File system handling, save as xls, text file etc.

Hi there

I´m trying to find out if there is a control that handles file-save, shows me a directory-search, similar to File field, but not server upload of files. What I´m trying to do is to take data from Datagrid and save it as an xml-file, xls-file or text-file. User has to decide the location of the filesave througt some kind of directory-search.
Greetings -- DJ
0
AspSpot

if your file-save must work on the client's pc, that's not possible. If you want them to save it on the server you could create an application with asp.net to display directories and such.
A good article to start: http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/052803-1.aspx.
Grz, Kris.

XIII

Users using File>Save as> to save form as .html file no longer saving form data any reason??
I have been building an asp.net 1.1 webpage for some time now and my users have been able to go in pull up a record from the database which is loaded into lable / textbox fields. My users have been able to pick File --> Save As --> HTML and it would save the whole page with the data saved in the forms.  The users could then open the as standalone and while the form was no longer interactive they were still able to view the data in the fields at the time of the save.  Now when they save it only saves the form, and none of the lables or data. My users use Internet Explorer ...

save web form on text file
hi evry body sorry i'm not good at english. i've design one page taht contain a data grid. i would like to know that can i Save my Page with results on Data grid into text file?(i dont use any picture and graghical tools in my application) in fact my problem is our company has Line Printers and i want to print my data and design(My webform). first i have to save my data with design(My webform) into text file then do printing. my page has Header and Page number and Report number and Company name and region name and city name and list of data on grid. thanks for your help. hi ...

Importing text file (possibly a excel file) via a web-form to a database.
Hey there - I'm sort of new to this and have a question - which in itself is probably easy, I'm just having trouble finding it. I need to import a text file - possibly later an excel file - into a SQL database via a web-form upload function. Can anyone point me in the right direction? A tutorial page that you know of or sample code, possibly? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Hi, Take a look @ : - Reading a Delimited File Using ASP.Net and VB.Net - HTHK B ShajudeenAreYaar.comDubai, United Arab Emirates. That was perfect - thank you!...

Saving a message to a file and handling files
Hi, I am trying to make an extension to help handle official correspondence for a scientific journal. Basically, each message refers to a particular case (submitted paper), and I want to automatically save the message to a local file (.eml format), in the directory based on the paper's ID number. I am new to JavaScript and TB extensions I got as far as this: var uri = GetFirstSelectedMessage(); if (uri) { messenger.saveAs(uri, true, null, "desired_file_name.eml"); } Unfortunately, I hit a...

when saving a file (save page as) please have option of saving file the title and not the actual file name
Name: Dan Kelleher Product: Firefox Summary: when saving a file (save page as) please have option of saving file the title and not the actual file name Comments: I like you browser better than windows explorer but windows has one feature that I wish you had. When saving a file (save page as) please have option of saving file the title and not the actual file name. Many files have number names that have no relationship to the web page. Saving as the page title gives an exact indication of the topic of the page saved. Keep up the good work. see http://www.sciencedaily.com/news/...

I create the file like this System.IO.File.Create("pallingtest1.txt") but how do I tell it where to save the file?
can anyone help? Why don't you specify the fully qualified path where you want to write the file rather than try and figure out where its going to write it? Jeev~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If you get the answer to your question, please mark it as the answer.  From the MSDN docs: <i>The path parameter is permitted to specify relative or absolute path information. Relative path information is interpreted as relative to the current working directory. To obtain the current working directory, see GetCurrentDirectory.</i>http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us...

to file:// or not to file://
(Firefox 1.5.0.6) I'm having trouble with HTML Anchors (links) using the file: protocol. The URL I'm trying to get at looks something like this file://///Host.Domain/Share/Dir1/Dir2/File.Ext If I click on the link, /nothing/ happens but, if I "Copy Link Location" and paste exactly the same thing into the "address bar" in FireFox, FireFox is perfectly happy to show me the file. Why the difference? Am I tripping over some security restriction here? Any suggestions? TIA, Phill W. Phill W. wrote: > (Firefox 1.5.0.6) > I'm ...

