Editing/removing headers when sending email

hi,

I need to send an email with a message-ID in the header.
At the moment when i send an email a message a message-ID is sent in the header that is not in the format i want. I have to remove the message-ID and add my own OR edit the message-ID to a specific format.
i have tried
objEmail.Headers.Remove("Message-ID")
objEmail.Headers.Add("Message-ID","dfasdafasf@url.com")

but still the email is sent with the original message-ID, any suggestions?
0
deekay2003

Does anyone know where i could get a definitive answer for this question, i have looked everywhere and really do not know what to do here.  Surely someone must know if it possible to remove/replace/edit the message-ID in the header.
0
deekay2003

send web email from web form error help
Hi, When send email with attachment from web form. I got an error message as below. What it is? Can someone help? Server Error in '/dotNet' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The transport lost its connection to the server. Hi There, Please check the following link The transport failed to connect to the server Hope this helps Sunny NAGIProper Preparation Prevents Poor PerformanceDont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you....

Submitting Web forms fields to sql database by clicking on SUBMIT FORM and sending the form fields to email box
I have a created or designed a form to be stored in a SQL database table and at the same time when a user clicks on SUBMIT button the form fields will automatically goto the visitor email address immediately. Also i have created a database with tables for each of this forms Pls help i have over 10 forms designed but the problem of submitting them to the table database and the user email address is the challenge now.... You ned to familiarise yourself with the basics of database access in ASP.NET.  There are free tutuorials here: http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/da...

Send email from web form???
Hi there .. Iam trying to send email using SmtpMail Component but i get this error at runtime "The "SendUsing" configuration value is invalid" here is the code MailMessage myMailMessage = new MailMessage(); myMailMessage.From = "wafi_m@hotmail.com"; myMailMessage.To = "wafi_mohtaseb@yahoo.com"; myMailMessage.Subject = "User Name and Password"; myMailMessage.Body = "Your Username : wafi and <br> Password : wafi"; myMailMessage.BodyFormat = MailFormat.Html; SmtpMail.Send(myMailMessage); any...

Sending email from a web form
Hi, I have created a "forgotten password?" facility on my web application and would like to send users their passwords when they submit their email address: I am using asp.net(vb), using vs.net and sql server. However the code that I have written to send this email has errors and I dont know how to resolve it. Please help!!! I keep getting an error : Public member 'ExecuteScalar' on type 'Boolean' not found. I am new to asp.net and do not fully understand this error. Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load ...

Send email from a web form
I have a web form that allows me to send and HTML email. Currently if I want an image in my html I attach the image and all renders fine in the mail client except I don't want the mail client to list the image as an attachment. By default system.web.mail send this type of message as Content-type: multipart/mixed how do I get it to send multipart/related so that my image is not listed as an attachment on the client. Thanks Scott Hi, The following code block would be of help to you MailMessage oMsg =new MailMessage(); StringWriter swHTMLBody =new StringWriter(); H...

Sending a web form to an email....
Hello Dear, It is my first time with ASP.NET . Can you ley me know how to send by email a web form. Thanks..  Try this article:http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/102203-1.aspxDarrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you!...

Send the web form to an email
I have made a web page. The user need to fill the web page and on submit button the form need to be send the email. But my problem is that I have to send the page as it looks like with the data filled by the user. You can create a link for viewing the filled form. On click on the submit button the link should be sent in the email. Ensure all textboxes are readonly on the page when the user is viewing the entered values. Thank You~B  Saurav Bhadani:I have made a web page. The user need to fill the web page and on submit button the form need to be...

how to send a web form as an email????
i have a webform which collects some data from the user and some from the database .i want to send this form a particular user . i can also afford to send this in a pdf format.any ways to implement this? please advice? i am a newbie to asp.net?  Hey hi sorry to ask you like this but what do you mean by send web form as an email. do you want your email body to contain a the web form........sorry just confused, can you please describe more ThanksKeyboard not found. Please Press < F1 > to RESUMEPlease Remember to Mark as Answer for the post(s) that help you.....so it can hel...

Sending email from a web form
Hi Everyone,  I have been looking through the forums for an answer to this so if someone knows if this has been answered a link to the post would be appreciated.  I have a web form that sends out an email.  The email will always be sent to only two people, has a subject line, a body, an fdf attachment (Adobe's form of xml I guess?), and the email is in plain text.  Right now when the user submits the form it takes about 50 seconds before the email is sent and the confirmation page is shown.  I have created a div that has a please wait message so the user k...

Trying to send an email from a web form
I'm trying to send an email from a web form:  MailMessage Msg = new MailMessage(); Msg.To.Add(new MailAddress(ToPerson));Msg.From = new MailAddress(FromPerson); Msg.Subject = Subject; Msg.Body = BodyText;Msg.BodyEncoding = System.Text.Encoding.UTF8; Msg.SubjectEncoding = System.Text.Encoding.UTF8;Msg.Attachments.Add(new Attachment(FileName)); SmtpClient Client = new SmtpClient("127.0.0.1");Client.Send(Msg); I get  the exceptions: Unable to send email Unable to connect to remote server  What should I be specifying as the remote server for the smtp c...

Problems in sending email through web form
Dear All,   Trying to send the email from the web form and getting this error when email address is out of the SMTP domain. Like if Use SMTP ABCCORP.com and enter "TO" email as abc@abccorp.com it sends the email with no problem but if "TO" email is say abc@yahoo.com or abc@gmail.com I gat following message. Please help Error Occured in Site:System.Web.HttpException: Could not access 'CDO.Message' object. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8004020F):...

How to send email on .NET Windows Form?
Please let me know if you have a URL that would help me learn to to send email from a .Net windows application.  Thank you in Advance. Lynn   I'm not a Windows form person, but I assume it's the same as web forms. In that case, take a look at the following sites. SystemNetMail.comSystemWebMail.com HTH,RyanRyan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThttp://ryanolshan.comHow to ask a question...

Sending email through web form (C#)
Hi, I want to provide a link on my web form which when clicked by a customer will open up his local email program so that he can send regular email to anyone. Please provide code in C# if possible. Regards, Sandyhttp://www.thequinn.infohttp://www.sksdataservices.comhttp://www.infobasket.info all u need is to provide a hyperlink with the email address of the receiver. <a href="mailto:help@microsoft.com">Send Email</a>Sending Email Through Code Example HCHaissam Abdul MalakMCAD.NET| Blog |...

Web resources about - Editing/removing headers when sending email - asp.net.web-forms