doing client-side action after server-side event ends

 I have a asp-button;I want it to perform a client-side action after completion of the sever-side action((like:calling a javascript function after the click event of the button ends);

0
subhadipd

You can inject some javascript from the server side button click event so that when the page renders on the client side it will invoke the function or javascript fragment.

You can use the method Page.RegisterStartupScript to inject javascript, or you can assign the javascript fragment to a literal control which would be interpreted when the page renders on client side.

0
jimmy
10/23/2007 4:30:04 AM

 Can u add some code snippet

0
subhadipd
10/23/2007 4:55:55 AM

example.

// add this line in your button click event handler method
this.Page.RegisterStartupScript("afterButtonClick", "&lt;script>alert('this is raised after the button click event');</script>");

//or you can add the same text to a literal control on your page
//from within your button click event handler method
this.Literal1.Text = "&lt;script>alert('hello world')</script>";

0
jimmy

Help with client side events Vs. server side events
Hi, Can someone look as the following script and tell me why marking the check box doesn't generate a client side event eventhough there's: onclick="checkClick()"? marked.  Thanks in advance, Sivan <%@ Page Language="c#" %><HTML> <HEAD>  <meta name="vs_targetSchema" content="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5"> </HEAD> <body>  <SCRIPT language="c#" runat="Server">  void Page_Load(object s, EventArgs e) {  if (!Page.IsPostBack)  {   Label1.Text = Label...

Client side/server side event race.
 Hi.  I've got a page that 1) Takes some text fields as input2) Does some math calculations on the input (server side via a "calculate" button click)3) Then opens a new window with some detailed information (client side, via a "view report" button click)The server needs to "calculate" before the user can click "view report" so I start with "view report" disabled.  I've got input validation on the "calculate" click, and at the end, I enable the "view report" button.  Everything is working well wi...

Client Side events and Server side binding
I want to filter a dataset, server side and bind it to a select control. Problem is my filtering must be done based on the text written by the user in a text input. To get this text i'm using client side keyboard events. I tried to use client side binding and it works fine, but the problem is my dataset has more than 10000 rows, and so the performance is awful. Only thing i can do i think is to rebind the select control to a filtered dataset, improving performance. This is my code at the moment: In the aspx: static HtmlSelect _control = null; [WebMethod(EnableSession = true)] publi...

differences between server side asynchronous Web methods and client side asynchronous Web methods
Hi,   can anyone expalin what are the differences between server side asynchronous Web methods  and client side asynchronous Web methods in ASP.Net 2.0 ?   any best articles on serverside asynchronous Web methods  ?   Thanks,  hi, check this url, Server-Side Asynchronous Methods for ASP.NET, http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cpp/asyncws.aspx   Calling the Server-Side method asynchronously from Client Script, http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/dipenlama22/Callbacks07182006093320AM/Callbacks.aspx...

Performing several actions (server side and client side)
Dear all, I have the need for a link button to use Ajax and perform a server side action, in this case set a session variable, and then, once its done that, envoke a popup window. I have obviously performed both task individually before, but was unsure of how I can do this, or more to the point *if* I can do this... I want to set a session variable but only when the link is clicked, and I need to launch the window... Any help or a small example would be appreciated.. Thanks in advanceRegardsRob Meade You can achieve this by using the Attributes collection of the linkbutton control. e....

Accessing server-side variables from client-side events
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00E8_01C04D70.7EAC7080 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable In a client-side itemchanged function, how can I set a server-side = variable?? I simply need to execute the following: psSession.SetValue("userID", user_id); I'm sure there's a way to trigger server-side script and pass in = variables. Any suggestions?? Thanks. ------=_NextPart_000_00E8_01C04D70.7EAC7080 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" ...

executing my own function @ server side for a client side event
hi all, I have a client side dropdownlist control with onchange event. I am calling form1.submit() method in onchange event. is it possible to catch that event at server side ???ThanksPrashanth.J Not if you call form1.submit(). Try replacing that with <%= ClientScript.GetPostBackEventReference(DropDownList1, string.Empty) %>; Then in the Page_Load handler server-side: private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e){ if ( this.IsPostBack ) {  // Place any code that needs to be executed ONLY on a post-back here.  string eventTarget = (this.Req...

Server Side control invoking a Client Side event
I need to figure out how to get a server side control to process the "OnMouseOver" event. Since server side controls do not have the onmouseover event associated with them, how would you make for example, a DropDownList have a "OnMouseOver" event associate with it? The DropDownList must be server side. I guess the idea here is to set client-side events on the server-side control. Any help will be appreciated. You may try something like this: In server side code DDL1.Attributes.Add("onmouseover", "javascript:alert('Hi')") Th...

Stop execution of server side event from client side
Dear All  I have a text box and i wrote code on the server side event( On Text Change). So when i write something on the text box it goes to server and execute the server side code. Now i want to control this sever execution from client side. i mean i want to cancel this postback from client side under some conition. can anyone plz help me? Regards Sure if you let us know what you want to be done. here is an example <asp:textbox id="txtFile" OnTextChanged="javascript:RefreshPage();" Visible=true Width=500 Runat=server/> function RefreshPage() { &nb...

How to fire a server side Sub after client side event?
Hi,  How can i fire a server side event after a client side event..? For example, just an example, i want to show a "message box" - The debugging one: MsgBox(stuffs), or calls any other functions which requires the clicked button's id? I took a look on stuffs like getPostBackEventReference()... Did i in the wrong way? Any help or quick sample would be very much appreciated!! :D Hi, you can call the doPostBack (first argument is the control-Id) method, see my code snippet:<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Testpage.aspx.cs" Inhe...

Web resources about - doing client-side action after server-side event ends - asp.net.web-forms

Client-side - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Client-side refers to operations that are performed by the client in a client–server relationship in a computer network . Typically, a client ...

Senior Search Manager - Client Side!!
... strategy insight for senior IT management - resources to understand and leverage information technology. Senior Search Manager - Client Side ...

Account Manager - Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!

Media Sales Executive - Client Side!!
Technology news and reviews for business and home.

PPC Paid Search Manager - CLIENT SIDE
Defining Technology for Australia's IT Leaders. PPC Paid Search Manager - SEM - **CLIENT SIDE** Sydney CBD Location Client side!! SEM/PPC/Paid ...

How Basecamp Next got to be so damn fast without using much client-side UI
When we started working on Basecamp Next last year, we had much internal debate about whether we should evolve the existing code base or rewrite ...

Seven Tips for Pitching From the Client's Side of the Table
I had a chance to sit on the other side of the pitch table. Here is what I learned.

Client-side coding: How to prevent malicious use?
Applications that run on a user-controlled device cannot be perfectly protected.

The client side
... regarding the professionals you seek to assist. Even better if you possess that understanding yourself, having worked on the client side. I'm ...

Ecommerce traffic being hijacked by client side malware
According to new research 15 to 30 percent of eCommerce site visitors are infected with Client Side Injected Malware (CSIM) that causes them ...