how to save file (stored on SQL server) to file/web server?
Hi Experts, I got files stored on SQL server db. I would like to be able to save them onto file/web server. I know how to retrieve them, but not sure how to save to file/web server. Please help. Thanks so much. Below are codes for retrieving file info from sql server:Dim strFileName As String = Quote.GetQuoteFileByQuoteFileID(CInt(selectedQuoteFileID)).Tables(0).Rows(0).Item("QuoteFileName")Dim strFileType As String = Quote.GetQuoteFileByQuoteFileID(CInt(selectedQuoteFileID)).Tables(0).Rows(0).Item("QuoteFileType")Dim strFileSize As Integer = Quote.GetQuoteFileByQuoteFileID(CInt(selectedQ...

save output as text file, move file to another location
--0-986323363-1086799954=:49434 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Greetings all! I have data that is output from a form. How do I take this data, save it as a .txt file, and place this .txt file in another location (a different folder, not cgi-bin) on my server? Also, each time a .txt file is created, it should "overwrite" the previous file ( I assume this is handled with directory permissions). Thanks! --------------------------------- Do you Yahoo!? Friends. Fun. Try the all-new Yahoo! Messenger --0-986323363-1086799954=:49434-- Gregg O'Donnell wrote: ...

Replacing text with images in word file and saving the file to webserver
Hello All,  How to replace text  with images in word file and saving the file to webserver at runtime? Suppose Word file is contains the word "Image" then this word can be replaced with Image.jpg As Replacement of Word by Word is possible but if I want to replace Word by Image ..how its possible? Swati Swati Jain:Hello All,  How to replace text  with images in word file and saving the file to webserver at runtime? Suppose Word file is contains the word "Image" then this word can be replaced with Image.jpg As Replacement of Word by W...

Load a Text File, Search a Text File

Append a text file to an existing text file
Hello, Is there a way to append a text file to an existing text file. For example, File A: Jan Feb Mar April ... File B: 10 30 40 20 ... After appending job, the File A would be like below. Jan Feb Mar April ... 10 30 40 20 ... TIA On Sep 18, 11:49=A0am, backgoo...@gmail.com (Back9) wrote: > Hello, > > Is there a way to append a text file to an existing text file. > For example, > File A: > Jan Feb Mar April ... > > File B: > 10 30 40 20 ... > > After appending job, the File A would be like below. > Jan Feb Mar April ... &g...

How to insert audio files and play audio files in a web form
Hi, 1) Could you please post a sample code which shows how to save an audio file and play an audio file from server? 2) Which of the following way is better for performance?         a) Save the audio file to a folder in the server and save the name of the file in database.         b) Save the audio file directly to database in binary format. Requirement is that Many people will be accessing the site and the same file at the same time. If anybody has any code for saving and playing audio file,...

FileIOPermission Class
Hi there , I have a problem and I think i'm rounding around without see my tail... Purpose: I want to "import a file" to an database My solution:  One file upload form element... and asp.net procedure thatreads the file , split it and insert in your database structure as you like.Everything works fine ... until the moment I have an System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "c:\text.txt" is denied. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSiz...

Web resources about - File system handling, save as xls, text file etc. - asp.net.web-forms

Anchor handling tug supply vessel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Anchor Handling Tug Supply (AHTS) vessels are mainly built to handle anchors for oil rigs , tow them to location, anchor them up and, in a few ...

New Facebook SDK For IOS Adds Automatic Error Handling, Improved Login UI
... software-development kit for iOS is now available for download , with significant enhancements including a beta test of automatic error handling ...

Handling Disputes and Refunds
Handling Disputes and Refunds

Facebook Shares Stats on How Users are Handling the Latest Privacy Changes
Facebook’s traffic has yet to be affected by the aggressive privacy changes it made at the beginning of December, from what data we can see — ...

Handling five billion sessi
... that provides app developers with reliable, real-time and actionable insights into their mobile apps. Skip to main content Sign in Search Handling ...

Customer Service Handling
This group is for people in customer service profession facing the customer either in person or over phone.

Wrap Camera HD - Ultimate Picture Editor with Unique Paper Handling on the App Store on iTunes
Get Wrap Camera HD - Ultimate Picture Editor with Unique Paper Handling on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

Dead domain handling page - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore anearthling's photos on Flickr. anearthling has uploaded 1692 photos to Flickr.

Frank Rich Talks New York Media, Handling Criticism - Media Beat (2 of 3) - YouTube
In the second part of our three-part "Media Beat" interview with him, Frank Rich talks about leaving The New York Times to join New York magazine, ...

34% Rate Obama’s Handling of Government Spending As Good or Excellent
Voters continue to question President Obama's handling of issues related to government spending and taxes. A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone ...