CreateUserWizard fails to send email with a great non-helpful error message

Hello. Trying to use the ASP.net user functionality but it keeps failing on me. I have created a login and registration page for my site. When you fill in the registration form it should send a confirmation email with a link to activate the account. Nothing hi-tech here. However, it fails to send the email and provides the following error message:

Code: ( text )
  1. Transaction failed. The server response was: sorry, the sender name and auth login doesn't coincide (#5.7.1)
  2. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
  3.
  4. Exception Details: System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Transaction failed. The server response was: sorry, the sender name and auth login doesn't coincide (#5.7.1)
  5.
  6. Source Error:
  7.
  8. An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
  9.
  10. Stack Trace:
  11.
  12.
  13. [SmtpException: Transaction failed. The server response was: sorry, the sender name and auth login doesn't coincide (#5.7.1)]
  14.    System.Net.Mail.MailCommand.CheckResponse(SmtpStat  usCode statusCode, String response) +179
  15.    System.Net.Mail.MailCommand.Send(SmtpConnection conn, Byte[] command, String from) +70
  16.    System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.SendMail(MailAddress   sender, MailAddressCollection recipients, String deliveryNotify, SmtpFailedRecipientException& exception) +188
  17.    System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message) +2184
  18.    System.Web.UI.WebControls.LoginUtil.SendPasswordMa  il(String email, String userName, String password, MailDefinition mailDefinition, String defaultSubject, String defaultBody, OnSendingMailDelegate onSendingMailDelegate, OnSendMailErrorDelegate onSendMailErrorDelegate, Control owner) +482
  19.    System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.Attempt  CreateUser() +641
  20.    System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.OnNextB  uttonClick(WizardNavigationEventArgs e) +200
  21.    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.OnBubbleEvent(Obj  ect source, EventArgs e) +651
  22.    System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.OnBubbl  eEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +158
  23.    System.Web.UI.WebControls.WizardChildTable.OnBubbl  eEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +39
  24.    System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +56
  25.    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnCommand(Command  EventArgs e) +107
  26.    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEven  t(String eventArgument) +178
  27.    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPo  stBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +31
  28.    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEve  ntHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +32
  29.    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCol  lection postData) +72
  30.    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3840
  31.
  32.
  33.
  34.
  35. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  36. Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.832; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.832

Not very helpful to me unfortunately. Here is the web.config section for SMTP mail:

Code: ( text )
  1. <system.net>
  2.     <mailSettings>
  3.       <smtp from="myadmin@account.com" deliveryMethod="Network">
  4.         <network host="mail.account.com" port="587" defaultCredentials="false" password="myadmin" userName="myadmin@account.com" />
  5.       </smtp>
  6.     </mailSettings>
  7.   </system.net>

Tried everything and still fails. I then send a System.Net.Mail.MailMessage in the SendMailError from the .Net control and that worked perfectly using the same settings.

Any ideas?

0
guru_fordy

Ignore this it was my host's MX records that were wrong and so the email login was rejected

0
guru_fordy

send web email from web form error help
Hi, When send email with attachment from web form. I got an error message as below. What it is? Can someone help? Server Error in '/dotNet' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The transport lost its connection to the server. Hi There, Please check the following link The transport failed to connect to the server Hope this helps Sunny NAGIProper Preparation Prevents Poor PerformanceDont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you....

Sending an Email message from a web form
I used pretty typical code copied from an example: Dim MailMsg As New MailMessageMailMsg.To = "xxx@verizon.net"MailMsg.Subject = TextBoxSubject.TextMailMsg.Body = TextBoxMessageText.TextMailMsg.From = TextBoxAddr.TextSmtpMail.SmtpServer = "localhost"SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "outgoing.verizon.net"SmtpMail.Send(MailMsg)I am on a home PC, with DSL provider Verizon.  Outlook is working for me to send/receive mail.When i tried SmtpMail.SmtpServer= "localhost", i got the following exception:The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server response was: 550 5.7.1 Unable to ...

CDO.Message fails to send email with no errors
I have had the same information form on my site for 2 years and it has always worked fine but suddenly I do not receive emails anymore.  There are no errors and the rest of the form works fine.  Once the user fills out the form it shows them a presentation.  That still works.  I thought maybe my email address was getting blocked due to spam but I tried various other email addresses, even those with different hosts, still no emails get sent.  My website is hosted by Network Solutions.  I called them and asked them if they updated their servers or made any other c...

Sending email from web form ( need help).
Hi All,  I have writen this simple code to be able to send simple emails using the smtp server of gmail. but it does not work and it does not give any error. here is my code ;:protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) {  System.Net.Mail.MailMessage message = new System.Net.Mail.MailMessage(); message.To.Add("xxxxxx@gmail.com");message.Subject = "Testing"; message.From = new System.Net.Mail.MailAddress("xxxxxxx@gmail.com");message.Body = "Testing";  System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient smtp = new System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient(...

