dynamically create complex excel file

I know how to export a gridview or send a datatable to open an excel file.

But right now I need to export a complext excel file. Which means it has complex structure (both rows and columns have different names, some rows/columns are collapsed, etc.)

Anybody knows how to do that?

0
mabellez

Try:

Excel Xml Writer (free)

Softartisans OfficeWriter (costs money)

Darrell Norton, MVP
Darrell Norton's Blog

DarrellNorton

Excel experts : Filling an complex Excel file and parsing a complex Excel file
I am stuck with below mentioned problem The requirement is that, we have Excel file template(.xls) which has Macros and most of the Worksheets are either hidden OR locked. When the end user clicks on a button to download it, follows modifications has to be done to the Excel sheet. Unlock the Excel worksheet, fill some data at certain cells and then lock it back Write some data into a hidden worksheet There are two options as far as I know Excel Interop/MICROSOFT Excel 11.0 Object Library  OLEDB Driver I cannot go with option 1 becaus...

Reading Excel Files from a .Net Web Form
Hi, This might be a dumb question, but ... When reading an Excel file from a .Net Web Form, is it necessary to have Microsoft Excel actually installed on the client machine running the web form? Also, do the Excel files being read need to be saved as "values only" or can the values be extracted from a spreadsheet where the cells contain formulas? Thanks. -Wayne Hi, For the 1st part, Office is not necessary to be installed. But Download the Office XP PIAs and use them to develop Office XP solutions with Visual Studio .NET. For 2nd Part I think you need to use Values.Regar...

Aspose.Excel.Web 1.0 Released!
Aspose.Excel.Web 1.0 Released! Version 1.0 Released on March 10 2005 ...

How to Create .mdb file from Excel file using C#.net
Hi all I want to create .mdb file that i have created excel feel from MS jet Database... through code behind Help me in this..  Regards RaviPlease click "mark as answer" if this post helped you. How to create an mdb file programmtically:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317881How to import Excel data into it: http://www.mikesdotnetting.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=79 Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site...

How to Dynamically open excel through IE without creating an excel file
Hi, Is there a way to open excel within Internet Explorer to show some data from database (Oracle),through excel without actually creating an excel file on the server in ASP.net,dynamically? Thanks, Girish. you can send html down to the client and then set the contenttype header to the excel. it needs to be atleast excel97 or higher to be able to interpret the html. Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel" Response.AppendHeader("Content-Disposition", "filename=blah.xls;") Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a differe...

Importing text file (possibly a excel file) via a web-form to a database.
Hey there - I'm sort of new to this and have a question - which in itself is probably easy, I'm just having trouble finding it. I need to import a text file - possibly later an excel file - into a SQL database via a web-form upload function. Can anyone point me in the right direction? A tutorial page that you know of or sample code, possibly? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Hi, Take a look @ : - Reading a Delimited File Using ASP.Net and VB.Net - HTHK B ShajudeenAreYaar.comDubai, United Arab Emirates. That was perfect - thank you!...

Using OWC to create an interactive excel with graogh in web page and export to excel file?
I am able to create interactive graphs and excel raw data in web page Using OWC . I can export the raw data in excel . The limitation I found to export the chart along with the raw data in same  to excel file in same work sheet or different work sheet as interactive. ie After export to excel file when you change the raw data in excel file , graph needs to be chnaged. It would be great help for me getting some responses to know is it possible Using OWC . Thanks in advance  ...

how to dynamically create a web form
here is my problem...I have a web form grid.aspx which i am opening in a new window whenever user makes a particular selection from dropdownlist... the thing is i am opening a new window everytime a different selection has been made from the dropdown.... using window.open('grid.aspx?selection attributes,'selection attribute'); my problem is that in my grid.aspx form i am using session variables so that variables for each window are different from other windows and no changes on one window would reflect on another because of these different session variables...but my problem will come whe...

Creating dynamic web forms
Hello, all,I come to you at the heights of despair, after long searches and sleepless nights, so I hope you can provide an answer.I have a particular section of my web application in which I build textboxes based on information retrieved from the database -- that is, I cannot predict the number of textboxes, so I loop through the number of records in an ArrayList of Gentle.NET mapping objects and create a couple of textboxes for each row, retrieve the required information for display and so forth. All text boxes are then bound to a HtmlGeneric control that was pre-registered into the form an...

Create a text file from a web form
Is there an open-source tool that can be used to create a simple web form that prompts for some basic information and then create a text file on the users workstation. What I want to do is to create a standard e-mail signature file for my users. To do that I was thinking of prompting them for their information and then formatting that information into a html file that I would then save on their workstations for use. Ideally I'd also like to save a graphic image as well along with the html file. I need to do something that does not require any code to be installed on the...

Creating an Excel file dynamically very urgent
I am trying to export data into excel but am having this particular error. i dont know what to do to rectify the problem. pls it is very urgent The error  description  Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 80070005. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Retrieving the COM cla...

How to Create an Excel File from VB.Net
VWD 2008 Express.  Visual Basic. Is it possible to build an Excel workbook from VB code behind an aspx page.  What do I need to do?  Can anyone provide a code sample?  Thanks.Dr. Douglas PruiettGood News Jail & Prison Ministrywww.goodnewsjail.org Not knowing your exact needs, this code sample from ASPNet101.com shows how to export from a Gridview to an Excel file http://www.aspnet101.com/aspnet101/aspnet/codesample.aspx?code=gvExportExcelDavid WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!Contro...

How to create web form items dynamically
I have a list item in database, I want to retrive the items, then create a web form, each item has two paralleled textboxes that allow user input budget and explanation, like List Item -------------- Budget ----- -------------------Explanation Travel ----------------- 2,500(textbox) -----------------Training Fee(Textbox) Hardware------------- 1,500(textbox) -----------------PC(textbox) Software-------------- 700(textbox)--------------------Photoshop(textbox) List Item will come from database. How can I do that? (I really want to back to CLASSIC ASP. .NET is so a...

Dynamically created controls in web form
Hi there. This is bit of an open ASP.Net (C#) question with regards to dynamically created controls and in particular tabular or panel controls. What I currently have is a web page that creates between 1 and 6  tables, each of which holds specific data about a set of products, each table (or panel, if you want) has a couple of multi-line TextBoxes and a few other controls, all lined up in a set format. The number is determined by the data records returned from a database table. My question is what is a best way to create these tables of data at run time?  Has anybody else had e...

Web resources about - dynamically create complex excel file - asp.net.web-forms