File Upload on file server not on webserver, by using web application C#

I know how to upload files on webserver, but when trying to upload a file on different machine getting  error

I am trying with FileUpLoad1.SaveAs(@"\\enterprise\LeadsUpload" + FileUpLoad1.FileName);
getting error

Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

please help.

Dost
My website
1
visliCom

The server services authentication credentials don't have access to your unc path. Why not create a virtual path under you webserver that points to the unc provide the necessary credentials and then write to that path versus the unc path.  Which would also be more versatile than having the path hardcoded in your code.

http://www.sqldatalayer.com
Script your Stored Procedures and class objects necessary for your .net application. Accelerating your development time, creating a consistant easily maintained class object Library.
-1
jtn916
1/7/2009 4:02:03 PM

Hi visliCom,

Your server's ASPNET Account or NetworkService Account needs access rights to the remote server.

From the error, it seems that the remote server is rejecting your remote logon.

The problem is the remote server is not recognizing the local ASP.NET worker process account or your password is wrong.

You need to apply impersonation or config the server machine to ensure you have right to access the directory and check your password.

Sincerely,
Hua Jun Li
-1
Hua

How to File Upload in file server by using web application C#
Currently I am working to upload a csv file  Upload in file server (not on webserver) getting error , I map Y drive to our file server. (y=\\fileserver\load\) Could not find a part of the path 'Y:\LeadsUpload\errorfixsales.xls'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'Y:\LeadsUpload\errorfixsales.xls'.   FileUpLoad1...

4 Layered Web Application for Inserting data into a database using sql server as the back end and a web form as the front end using C#
4 Layered Web Application for Inserting data into a database using sql server as the back end and a web form as the front end using C# . Can someone provide with code as I am new to this architecture and framework. Better send email. Thanks In Advance, A New Bie I suggest taking a look at the Time Tracker Starter Kit (v1.x or x2.0) or the Issue Tracker Starter Kit (v1.x).  Full source code is available.  Click on the Downloads tab above to find them.  These are not exactly what you are looking for, but perhaps they will help you get started.Terri MortonEngagement Manag...

Uploading files to a different file server but not web server
Hi, I want to upload files to a different file server than the web server using asp.net, is that possible?I can use Server.MapPath to store it on the same server. How do I save it to a different machine? What all I need? Do I need IP address? Do I need to have a shared folder on that machine? thank u for the help!!! There is only a few built in ways to get a file from one machine to another in windows.  Things like FTP, HTTP, or File Sharing - you are going to need a path to the server.  You cannot upload directly to that server.  You'll need to upload to your web s...

C#.NET WEB APPLICATION

How to File Upload and Download file ( .doc/.pdf/.gif/.exl) from server web browser C#

Help!! Problem accessing a WORD file in web server using C#.NET
Hi experts, I am trying to open the content of a WORD file from C#.NET which resides in the REMOTE SERVER, however I get an error:"System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Server execution failed" when declaring new Word.ApplicationClass(). string fileName = this.btnWorkOrder1.Value;object readOnly = false;object isVisible = false;object saveChanges = false;object missing = System.Reflection.Missing.Value;object dynamic = 2; //error here:Word.ApplicationClass oWordApp = new Word.ApplicationClass(); Word.Document oWordDoc = oWordApp.Documents.Open(ref file, ref missing, ref readOnly,...

web.pb and file upload (using type=file)
Hello all. Has anyone successfully _processed_ a form with a "input type = file" based file upload via a web.pb function call? I certainly won't work by declaring an argument as a blob and accepting it that way...unless there is some post call processing I'm missing.. I'm pretty sure it is a multi-part data stream problem. Anyone have a function out there to accept the form? Thanks in advance!! I'll owe you one. -W -- William Rompala J.P. Morgan -- Lose the X before william in email address to send mail ...

Move File From Web Server to File Server
Our organization has a web server and file server in the same domain. On our public website ordering page, users have the ability to upload a document. The document is currently saved on the Web server in a temp directory. I need to move the uploaded file off the webserver and over to a specific directory on the file server. I have tried using File.Move to accomplish this but encountered permission errors. How does this need to be set up to work? The code format I have is File.Move ("c:\\dir\\file.ext", "\\\\fileserver\\dir\\file.ext"); Thanks in Advance ...

Why we use Web.Config File for connection string wether we can use class Library for get connection for whole web Application
 Why we use Web.Config File for connection string wether we can use class Library for get connection for whole web Application  please help me? Friend, Web.config has its own advantages. 1) Web.Config is used to store the important information like connections strings etc...so that it can be modified even after the code has been    deployed to the server without compiling the entire application again. 2) Since it is a XML file, there is no need of building the project of you are going to change the connection strings.   If you go for the class files,...

How to use 2 web.config file in a single web application
Hello Guyz,In my web application I'm trying to use a Blog and for that I'm using the free version of community server. The blog itself runs fine. But I'm trying to use it as a subdomain of my original application.The blog itself has its own web.config file as my application does and for that it's throws the following  errorParser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. It'...

one application has many web.config files which web.config file execute first?
hi to all In my application i will add three web.config file which will execute first. how to set it. Give me a guidlines. by Devan.G Hi,You can't add multiple web.config to applicationYou can add single web.config to each folder present in sub directories of your applicationYou can override the web.config files using multiple config files.SatalajWatch The true story of internet ||Yet another forum |||I'm big fan of Open source flash chart for .net very very simple I n t e r v i e w T i p s Hi, You can check this reference: http://www.beansoftware.com/ASP.NET-Tutorials/Mult...

multiple file upload using my web form
Hi all. I work for a web company, and a website was built for a client, which lets the company that we built it for, upload images to their web server through the web page using a standard fileupload control. For each image they upload, some code in the background (vb .net) takes the details and adds the details to a database on the server, the loads the image to the server. On a regular basis they upload all their images this way, which can be hundreds of images! Is there a way for me to let them upload a folder full of images? This couldn't be an FTP job as code needs to work in the ...

how to upload a massive file(such as 1GMB) file using web browser ?thank you!
the control provided by asp.net only upload a small file,i want to use it to upload a massive file. set your timeout (for that page) to an insane number... like 5 days or something.Josh Withrowhttp://www.LuckyDogDigital.comhttp://Blog.LuckyDogDigital.com Hi hu58, My blog might give some info to you: http://weblogs.asp.net/coltk/archive/2004/02/06/FleskUploader.aspx Regards, ^-^...

File upload to a server other than the web server.
I have a very simple asp.net upload page. Everything works great when saving the file locally (web server). Things are getting ugly when trying to save files to a different machine (file server, database server,...) So, when using .SaveAs and passing in the UNC path to the new server location I get an *Access denied* error messgae. When mapping a network drive and using the drive letter in the .SaveAs path I get an message saying parts of the path cannot be found. any ideas? thanks  --tolgaApplication Developer Make sure that the account running asp.net web applicaiton(defa...

Web resources about - File Upload on file server not on webserver, by using web application C# - asp.net.web-forms

Application developers struggle to adapt to changing licensing models
Application producers are aware of rapid change impacting their ability to make money from their software products, but they're not adopting ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 24% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Surve Mortgage applications decreased 3.2 percent from one week earlier, according ...

Mortgage applications fall 3.2%
A definitive rise in mortgage interest rates over the last month is keeping borrowers at bay.

PCB firm Unitech looks to automotive, IoT applications for 2016 growth
PCB maker Unitech Printed Circuit Board expects demand for any-layer designs for use in automotive electronics, wearables and other IoT-connected ...