Send email error from my web form question
I keep getting this fatal error when I try to send email from my web form internally.  For some reason, when I set the (to) address to a valid email address that is external it works, but when I try sending a valid email internally it will not work.  I even broke the mail function down to the bare minimum to send a sample email.  I even hard coded the addresses right in the (to) and (from) fields.  No matter what I try, it produces the same results.  If I change the (to) email address to anything external, it will work perfectl...

need some help in error message: Parser Error Message: The server block is not well formed.
Hi there!I am a little bit new to asp.net.On my local computer everything works just fine, but on my site I get the following error message:Server Error in '/' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: The server block is not well formed. Source Error: ...

Error message: sending of message failed
Hi all.. WHen I try to send email, I get the following message? Sending of message failed. Error writing temporary file. This is my first time trying to send messages. I have windows vista home basic edition. Can you please help me? Yours truly Casper. Casper said the following On 03/01/2008 10:28 AM: > Hi all.. > > WHen I try to send email, I get the following message? > > Sending of message failed. > Error writing temporary file. > > This is my first time trying to send messages. > I have windows vista home basic edition. > &g...

Sending Email with Net.Mail (No Email, no error)
hi,i'm using the system.net.Mail namespace to send an email from my application. when i send, the application does not fire any exception, neither does it send the email to my account.below is the code i'm using  Dim mmailMessage As New Net.Mail.MailMessage Dim mFrom As New Net.Mail.MailAddress(mailFrom) mmailMessage.From = mFrom Dim ll As String = "myname@ourmail.com" mmailMessage.To.Add(ll) mmailMessage.Subject = "Talk Concerns" mmailMessage.Body = "Testing Concerns One Two" Dim ...

Message: MSI log returned non-zero error code 1603 (installation of Web Service fails)
I'm almost finished with the installation of the MPS Web Services but I get this error: Message: MSI log returned non-zero error code 1603 (installation of Web Service fails) The installation of the ConsumerWeb Service and Resource Manager Web Client goes allright, what can be the problem? On the DC, the following error is reported: "The identity of application pool, 'MPFClientAcctPool' is invalid.  If it remains invalid when the first request for the application pool is processed, the application pool will be disabled.  The data field contains the error number.". D...

Sending Email from web page-send.objmm error
when icomile the code th folowing error come .I have downloaded the code from http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/080801-1.shtml .and run it but it give me followin error . ****************************************************** The "SendUsing" configuration value is invalid. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The "SendUsing" configuration value is in...

Submitting Web forms fields to sql database by clicking on SUBMIT FORM and sending the form fields to email box
I have a created or designed a form to be stored in a SQL database table and at the same time when a user clicks on SUBMIT button the form fields will automatically goto the visitor email address immediately. Also i have created a database with tables for each of this forms Pls help i have over 10 forms designed but the problem of submitting them to the table database and the user email address is the challenge now.... You ned to familiarise yourself with the basics of database access in ASP.NET.  There are free tutuorials here: http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/da...

Help on Error message: "An error occurred while try to load the string resources (GetModuleHandle failed with error "
Hi I have compiled my project in VS.NET (ASP.NET web application in C#) without any build errors. This was in the process of establishing a local setup using the files from the deployed server. Now after copying all the relevant files and compiling them, when I try to browse from IIS (inetmgr) with an appropriate start page (Login.aspx), I get the following error message: An error occurred while try to load the string resources (GetModuleHandle failed with error -2147023888). Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please revie...

Sharepoint help! Error msg : "A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Web Part Page cannot be displayed or imported because it is not registered on this site as safe"
hihi, I have set up a testing virtual server on my local machine. I installed win server 2003, wss 2.0, sql server 2000, and visual studio .net 2003. i tried to create a project in C# but when i build it and import the web part (.dwp) into the page, there is this error msg "A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Web Part Page cannot be displayed or imported because it is not registered on this site as safe"  I seached most of the sites and they informed that the problem lies in the safe control in web.config i enter the safe control in web.config but i does not know where to put ...

Error While Uploading image to my Web Folder Vie Web Form, Please Help
Hi i am getting this error when i am trying to upload image to my website folder, its showing this error System.IO.FileNotFoundException: F:\gotnet\ASP_NET Full Article Listing Creating Dynamic Data Entry User Interfaces_files\arrowLTR.gif at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement) at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename) at Af.AfnanSchool.InsertVB.Connection.SaveImage(String FileName, DateTime JoinDate, String StrPath) and also my asp.net validation is not working, but it was working fine on my local pc, please help thanks in advan...

Web resources about - CreateUserWizard fails to send email with a great non-helpful error message - asp.net.web-forms

Hands on with ASP.Net Membership, SQL Express and Server 2008
Is it worth using the built-in membership framework in your ASP.Net application, or should you roll your own? I've been trying it out recently, ...

ASP.NET 4 and Visual Studio 2010 Web Development Overview : The Official Microsoft ASP.NET Site
This document provides an overview of many of the new features for ASP.NET that are included in the.NET Framework 4 and in Visual Studio 2010. ...