DB Column Name with spaces: ObjectDataSource 'odsEquipment' could not find a non-generic method 'Update' that has parameters

I created a very simple web form to update a table which contains column names with spaces. For example: Serial Number,  Stock Number, etc.

 However, it seems the FormView control try to find the update method which has two parameters for each column name contains space (one with space and another one of underscore, e.g. Serial Number and Serial_Number)

 The error message is

ObjectDataSource 'odsEquipment' could not find a non-generic method 'Update' that has parameters: Year, Manufacture, Model, Price, Serial_Number, Condition, Stock_Number, Horse_Power, Drive, Detailed_Description, General_Information, Image1, Image2, Image3, Image4, original_EquipmentID, [Serial Number], [Stock Number], [Horse Power], [Detailed Description], [General Information].

How to fix the issue?

Thanks.

ObjectDataSource is:

 <asp:ObjectDataSource ID="odsEquipment" runat="server" DeleteMethod="Delete" InsertMethod="Insert"
            OldValuesParameterFormatString="{0}" SelectMethod="GetData" TypeName="EquipmentTableAdapters.EquipmentTableAdapter"
            UpdateMethod="Update">
            <DeleteParameters>
                <asp:Parameter Name="Original_EquipmentID" Type="Int32" />
            </DeleteParameters>
            <UpdateParameters>
                <asp:Parameter Name="Year" Type="Int16" />
                <asp:Parameter Name="Manufacture" Type="String" />
                <asp:Parameter Name="Model" Type="String" />
                <asp:Parameter Name="Price" Type="Decimal" />
                <asp:Parameter Name="Serial_Number" Type="String" />
                <asp:Parameter Name="Condition" Type="String" />
                <asp:Parameter Name="Stock_Number" Type="String" />
                <asp:Parameter Name="Horse_Power" Type="Single" />
                <asp:Parameter Name="Drive" Type="String" />
                <asp:Parameter Name="Detailed_Description" Type="String" />
                <asp:Parameter Name="General_Information" Type="String" />
                <asp:Parameter Name="Image1" Type="String" />
                <asp:Parameter Name="Image2" Type="String" />
                <asp:Parameter Name="Image3" Type="String" />
                <asp:Parameter Name="Image4" Type="String" />
                <asp:Parameter Name="Original_EquipmentID" Type="Int32" />
            </UpdateParameters>

0
ydbn

ydbn:

ObjectDataSource 'odsEquipment' could not find a non-generic method 'Update' that has parameters: Year, Manufacture, Model, Price, Serial_Number, Condition, Stock_Number, Horse_Power, Drive, Detailed_Description, General_Information, Image1, Image2, Image3, Image4, original_EquipmentID, [Serial Number], [Stock Number], [Horse Power], [Detailed Description], [General Information].

Hi friend,

Please refer this article in advance,

http://forums.asp.net/p/1269248/2396521.aspx

and to know more, please check this link, http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.objectdatasource.update.aspx

Hope it helps,

Hong Gang

Hong-Gang Chen
Microsoft Online Community Support
Hong

ObjectDataSource 'SearchDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'Update' that has parameters ...
Sorry to post yet another question about this.  I've spent 5 days googling and found great solutions such as:  In Design Mode on your aspx click on your SearchDataSource and change the OldValuesParameterFormatString from "Origional_{0}" to "{0}" without the quotes.  I've also read that you should set the ID columns read-only property to false.  I've also read several posts where someone has just mis-spelled something or the parameters in their Update didn't match their DataSet.  So I've seen many happy people and I'm a hope...

ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'Update' that has parameters:
Error Message:  Server Error in '/call in' Application.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'Update' that has parameters: Name, Date, Shift, Call_Answered, Left_Message, Call_Returned, Available, Complete, original_TaskID, Call Answered, Left Message, Call Returned. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Excepti...

ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'Update' that has parameters:
Looks like I am not the only person th ever have a problem with this, and I have it working fine on other forms.   Any help would be appreciated.  Again here select, and delete are ok.  I handle the adds with BLL code just the Update is making me crazy.  I have included the code for the aspx page and a snippet of the xsd code dealing with the Update. Error Message: ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'Update' that has parameters: CompanyID, FacilityName, Address1, Address2, C...

Where do I look in my source to find the code that is causing this error ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'Update' that has parameters
Hi; My problem began when I deleted the key field in my grid view. I checked my web page code and also corrected my update command and parameters in my table adapter. I would really rather not start over. Thanks for any insights !         GMann Hi, Can you provide the code? Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Hi;   Problem S O L V E D !   I thought ...

ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'name_of_the Method' that has parameters
Hi am getting this error when am trying to insert new record in Details View   ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'insertdata' that has parameters    The data source for the details view is objectdatasoure which configured on class located in app_code folder   the class contain 2 methods one for selecting and one for inserting  ,     please anyone can help to solve this problem 1) Did you define the method that will handle the inserting for the ObjectDataSource control? (posting the code from the .as...

