Enbeding a web site into another web site

Hi,

I have a website and I want to reference another website from within but I still want the same menus displayed.

For example I want the call to the external website from within my website. I have a masterpage and I want the website to be within a ContentPlaceHolder.

Any ideas?

LeoTheLion

In the ContentPlaceHolder you can place an IFrame and show that website.

For iframe features you can look

http://www.w3schools.com/TAGS/tag_iframe.asp

Hope that helps  Yes

Techie (.Net Knowledge at its Best)

We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.
::: Winston Churchill :::
0
PassHours

The web site suggestions when you start to type in a web site are no where near what the web site is that I want to go to.
Name: Zachary Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: The web site suggestions when you start to type in a web site are no where near what the web site is that I want to go to. Comments: The web site suggestions are not even close to the web site I want to go to. In Firefox 2 the web site suggestions were perfect, where when you started to type in a web site the web site that you wanted came up in the suggestions if you've been to that web site before. But now in Firefox 3 it also goes by the web sites heading which I don't like. For example, if I wanted to go to fa...

how can you display another web site's web page in your web page without leaving your site
Can you display another web site's web page in your web page without leaving your site? I know you could use a frameset with .asp, but it looks like Visual Web Delevoper 2005 does not have any controls to setup a frameset. Any help, that would point me in the right direction would be great. Thanks Patrick     With screen scraping 4GuysFromRolla.Com: Screen Scrapes in ASP.NEThttp://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/070601-1.shtmlThanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU Thank you. This information was a great help!!! Thanks again Patrick...

web web web

Web site error after publishing web site
Hi, I'm on shared hosting. I have developed a site locally and uploaded it using ftp to my host so that I could test the payment gateway insitu. That is to say I uploaded the aspx pages, the codebehinds and the class files in the App_Code folder. Everything worked fine and I'm pretty much finished so I thought to myself that I should use the Publish process in VS.NET 2005 instead. I did that and then uploaded the published files to the site. Big mistake. I now get a compilation error that I just can't get rid of. The error is: Compiler Error Message: CS0433: The type 'ProfileCommon' exis...

database web site or file web site
I made a web page using PowerSite(include datawindow),if I deploy it to a database web site it works fine,but if i deploy it into a file web site,the DW does't work why? What error checking is in place? Which method call is failing first? In article <NYTEanGOAHA.267@forums.sybase.com>, zhangj@pendylum.com says... > I made a web page using PowerSite(include datawindow),if I deploy it to a > database web site it works fine,but if i deploy it into a file web site,the > DW does't work why? > > > -- John Strano [TeamSybase] Corporate Tech...

how transfar data from web site to other web site
hi everybody i need to transfar or move data like user name from one web site to other web site without using sql Server session state is there anyway to complete this thank you very much Hi, the easiest way would be to use the querystring. Mind however that this can be captured so don't put in sensitive data. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. Hi, Yes you can pass these values in the query string provided you properly encrypt the data and use the same mechanism/logic/utility to encrypt/decrypt...

How to copy web site or publish web site
Hello:  I have connection problem when copying web site. After  clicking FTP stie, I typed server name or server address  and  21 as port, then I got error: could not find a web server on port 21. However, I have IIS installed on this server It works fine if I type http://servername/index.asp.  I choose remote website, then typing web site locatioin: http://servename. However, I got error: The web server does not appear to have the Frontpage server extensions installed.   How could I copy or publish .net to the server?  Your help is highly appreciated ...

Can "Add Web Reference" if web service deployed to new web site, Can't add ref if deployed to Virt Server under Default web site (Sharepoint)
I have created a web service wich I can deploy successfully to a new IIS Web, but of course I have to set the port to something other than 80 (and I'd rather just use a virtual server under the Default web). If I try to deploy my web service under the Default Web as a new virtual server, and then try to "Add a web Reference" to the service, it fails with a 404: not found error. Notes: WServer 2003 My IIS server is running Sharepoint Portal Server (SPPS)sp2.  VS2005 Any ideas? /Bob C in GRR In Sharepoint Portal Admin I had to add a Path Exclusion.  Took me a whi...

Encrypt web application/ web site (all web pages)
Hello, I want to encrypt (secure) the whole web site when it is deployed on a remote server. Is there a way in ASP.NET 2.0 / IIS / 3rd party tool to encrypt all web pages that will render it useless for a competitor if they get it?I did look up this forum and google and did not find anything (though I will keep looking). Please respond if you know anything about it. Thanks,vp Please click "Mark as Answer" if you think this post answers your question Yes and no.  First, you can't encrypt web pages.  Those are HTML and displayed in the client's brow...

Web Site to Web Application 2005 and Web References
I'm trying to convert a VS 2005 Web Site  Project to a VS 2005 Web Application Project, I have followed http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration/Migration.aspx, which works fine for most objects but it does not convert the Web References.I can add them manually, however I need to ensure that the Web Reference Name is the same for all my Web Services, this is to ensure that I can used Shared Types.  The problem is on VS 2005 Web Application it renames the Web Reference Name to Localhost1, localhost2 etc. Any ideas how I can get over this?Regards <<<Bryan...

Web Site Administration Tool
Non-programmer trying to build simple company website. Can not access Web Site Administration Tool. 'Connecting to website...' flashes briefly, then returns to VWDExpress. Are there settings that I'm not checking properly? The website opens in a browser. bkpacker1@sbcglobal.net Is IIS installed?CheersAlMy BlogMapStats.NETPlease click on 'Mark as Answer' if this post answered your question! No. I understood that the VWD Express edition used the built-in Web server. Got the WAT; but when choosing the Select A single Provider for all Site management Data option on ...

database web site vs file web site
I made a web page using PowerSite(include datawindow),if I deploy it to a database web site it works fine,but if i deploy it into a file web site,the DW does't work why? What happens? Any errors? If you're using the DTC does the site contain objmod.ssc? -- Larry Cermak [Team Sybase] Corporate Technology Partners, Inc. Coming Soon: Web DataWindow Book Web DataWindow Articles: http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1003371 "John Zhang" <zhangj@pendylum.com> wrote in message news:$JmH3bcPAHA.202@forums.sybase.com... > I made a web page using Power...

Display a different web site inside a web site
Hi, I have an ASP.NET 2.0 page with a table object. I have a sitemap in one of the cells and I want to click links to other website and display them in anoher table cell if possible. I can get the links to just redirect the entire page to the new URL but I want it in a seperate cell. If this can't be done is there another way to do it. Maybe not using a table or ot using sitemap etc ?? thanks d-man Hi, If you want to show a different website within a page, you can user the Iframe object. I have written an article on this.  Check http://harishmvp.blogspot.com/2005/04/loading-pages...

Copy Web Site & Publish Web Site
So I need some help understanding this.I had been using VS2005 Beta 2 to work on an internal site.  To put a new version up on the web server, I used the Publish feature.  Worked great.A co-worker will be assisting with some of the changes now.  Since she doesn't have VS2005, she downloaded VWD.  I removed my VS2005 and installed VWD so that I could get a feel for what she'll be using (she's new to .NET dev; I'm new to ASP.NET).  One of the things missing from VWD is the Publish feature.  Doh!So my question is, how does this work in terms of compiling code? ...

Web resources about - Enbeding a web site into another web site - asp.net.web-forms