file upload rather than make my own HTTP connection from my extension. I also prefer not to write any user interface. On 4/7/10 7:27 AM, Юлиян wrote: > I have a web aplication that needs to process file content (client > side) before uploading them to server. htt...

file uploader save file on server and in database and upload this file on client
hi,i have a file uploader control user can attach files (.rar, .zip, etc) and store file folder and path in database. and another user can click of attach link and can download that file. how can i do this please solve out this problem. you can find your problem solution in this link and you can store the file name in your database server.http://www.aspnettutorials.com/tutorials/network/net-fileupload-aspnet2-csharp.aspxPlease Mark as Answred If This Blog has Helped You.RegardsMitesh Darjihttp://www.indianic.comhttp://www.mitatdotnet.blogspot.com As always there are many ways and which ...

Posting filepath in file upload control in .NET to the next page and uploading the file from second page
In our application (using C# .NET) there is a form with file upload options. After filling up the form details, the summary of the details need to be shown in the next page before committing the information into the database. Right now, Server.Control is used to transfer the contents to the next page and the form details are retrieved using Request.Form["control id"]. But this is not working for File upload control alone.File upload can not be done in the first page itself, as the foreign key in File upload table gets updated only in second page after confirmation. Therefore, is th...

Deleting A File Uploaded Through File Upload Control
Hello, I have a form which allows a user to upload a file to a virtual drive on our server using the following code: fileInvoice.SaveAs(ConfigurationManager.AppSettings.Get("DocumentPath") + strFileName); //Document Path is defined in the web.config file How can I safely allow a form on a web page to delete the file if they know the exact name of the file. I don't want them to be able to do a wildcard match like test* thanks in advance, mitch  Peace be on you brother, so you want to safely delete the file which the name you know. OK I consider that the name ...

File Upload
Hi,  I am using the file upload code at the link below to allows users to upgrade multiple files into  a storage area. http://dotnetslackers.com/community/blogs/basharkokash/archive/2007/09/11/Test.aspx My question is how do I identify which files belong to which user?? On my site i am using ASP membership and before uploading files users must logg on. Does this mean I can use the UserID to identify them or is there another simple wayI I have the file upload in a simple wizard form. Also i am coding in C sharp   Thank you Amereto   You can use the logged...

Upload all files in folder with file upload control
H i I'm trying to upload all files to a wesite that is in a specific local folder. My code workes fine when I run it locally but when I upload it it fails. I think it looks for the files to upload on the web server and thus cannot find it.  1 Dim files() As String 2 folderExists = System.IO.Directory.Exists(foldername) 3 If folderExists = False Then 4 Label1.Text = "Folder does not exist. Did you enter a folder name or just a file name ?" 5 Exit sub 6 End If 7 files = System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(foldername) 8 For...

How to identify the original file type and restrict the file uploading while using file upload control
 Hi asp.net , I am uploading a file using FileUpload control in asp.net using vb.net.I wrote the code to upload only PDF files. the user can change the extension and change to PDF . I have to check is the file original PDF or not then i have to upload the PDF files only . How to do this ??  Hi, Check the file Mime type for "application/pdf" by looking at the:  FileUpload1.PostedFile.ContentType RegardsSmcoxonNo Gem is ever polished without some friction. Hi smcoxon , Thanks For Replying ,But i found that there is no use using PostedFil...

file upload extensions
Is it possible to upload any/some video files? I tried to add file extentions under the host settings but it didn't work. Wonder if if it's possible in dnn to upload any video files?Thanks. It is possible to upload files of any extension (as far as I know).  You might be hitting a file size constraint?  I've never tried uploading any really huge files - maybe someone else with comment about that?-doug, Powerhouse Data Yes, you can upload video files.  I've uploaded them and used with core modules as well as MediaGallery.  By default, DNN has a max upload size of 8MB...

File Upload
Hey I've got a fileUpload control on an aspx page that works fine for the accepted file type, .rpts, and brings up the correct error message for not allowed extensions such as .exes and .jpgs. But .pdf files should cause an error message to be displayed, as only .rpt files are allowed to be uploaded, but instead it brings up a blank page like a web500 page. Is there a known bug when attempting to upload pdf's?   Just in case,here's the only relevant code attached to the control:   If uploadFilename.EndsWith(".rpt") = True Then 'ensures only .rp...