Error updating with datagridview: ObjectDataSource 'objsavers' could not find a non-generic method 'Update' that has parameters: ContentID, Title, Price, DisplayDate, EndDate, original_ID
Hello,    I am having difficulty with using the objectdatasource tied to a typed dataset in another assembly. I dragged my table over to my typed dataset.  I dragged a datagridview to my form.  I told it to create a new objectadatasource, and pulled its data from a query I added called FillByContentID (which gets its parameter from the querystring, as in request.querystring("id")). It pulls the data just fine, I try to edit a row, and when I update the row, I get the following error message: ObjectDataSource 'objsavers' could not find a non-generic method 'Update...

ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'Insert' that has parameters: Identity Column insertion issue
   Hi, I am using ObjectDatasource for Insert/Update/Delete record from the table. Both Update and Delete are working fine but only problem with Insertion, I have CMP_ID is my primary key(PK) and its 'Identity' coulum, so whenever new record created the PK will generate automatically. Below is my Code snaps. <asp:ObjectDataSource ID="ObjectDataSource1" runat="server" DeleteMethod="Delete" InsertMethod="Insert" SelectMethod="GetData" OldValuesParameterFormatString="{0}" TypeName="CompanysDatasetTableAd...

ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSourceMac' could not find a non-generic method 'Update'
I am using GridView for editing my data in Visual Studio 2005. So, when I click on "update", following error has been occuring. ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSourceMac' could not find a non-generic method 'Update' that has parameters: Machine_Type, Model, Manufacturer, Sold, original_Machine_ID, Machine Type. May the smile on your face Come straight from your heart :)khuram latifSr. Web Developer, As the error message suggests, you need an Update command in your ObjectDataSource that has those parameters. It must also be non-generic, again, as the error m...

ObjectDataSource 'assessComps' could not find a non-generic method 'GetCompetenciesByAssessmentID' that has parameters
I am attempting to create a 3 tier architecture as described in Scott Mitchell's tutorial on this site, and I receive the following error that is driving me insane.  ObjectDataSource 'assessComps' could not find a non-generic method 'GetCompetenciesByAssessmentID' that has parameters I have seen several posts in relation to this error message but those all seem to be in regard to inserting, updating, or deleting data. In my case, I only need to select the data, and I couldn't find anything relative to that here. On to the code...  The code for each tier is as follows. Pre...

ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'Insert' that has parameters
Same problem 99% of all Object programmers in VS2005 are having when using Insert and XSD's.  I have a DETAILS VIEW (not a gridview) for INSERTING records into a database.  XSD has been built with ONE stored procedure added to it (thought I'd narrow it down).  The spInsertRecord (for example) is connected to the INSERT dropdown on the datasource and the SELECT procedure (of course, we HAVE to have one of those or you jsut don't get the "next" button in the wonderful wizard of MS) set to CreateObjRef (because I've already tried creating a SP just for ...

ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'updateEvent' that has parameters

ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'GetRatings' that has no parameters.
I've been studying this tutorial over here at: http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/data/databases.aspx#updatedelete but I can't seem to get my gridview working.  I want to be able to edit the fields and also delete an entire row from the table if needed. I hard coded in the update and delete commands into my objectdatasource but I still get the error message. Also, I can't even refresh the aspx page: <%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/templates/admin.master" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="article_comments.as...

ObjectDataSource 'ObjContactDetails' could not find a non-generic method 'ContactDetails' that has parameters: ContactID, Responsibility, Name, Email, Location, Company, Phone.
Aspx Code:   <asp:Label ID="lblcontactDetails" Width=50% CssClass="labelh3" runat="server" Text="Contact Details"></asp:Label><asp:GridView ID="GVContactDetails" runat="server" ShowFooter="True" AllowPaging="True" PageSize="7" AutoGenerateColumns="False" EmptyDataText="No Entries Found" DataSourceID="ObjContactDetails"> <Columns><asp:BoundField DataField="ContactID" HeaderText="ContactID" SortExpression="Con...

ObjectDataSource '...' could not find a non-generic method '...'
In Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition, I've created an ASPX page that uses a DetailsView and an ObjectDataSource ('ObjectDataSource1') to connect to an Access 2003 database, via a TableAdapter.  I've successfully created SELECT and UPDATE ('UpdateAddrQuery') methods in the TableAdapter but noticed that when I included any of these columns [E-mail], [2003Campaign], [2007Campaign], [Date Joined], [Grant Size], and [Next Deadline], it would generate an error message.  In the case  of [Next Deadline] it is as follows:   ObjectDataSource 'O...

Web resources about - DB Column Name with spaces: ObjectDataSource 'odsEquipment' could not find a non-generic method 'Update' that has parameters - asp.net.web-forms