Email from Web Form problems

I am emailing a link that is created from a web form that we have.  The email is sent and some of the characters at the end of the link are chopped off the link.  Is there a way to fix this?

0
twistedsistem

Can you provide a sample of your code?

I have seen something like this happen before to characters in a string. I overcame it by encoding the string before sending it.

Regards

Aaron

0
aaroncollett
5/19/2007 4:40:28 PM

 What did you encode the string as?  Is there a way you could give me an example?

0
twistedsistem
5/19/2007 6:57:33 PM

Below is a sample of my code.  Sorry I did not post this earlier for you.

if not isempty(Request.Form("Send")) then
 CurrentDateTime = Now

 conn.Execute "insert into tblRequests (DepartmentID, Name, EmailAddress, " _
  & "AccReq, AppReq, ReqEmplid, ReqFor, ReqEmail, LegalUID, ReqName, SameAs, SameAsName, Company, AccDetails, CorrDetails, WhenSent) values (" _
  & Request.Form("DepartmentID") & ", " _
  & "'" & Name1 & "', " _
  & "'" & Request.Form("EmailAddress") & "', " _
  & "'" & Request.Form("AccReq") & "', " _
  & "'" & Request.Form("AppReq") & "', " _
  & "'" & Request.Form("ReqEmplid") & "', " _
  & "'" & Request.Form("ReqFor") & "', " _
  & "'" & Request.Form("ReqEmail") & "', " _
  & "'" & Request.Form("LegalUID") & "', " _
  & "'" & ReqName1 & "', " _
  & "'" & Request.Form("SameAs") & "', " _
  & "'" & Request.Form("SameAsName") & "', " _
  & "'" & Request.Form("CompanyCode") & "', " _
  & "'" & AccDetails1 & "', " _
  & "'" & CorrDetails1 & "', " _
  & "'" & CurrentDateTime & "')"
 set RSRECID = conn.Execute("select RECID from tblRequests " _
  & "where WhenSent = '" & CurrentDateTime & "'")
 set RSDepartmentEmail = conn.Execute("select ContactEmailAddress from I2PODepartments " _
  & "where DepartmentID = " & Request.Form("DepartmentID"))
 Set objMail = CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
 dim EmailText
  EmailText = "A new Security Request has been submitted that requires your input." _
  & "  This is the link:" & chr(13) _
  & session("rootpath") & "/apps/FSARequest/fsasubmit.asp?RECID=" & RSRECID("RECID")

 objMail.Body = EmailText
 objMail.BodyFormat = "0"
 objMail.Send "test@test.com", RSDepartmentEmail("ContactEmailAddress"), _
  "New Security Request", cstr(EmailText)
     Set objMail = Nothing
 TheMessage = "FSA Security Request Sent"
 TheMessage2= "Click the Back button to submit another request"

0
twistedsistem

Web forms and mobile web forms

Include web form inside web form

Web Form vs. Web Content Form

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

Hello, I have a principal form with a list of information. From this form, I go on an edit forms and I want to control what is done on this form. For this, I want to block the button Windows back on my edit form. Somebody can help me ? Thank you for your help.  Jy. set the Session Variable (with your ID or whatever ) in the Principal Form when user click on Edit then put the One Back Button on your edit form and Redirect the page by using the Session variable value.Please Mark as Answred If This Blog has Helped You.RegardsMitesh Darjihttp://www.indianic.comhttp://www.mitatdotnet....

Strange output in web form after web form is displayed.
   I have been using a web user control for over a week now with no problems. I am now getting strange output in my web form after my controls display on the page. Below is the strange output. Can anyone tell me what is wrong here? Note I did not include it all because it is quite large.   Request Details Session Id: l5b5vkazucfatba4oliaw1vi Request Type: POST Time of Request: 9/10/2007 4:59:59 PM Status Code: 200 Request Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8) Response Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8) Trace Information Category Message From First(s) F...

Web resources about - Email from Web Form problems - asp.net.web-forms

State of the Service report: Not enough people moving, engagement and sickies the big problems
The rundown of the problems and good points for 150,000 federal public servants.

Scott Morrison will no longer be able to claim there's no revenue problem
Left unchecked, extraordinarily generous concessions on superannuation will land our tax system in danger.

Open Thread: “Whisper Campaigns and Zipper Problems”
... attach names to narratives like this, then JEB! is TOAST! (at least in 2016). And second, the “well known” rumors that Rubio’s financial problems ...

Dick’s Sporting Goods athleisure problem - Business Insider Deutschland
Dick's Sporting Goods has sold athletic apparel for decades. But now, the retailer faces more competition than ever.

November 2015: Unofficial Problem Bank list declines to 255 Institutions
This is an unofficial list of Problem Banks compiled only from public sources. Here is the unofficial problem bank list for November 2015. Changes ...

Trump loss equals Trump problem
Even if Donald Trump loses in Iowa, his success thus far will still present a problem for the GOP, Politico's Ben White says.

Tri-Valley has no problem against Auburn to win 2A title
... form Search 39° Navigation Home Blackhawks Bulls Cubs White Sox Bears Fire Notre Dame Preps More Tickets Shop Watch Tri-Valley has no problem ...

This week in the war on workers: Rising federal taxes aren't the problem for the middle class
Turns out, federal taxes on the middle class aren’t so high these days: Note that the figure includes all federal taxes—the income tax rate ...

Chromebook Pixel 2015 Review: Great Laptop, One Big Problem
Chromebook Pixel 2015 Review: Great Laptop, One Big Problem