Database Connection using DSN in asp.net

Hi,

Iam developing an intranet web application in asp.net with SQL Server database. I have loaded .Net in a system ( which is in LAN)other than server. But the database resides in server. Now i want to connect the application to that server database thru DSN. (or if there is any other method for connection) .

Crying [:'(] Its very urgent. Can anyone help me out of this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

VR.Chakravarthy.

Cheers,
Chakri
0
chakravarthy_msc

C#.NET WEB APPLICATION

How to connect PB .NET Web Forms to MS SQL 2005 via SNC using "Windows Authentication"?
Dear All, I have a PowerBuilder native client / server application which connects fine to the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 back-end database via the SNC native driver using "Windows Authentication" (NOT "SQL Server Authentication"). The corresponding program code being used is as shown below: ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// String ls_userid, ls_password ls_userid = sle_id.Text ls_password = sle_password.Text IF Len(ls_userid) <> 0 AND Len(ls_password) <> 0 THEN // Pro...

using non .net DLL in .net web application
Is it possible to use a non .NET DLL in a .NET web application ?I have a vb.net web application, and I am thinking of purchasing a pascal DLL to use in it.  I am not sure if its possible, or if there are any downsides?  I really don't want to run anything that could cause any problems or complications.Thanks! mike123 Yes, it's perfectly possible to use non-.NET DLLs. The way to do it is called Interop. If you Google for that, you'll find plenty on it.  just add reference ... compile ....and use...Please click Mark as Answer on this post if it helps y...

can't connect to sql server database with same connection used in visual studio .net 2003
I have the following code that works fine in visual studio .net 2003 but not with VWD.  I have sql server 2000 developer edition installed locally and this connection works fine with visual studio.  With VWD it fails with the exception "System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'DARRELL\ASPNET'".  It fails on the conn.Open line.   any ideas on what the issue is?Dim conn As SqlConnectionDim connstr As Stringconnstr = "Data Source=DARRELL;Initial Catalog=Event;Integrated Security=SSPI;"Dim daEvents As New SqlDataAdapter("select * from events", connstr...

using oledb with ado.net connection to a database
I have just started using visual studio.net and am trying to do a database example Below is my code Public Class fclsMain Inherits System.Windows.Forms.Form Private m_cnADONetConnection As New OleDb.OleDbConnection Private m_daDataAdapter As New OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter Private m_cbCommandBuilder As OleDb.OleDbCommandBuilder Private m_dtContacts As New DataTable Private m_rowPosition As Integer = 0 #Region " Windows Form Designer generated code " Public Sub New() MyBase.New() 'This call is required by th...

setup AP.NET membership database & web.config in .NET 3.5?
 A long time ago I setup an ASP.NET security database using aspnet_regsql.exe. I noticed this utility doesn't ship with .NET 3.5. Can anyone direct me to a writeup of how to create the security database and modify the web.config for membership? Thanks! Michael  Hello Michael, You still use the .net framework version 2 version of aspnet_regsql.exe in something like C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727As I understand it ver 3.5 is just adding new features onto the version 2 framework but mostly asp.net is just the same. Hope it helps JeremyRegardsJeremyIf ...

using javascript to change .net web form properties
Hello everyone, I'm fairly new to ASP.NET and I'm trying to find the best solution to this problem I'm having.  I believe ultimately what I need to be able to do is change the ImageUrl value via javascript of an ImageButton.  A small example of what I'm working on can be found here in a javascript form:http://www.msu.edu/~sebenic3/This is a simple data input method for a survey. There are three distinct columns, when you select a number within a column it will change the .gif image to show it's selected and then populate the textbox with that value.  I...

mysql connector NET, web.config database connection
Hey folks!    So, what's my problem? I just started to use MySQL on one project. Database is 5.0.45-community-nt via TCP/IP. I'm using Connector NET 5.1.4 and .NET Framework 2.0. Ok, so I do get MySQL.Data and all from code behind. But I just want to use it like SQL connection, so from web.config. But when I try to do that, my connection just disappears from the list (say when you are choosing connections for datasource of web control). So obviously something is wrong in my web.config declaration of connection string:  <connectionStrings> <add name=&...

Web resources about - Database Connection using DSN in asp.net - asp.net.web-forms

The Direct Connection

Cross-cultural Connections and Exchange: international study is more important than ever
... And, as a minority of ill-intentioned individuals and groups do their best to create divides, we need citizens equipped to create connections ...

Mali arrests 2 in connection with deadly hotel attack
Mali arrests 2 in connection with deadly hotel attack

Get ready for live-streamed extreme sports: Seattle startup Sioeye adds 4G connection to action cam
The history of people doing crazy stunts on camera is full of notable achievements. Motorcycle daredevil Evel Knievel jumped over whatever he ...