Error Error:Type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Literal' does not have a public property named 'AutoPostBack'.

I can't figure out this error...please help...

<

td><asp:Literal runat="server" ID="chkApproved" AutoPostBack="true" OnCheckedChanged="chkApproved_CheckedChanged" /></td>
0
Michael71

Just as the error says, there is no AutoPostBack for the Literal control. Also, it does not have an OnCheckedChange Event. What exactly are you trying to do or use this for?
Cheers,
       Kevin Jones

0
vcsjones
1/8/2007 6:11:26 PM
How do I create one?
0
Michael71
1/8/2007 7:36:30 PM
I am confused... How would you check a literal? What are you doing?
Cheers,
       Kevin Jones

0
vcsjones

Parser Error Message: Type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.QueryStringParameter' does not have a public property named 'SqlDataSource'.
Help!  This morning my DetailsView was working fine.  Now it's not, and I don't know what the error message I'm getting means. Can someone please tell me what has happened?Here is the error message: Parser Error Message: Type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.QueryStringParameter' does not have a public property named 'SqlDataSource'.Here is my apsx code:  <asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDS_Keywords" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:MHTGConnectionString1 %>" SelectCommand="SELECT dbo.GPRA_KeywordsUsed.ActivityId, dbo.GPRA_Keywords.Keywords FROM dbo.GPRA_Keyw...

Error Serializing Value 'System.Web.UI.WebCOntrols.TreeNode' of type 'System.Web.UI.WebCOntrols.TreeNode'
Hi, I am  getting the error stated in the subject when i am storing a TreeNode in a ViewState and then using it as follows if (ViewState["ProductCounty"]!=null) { TreeNode _productCountyNode = DataTree.FindNode(((TreeNode)ViewState["ProductCounty"]).ValuePath); _productCountyNode.Expand(); } what could be causing this error? Hi, I believe TreeNode isn't serializable in a way its required for objects which can be put to ViewState - as reference - (TreeNode implements IStateManager and is meant to work together with TreeView itself saving it...

Error: Cannot convert type 'System.Web.UI.Control' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.ButtonField'
Hello, I am getting the following error during compiliation. Any suggestions to fix it. Thanks. Cannot convert type 'System.Web.UI.Control' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.ButtonField' protected void gvEvents_RowCommand(Object sender, GridViewCommandEventArgs e) { if (e.CommandName == "Select") { int index = Convert.ToInt32(e.CommandArgument); GridViewRow selectedRow = gvEvents.Rows[index]; string sID; ButtonField btn; if (selectedRow.RowType == DataControlRowType.DataRow) { sID = ((ButtonField)selectedRow.FindControl("ID")).DataTextFi...

Error: Type 'System.Web.UI.ScriptManager' does not have a public property named 'EnableScriptComponents'.
This is the error i got when compiling my application with scriptmanger's EnableScriptComponents set to true. Is the property EnableScriptComponents deprecated and if so, is there a replacement? The ScriptManager public methods and properties are documented on this site. That property may have been supported in an earlier beta of atlas. I am not sure what that property did but you could try to find something equivalent in the docs or it may be completely unnecessary now.Kirti DeshpandeProgram Manager, Silverlight and ASP.NET AJAXMicrosoftThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no w...

Parser Error Message: Type 'System.Web.UI.UpdatePanel' does not have a public property named 'datagrid'.
Hi, first post...I am fairly new to ajax and was looking for some guidance on my problem. I installed the 3 files (Ajax 1.0 RC, Toolkit and the Futures December CTP). I wanted to convert an exsisting and working .net 2.0 sample aspx page into AJAX to learn how the updatepanels work. The page contains a bunch of datagrids that i wanted to place inside "updatepanels". However, I keep getting the parser error "Type 'System.Web.UI.UpdatePanel' does not have a public property named 'datagrid'." whenever I place anything inside the panels (table, div, tr...etc). I am sure its a pretty strai...

Parser Error Message: Type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TemplateColumn' does not have a property named 'template'.

Error 1 The type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSource' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\asse
Once I build project. I encounter this error. Does someone experience this error?Error    1    The type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSource' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.6.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll'    D:\Source Code\Linq_Lesson5\Default.aspx    1    1    D:\Source Code\Linq_Lesson5\  It appears tha...

