Dropdownlist on website - using some pc's can type into the dropdownlist but can't on other pc's

When I access an application written in asp.net 2.0 on my pc (uses XP) and on a laptop (using Vista), I can type into the dropdownlist to search for a record.  But other pc's (using XP) do not allow the user type to do a search.  Only the first letter of the word or the drop down are available to do a search.   Does anyone know why it would work with some pc's but not on others?

0
McGuire

I think this behaviour is in IE 7, check to see what versions of IE the PC's have that done work.

Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post(s) that helped you.

NHibernate with ASP.net Problem-Design-Solution sample application
Scott ASP.net blog

0
scott
3/3/2008 7:08:11 PM

That is it.  I installed IE7 on one of the pc's that still had IE6 and I can now type the name into the dropdownlist.  Thanks.

0
McGuire

Can't figure out what's wrong with mail URL's
I have a problem in that when I click a URL within my mail client (Mozilla Thunderbird) - it downloads HTML and then displays it in IE with an address of C:\Documents and Settings\my name\Local Settings\Temp\name of HTML file This means that none of the associated images etc are displayed. The only way I can get the site to load properly is to copy and paste the URL into IE directly. Previously I was using Mozilla Firebird as my default browser. Anyone know what is going on here? Thanks! XP Pro SP1, IE 6.0, Mozilla Thunderbird 0.4 Paul Jackson <jackson.p.g@ayte...

'Can't save web pages, Ctrl+S. 'Can save same pages from I.E
Name: Del Dyreson Email: drdyreson_at_earthlink.net Product: Firefox Summary: 'Can't save web pages, Ctrl+S. 'Can save same pages from I.E Comments: 'Can't save web pages, Ctrl+S. 'Can save same pages from I.E. I'm running Win2000Pro, Ver 5.0 (Build 2195, Service Pack 4). Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8.0.4) Gecko/20060508 Firefox/1.5.0.4 ...

Can't open doc's across PO's in "live" mode over the web...
Using GWise 6.5, NetWare 6.0 The POA's are NAT'd through our firewall. In our production environment we have 4 POA's with approx. 30 libraries spread out among them. The libraries are created under the PO's. Each PO has it's own set of libraries and does both email & library processing. In our test environment, I have 1 PO for email only (no libraries) and another PO for documents only (no email) with a library created under it. The following error happens in both environments: When users are logged into GWise from outside the LAN in "live...

Security startup's creed: you can't hack what you can't see
Security software startup Trusted Network Technologies Inc. is expected to come out of hiding this week. But it hopes its customers will appreciate the ability to make their networks and critical information systems more clandestine. The company is expected to disclose today that it has received $6 million in first-round funding from Charles River Ventures and Flagship Ventures, and it will unveil its access-management app, Identity, which sports a sneaky twist. According to company founder and CEO Stephen Gant, the app provides user access control by embedding a two-factor identity--o...

It's all very fuzzy now...can make web request(?) but definately can't get web response from web service
Alas...trying to get a web service response from a web service that is part of the web site in Visual Studio.Net 3.5 appears to be impossible.  Infact, I've been ALL over the internet over the past couple of days looking at all types of fragmentory examples in all types of Microsoft languages to no avail. =========QUESTION:=========1.  How do I call a web service (the function to call is "WebService_BulkData") so that my aspx page will send it a SOAP request and print out the web service response data to the page?  The aspx page AND the web service are part of t...

I can't stop a 'what's new' tab opening
Name: Bradley Crees Product: Shiretoko Summary: I can't stop a 'what's new' tab opening Comments: every time I open firefox it opens a tab with http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/3.1b1/whatsnew/ I can't stop it coming up, and it's affecting my ocd Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1b1) Gecko/20081007 Firefox/3.1b1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to ...

W2K pc's can't connect to CIFS
Hi, We're having persistent problems with remote W2K machines that cannot connect to NFAP/CIFS in domain mode. We're using NW6.5 SP3 with post SP2 cifs, nss, tcpipj and winsock patches. It's domain mode to an NT server as the PDC. The remote W2K users have their own id's and passwords for the local network and also different id and passwords for mapping to the CIFS volume. I'm getting users who can't login and phone up with an intruder lockout. When I clear the lockouts and change the password I can log in immediately as them on a spare NT workstatio...

can't get reports 'Old Chart's and 'New Charts' to work properly
1. If I try and draw a chart it doesn't go beyond June of this year so I'm missing a lot of data in the output. 2. Is there a reason for this - I have been modding bugzilla so that it has an extra status field from earlier this year - would that have had an impact ? 3. Also when I try and do a Old Chart or NewChart I can't see my new 'Status' field to select - this is ok if I do a bar chart though. cheers On Mon, 2011-12-05 at 03:25 -0800, nothtb@ukonline.co.uk wrote: > 1. If I try and draw a chart it doesn't go beyond June of this year so &g...

can't connect to site's IP when i'm outside the computer hosting the website
I have a computer with IIS on it that is currently running the server with an IP of: 65.68.82.120 When I use the computer that is hosting the website and go to that IP the website comes up fine, but any other computer just gives a 404 (A.K.A, it doesn't see anything there) Any ideas? feels a bit like the computer hosting the site is running a firewall and is blocking port 80 requests. could it be the built-in windows xp firewall getting in the way?Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/...

Can´t make a web site with a toolkit's component work in Godaddy's hosting service
When trying to reach a page with a toolkit's component I get the following Parser Error Message: "Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest."Please somebody tell me if is there anything I must add to the web.config file to make it work. Many thanks in advance.  Have a look at this thread it will help you to solve this issue.http://forums.asp.net/p/1043427/1802895.aspx ...

Dropdownlist's Value Updates Another Dropdownlist's list
Hi, I'm looking for the best way to update a dropdownlist's list based on a value choosen from another dropdownlist on the page. A common example of this is there are two DDLs.  One for state and one for county.  The county DDL is left blank until a state is choosen.  Once a state is choosen then the county dropdownlist is filled. Now here is part of my dilemma.  I'm entered other data on the form, so if I postback I need some way of knowing that the postback is just for the purpose of filling the secont dropdownlist.  In addition everytime that first DDL is change...

Sometimes I can't resolve URL's but hitting enter or the 'Go' button
Name: Charlie Email: chakkoatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Sometimes I can't resolve URL's but hitting enter or the 'Go' button Comments: Sometimes I can't resolve URL's but hitting enter or the 'Go' button. The only way around this is to restart the browser or click my Google bookmark and 'search' for the URL I want. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.0.1) Gecko/2008070206 Firefox/3.0.1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Web resources about - Dropdownlist on website - using some pc's can type into the dropdownlist but can't on other pc's - asp.net.web-forms

Tag Synonyms - Stack Overflow

Air Astana - Join Now

Blog - Avisra

Online Booking Tool Support