File upload in chunks
So I downloaded the files from codeproject for the "upload files in chunks" application at http://www.codeproject.com/KB/XML/MTOMWebServices.aspx?df=100&forumid=250646&exp=0&select=2292508 I've adapted the c# code into vb.net and tests I run locally show it working ok.  Trouble is, the client side was written for windows application level client, not web, so I'm wondering if anyone has already got a bit of client side web coding to take an uploaded file and split it into chunks that is compatible with this web service at all? Well I use MTOM and WSE 3.0 ...

File Upload
I use 2.0 with VS 2008 In my code I have put a file upload limit of 1 MB. But if I try uploading files greater than 4 MB, instead of showing the User Message, it does not execute any line of code. Instead it shows. Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage But if I try uploading files between 1MB+ and -4MB, it shows the user message correctly. Cant seem to figure out what the problem could be. Any hints? Below is my codeDim path As String = Server.MapPath("~/UploadedFiles/") Dim fileOK As Boolean = False If FileUpload1.HasFile Then If FileUpload1.PostedFi...

Upload file from remote Computer using File Upload
Hi,     How to upload file from remote computer. Can i browse it thruough the File Upload control ?    Please help?     RamarjunK:Hi,     How to upload file from remote computer. Can i browse it thruough the File Upload control ?    Please help?  you can. when the file open dialog box comes, choose my network places, select the corrosponging share, specify the credentials.  then choose the file.you haven't do any thing special, coding is same .Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish a...

After Uploading File, Refreshing Page causes file to upload again
As my subject says, after using the FileUpload control to send a file to my server, if the user presses F5 to refresh the page, the file will be uploaded again. The upload control does not list a file, but the tracing on the page does list items under Content_Length and Content_Type under Headers Collection and Server Variables. CONTENT_LENGTH570032CONTENT_TYPEmultipart/form-data; boundary=---------------------------7d6119a16138cI tried clearing these out by using the following commands after my initial file upload without success:Response.ContentType = null;Response.ClearContent();Resp...

upload file by file
hi all,   we have project, local in server, more then one people do the update, let's say, if all file local in test, I did the modify in local and build and upload the whole test file into service, it work fine. but if I only upload helloone.aspx. and its Vb file (under test) into service, it did not work( the VB code) , is that a way to only upload file by file to service, thank you   If I understand your problem correctly, I think the problem that you may be having is that after pages are compiled locally they are not being compiled for the entire site.  I would su...

Web resources about - File Upload- Uploads a blank 90kb file - asp.net.web-forms

Wikipedia:Files for upload - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Welcome to Files for Upload , part of WikiProject Articles for creation . This process was created to allow unregistered users to add new files ...

Windows Users: Upload Photos To Facebook Via URL
... users on Windows , the site recently made it easier to share photos. Now you can simply copy and paste a photo URL when prompted to upload a ...

James Gunn - Handy-Uploads - Facebook
Working with my brother Sean Gunn on Guardians of the Galaxy. This photo is from Sci-Fi magazine which features a great article on how we work ...

upload-12
Visit the post for more.

Manage folders and upload files, now in Amazon Cloud Drive
... recent update should cheer you up. The updated version, released on Oct. 10, brings great new features that allow you to manage folders, upload ...

Coming Soon: Facebook Will Ask If You’re Really, Really Sure You Want To Upload That Photo From Last ...
... artificial intelligence knows better: the social media behemoth is working on technology that will warn users when they’re about to upload photos ...

Guy Uploads A Ton Of KMart Background Music To The Internet
... worked at K-Mart. Part of his job was playing pre-recorded cassettes sent in from the corporate office. Luckily for us, he saved them and uploaded ...

Twitch announces VOD feature and video uploads
At it's first-annual TwitchCon, the video-streaming service announced that broadcasters will be able to schedule saved streams and uploaded videos ...

Shaun White: I Can Upload A Video Of Me Getting A Haircut And Get 4M Views
The Olympic gold medalist turned entrepreneur talks about the power of the Internet – and his own power - to reach fans.