Type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Parameter' does not have a public property named 'DbType'.
Hi: We have a content page running fine on our development server, but as soon as it is moved to a production server, we are seeing this error; Type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Parameter' does not have a public property named 'DbType'. For sure, the control in question, an objectdatasource does have a Select parameter public property named DbType or our IntelliSense is whacked and MS's documentation is wrong. Runs fine on the development server. What gives? TIA, Bill If you look closer at the error, it is telling you what is wrong.  You are trying to access th...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label' to type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox'

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.FormView' to type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList'.
Hi,  I have a formview with a dropdownlist created dynamically. i want to determine whether the dropdownlist was clicked. the code is written in the FormView1_DataBound method. I get the following error in the line below that is in italics and underlined: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.FormView' to type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList'.   Here is my code: ddl_iFullname = New DropDownList ddl_iFullname.ID = "ddl_iFullname" ddl_iFullname.DataSource = ObjectDataSource3 ddl_iFullname.DataTextField = "fullname" ddl_iFullname.DataValueField = "...

Error 60 Operator '&' is not defined for types 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox' and 'String'.
The comment control is a textbox:<td align="right" style="width: 228px"><asp:TextBox ID="comment" runat="server" TextMode="multiLine" Rows="10" Columns="50" onkeyup="return ismaxlength(this)" Width="260px" Height="100px" Font-Overline="false" /></td> and I'm being told by VS (underlined in blue ) that the for the comment field: Error 60 Operator '&' is not defined for types 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox' and 'String...

Error showing up: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox' to type 'System.IConvertible'.
Hi, I am trying to pass date values from two textboxes in a stored procedure from ASP.net page. However, it seems it is not passing the date properly. I am getting the following error at the following line: cmd_r.Parameters("@initial_est_date").Value = Convert.ToDateTime(Textbox1)  and the error is as stated in the title. I would appreciate any help to resolve this. Thanks  CODE:<%@ Import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.SqlClient" %><%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.Common" %> <%@ I...

The type or namespace name 'ListView' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Web.UI.WebControls' (are you missing an assembly reference?) error
I have created a ASPX form with a ListView See below: <form id="form1" runat="server"> <asp:ListView id="ProductList" runat="server" > <LayoutTemplate> <h3>Product Listing</h3> <blockquote> <asp:PlaceHolder runat="server" ID="itemPlaceholder"></asp:PlaceHolder> </blockquote> </LayoutTemplate> <ItemSeparatorTemplate> <hr /> </ItemSeparatorTemplate> <ItemTemplate> <h4><%#Eval("ProductName")%> (<%# Eval("Catego...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.UI.LiteralControl' to type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox'
Hello, Goal: enter a number in two fields HoursPerUnit and PeoplePerUnit and the value for the third field, TotalHoursPerUnit will populate after the the number in the two fields have been caculated.  Using the code below I receive the error message above.  Please tell me what am I doing wrong? Do I need to cast the text as a literal?  Please help? Thank you in advance, <%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="Default.master" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="frmHR.aspx.vb" Inherits="frmHR"...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.UI.LiteralControl' to type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox'.
Hi, any idea why I'm getting the following error?Line 45: protected void CartGrid_RowUpdating(object sender, System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewUpdateEventArgs e) Line 46: { Line 47: TextBox QuantityTextBox = (TextBox)CartGrid.Rows[e.RowIndex].Cells[2].Controls[0]; Line 48: int Quantity = Convert.ToInt32(QuantityTextBox.Text); Line 49: Are you sure that the control at CartGrid.Rows[e.RowIndex].Cells[2].Controls[0] isn't a LiteralControl?  How are you creating code this in your code?Brent JenkinsASP.NET, C#, Web Developerwww.valewebdesign.co.uk  ...

Type 'System.Web.UI.UserControl' does not have a public property names 'Title'
I have downloaded the Toolkit and have added the AtlasControlToolkit Class Library project as a reference. All is well except I can't view design mode of my aspx pages because the Content control shows this this error: Error Creating Control - Content1 Type 'System.Web.UI.UserControl' does not have a public property names 'Title' I have searched the entire project for "Title" and don't find it anywhaere except as the Title of a page. Any help would be greatly appreciated....my head has become a bloody stump.   Thanks     Please try with the 60626 or later releases of ...

