Desktop Web Controls vs. Mobile Web Controls

Hi,

after having a look at the posts in this forum about mobile issues, i still have some doubts. Hope someone can clarify this to me:

  1. VS2005 does not need MMIT (currently known as ASP .NET Mobile Controls) because it´s already included in 2.0 version, right?
  2. In VS2005, if i decide to build a web site to be accessible via a desktop browser or a mobile device, the right thing to do is use the asp .net web application template? In this case, the rendering is automatic depending on the device, correct?
  3. If i decide to create a web page to be accessible via a device browser, then, for now, i still have to use the asp .net web application template because VS2005 doesn´t have a mobile specific one.... ?
  4. What is the difference between desktop web controls and mobile web controls..... I use the same toolbox, right?

Thanks in advance,

SP

0
spaiva

Mobile Web Controls vs. Web Controls
I am using VS2003 and I have realized that Mobile Web Controls are very basic and simple. So I saw in a post the way to use Web Controls inside Mobile Web Forms. Since then, I often use Web Controls instead of Mobile Web Controls. I put the Web Control inside a Mobile DeviceSpecific and put this DeviceSpecific inside a Mobile Panel. Why the Mobile Controls are so simple?  Does it happen the same in VS2005 or 2008? And, is it right to use only Web Controls inside Mobile Web Forms? Thanks. xesteban:Why the Mobile Controls are so simple?   They are simple because they suppor...

Web control in web control

web web web

web controls and web user control

Use Web Control In a Web Control
Is this possible?I am working with an aspx page that consists of many different web controls.One of the web controls contains search criteria.  One of the criteria is a date range where I am trying to add a popup calendar --> which is another web controlCan I register the popupcaledar control on the questionaire control?  I have tried, but nothing seems to be registered.Any ideas will GREATLY help.Relax and have some Home Brew!Prosecute the Owner - Don't PERSECUTE the Breed!Breed Specific Legislation targets the WRONG end of the LEASH! Without seeing your code we can'...

Web User Control to Web User Control...

Reusing custom web control in the same web control
Hello, I'm newbie in web development and of course asp.net. I am actually trying to build my first page and I'd like to know if it is possible to make a custom webcontrol that will contain itself. Let's say I want to draw a folder hierarchy in treeview-like structure. I thought I could make a control that will display a folder and if this folder contains subfolders then for each the control will include itself. Is this even possible? What would you suggest me to do to? Thanks in advance. TomTom Hagen http://thagen.dteam.info If the control can have child controls, then I s...

Web Form and Web User Control
Hello, I have a Web User Control (ascx) that includes a button. This button has an onclick event method. This Web User control is included into a Web Form. (thru LoadControl). However, when I click on the button, the event method is not executed. What should I include in order it works fine? Thanks in advance. GAA. Using Loadcontrol is using dynamic controls and when using dynamic controls you must recreate the same dynamic controls ono postback to econstruct the page control tree. It is best if you do this during the Page PreInit event. How complex are your controls ...

HTML Controls vs Web Form Controls
Hi, I have a page with both controls (HTML and Web Form Controls). I am trying to use an html Calendar control and then get the date selected by the user and put into a Web form input field control. When I try to run this the HTML control cannot talk to the Web form control. Any ideas? Thanks. Can't you put some javascript in the HTML-control with which you assign the value to the ASP.NET Server control? Please post some code so I can help u. Kind Regards,ThaYoung1! Hi here is the Code. Also I added a web form text input control and an html text control and created a fu...

Web form Controls vs HTML controls
Hi, can anyone explain me the difference between Web Form Controls and HTML controls? What is their usability and disadvantages? Can i write code behind HTML controls?    Thanx in advance. Yes, you just have add "runat=server", in your HTML control. The Web Server Control, have more funtionality that the HTML controls. With Web Server Control, you can work easy with Data. Too, you have controls as AdRotator, WebCalendar and more... : http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/MCP Sergio Tarrillo Here are the Recommendations from Microsoft ....when to use 1 over the other...

Web resources about - Desktop Web Controls vs. Mobile Web Controls - asp.net.web-forms

Otway fire still out of control but no threat to Falls Festival
Firefighters are battling to contain an out-of-control Great Otway National Park fire ahead of an expected hot and windy weather spike on Christmas ...

Review: Sugr Cube, the cute wooden portable AirPlay speaker with gesture controls
... rarer, pretty ones even rarer and the Sugr Cube goes one step further in its bid to stand out from the crowd: it offers gesture-based control. ...

Dell Issues Patch For Content Adaptive Brightness Control On The XPS 13
... issues, as all devices do. One that was very frustrating to deal with during the review was the aggressive Content Adaptive Brightness Control ...

This is how Amazon is taking control of delivery – and taking it away from UPS
As Amazon searches for ways to speed up delivery, the company this year made big strides toward cutting out the middle man and establishing a ...

Virginia AG Ends Concealed Reciprocity with 25 States for Lack of Gun Control
Virginia AG Ends Concealed Carry Reciprocity With 25 States For Lack Of Gun Control

Afghan officials: Key district besieged by Taliban still under state control
"Taliban rumors that they have captured the district are not true," says local official trapped for 3 days before government reinforcements arrived ...

Taliban forces take control of key district in Afghanistan's Helmand province
CNN Taliban forces take control of key district in Afghanistan's Helmand province CNN Kabul, Afghanistan (CNN) Taliban forces have taken almost ...

NRA: 6.3 Million Concealed Carry Permit Holders Affected By Virginia Gun Control Move
The National Rifle Association says 6.3 million concealed carry permit holders will be affected by Virginia’s Democrat Attorney General’s move ...

How Sepp Blatter Lost Control Of His Monster
If Sepp Blatter could take a step back and look at the bigger picture, forgetting for a moment that today’s eight-year ban from all soccer activities ...