Why this Error: The type 'System.Web.UI.Page' has no event named 'ItemCommand'.
I'm using a repeater and I receive this error message:  The type 'System.Web.UI.Page' has no event named 'ItemCommand'. Can you Help me Regards Rui May be you are passing the wrong parameters If you are using it with datagrid check out DataGrid.ItemCommand EventSushila Bowalekar PatelVisual ASP/ASP.NET MVPhttp://weblogs.asp.net/sushilasb Any maybe u are binding a wrong EventHandler to an Event related a Page.Shravan Addaypally MCP tnx for your help! it run's perfectly now. Rui...

Type 'System.Web.UI.UpdatePanel' does not have a public property named 'DetailsView'
   I want to use an AJAX update panel, but I am getting this error message. Below the error message is my .aspx code. Can anyone tell me what the problem is? In fact if I try and wrap my UpdatePanel tags around any specific control inside of the DetailsView tags, I get the same error message. Server Error in '/EMR' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Type 'System.Web.UI.UpdatePanel' does not have a public property named 'DetailsView'.Source Error: Line 34: <asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" runat="server"> Line 35: Line 36: <asp:DetailsView ID="DetailsView1" runat="server" AutoGenerateRows="False" Line 37: DataKeyNames="NoticeID" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1" DefaultMode="Insert" Line 38: Height="50px" Width="381px" GridLines="None" >Source File: /EMR/Scream.aspx    Line: 36 Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3053; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3053     <%@ Page Title="" Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/EMRMasterPage.master" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="S...

Type 'System.Web.UI.ScriptManagerProxy' does not have a public property named 'AsyncPostBackTimeOut'
Hi, I have a AJAX enabled web site. I have created a new web form. Here while processing a stored procedure I am getting this error: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerTimeoutException - The server request timed out - error In order to address this I changed the 'AsyncPostBackTimeOut' to a higher number as indicated below:   <asp:Content ID="Content1" runat="Server" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1"> <asp:ScriptManagerProxy ID="ScriptManagerProxy1" runat="server" AsyncPostBackTimeOut="600"/> &nb...

'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater' does not have a public property named 'OnItemDataBound'
Hello all, I am developing an ASP.NET 2.0 application with a set of nested repeaters. and I am getting an error I cannot explain. I have researched it in the forums and more generally on the web but don't see a ready solution. The error is:  'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater' does not have a public property named 'OnItemDataBound' Sorry about the formatting. I was lost during the paste. The line that seems to be causing the error is in bold with three asterisks at the beginning (***). <asp:Repeater ID="rHeader" runat="server"> <ItemTemplate> <table class...

'System.Web.UI.WebControls.RectangleHotSpot' does not have a public property named 'onmouseover'.
When I try to place a onmouseover event in an asp.net hostpot I get:  Parser Error Message: Type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.RectangleHotSpot' doesnot have a public property named 'onmouseover'. <asp:ImageMap id="value" runat="server" HotSpotMode="PostBack" OnClick="subprogram" >  <asp:RectangleHotSpot  Left="n" Top="n" Right="n" Bottom="n" HotSpotMode="PostBack" PostBackValue="string" onmouseover=&...

Type 'System.Web.UI.ScriptManager' does not have a public property named 'EnableHistory'.
 My application runs fine on my development machine but I get this error when I deploy:Type 'System.Web.UI.ScriptManager' does not have a public property named 'EnableHistory'.The production machine has .net framework 3.5 SP1 installed.  My web app started out as a framework 2.0 project which I converted to 3.5.  The web.config file on the server has been updated.  Why can't the production server find the EnableHistory property?...

Type 'System.Web.UI.ScriptManager' does not have a public property named 'TabContainer'

''System.Web.UI.UserControl' does not have a public property named 'Title'.
The controls work but I cannot view them in designer I get an error: Error 1 Content1:Type 'System.Web.UI.UserControl' does not have a public property named 'Title'. D:\asp.net\Atlas\SampleWebSite\ModalPopup\ModalPopup.aspx D:\...\SampleWebSite\ I saw another post that said to rebuild, but I tried that and it didn't work. thanks! Nevermind... found the answer to remove the collapible panels.  Wait until next release. ...

Web resources about - Error Error:Type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Literal' does not have a public property named 'AutoPostBack'. - asp.net.web-forms