Create Excel file from asp.net use of excel object, download excel from client

Hi,

Im creating excel using of excel object, but there a problem.

I download excel file from client, but excel generate and show on the server.

                GC.Collect()                Dim excelApp As New Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.ApplicationClass()                Dim objExcel As ApplicationClass                objExcel = New ApplicationClass()                 Dim xlWorkBook As Workbook                Dim xlWorkSheet As Worksheet                xlWorkBook = New Application().Workbooks.Add(Missing.Value)                xlWorkBook.ReadOnlyRecommended = False                 Dim oMissing As Object = System.Reflection.Missing.Value                excelApp.Visible = False                 excelApp.Workbooks.Add(oMissing)                 xlWorkSheet = xlWorkBook.ActiveSheet                xlWorkSheet = xlWorkBook.Worksheets("Sheet1")

                xlWorkBook.Application.Visible = True

xlWorkSheet.Cells(1, 1) = "FirstName"                xlWorkSheet.Cells(1, 2) = "LastName"                xlWorkSheet.Cells(1, 3) = "EmailAddress"                xlWorkSheet.Cells(1, 4) = "TelephoneNo"                xlWorkSheet.Cells(1, 5) = "Option1"                xlWorkSheet.Cells(1, 6) = "Option2"                xlWorkSheet.Cells(1, 7) = "Option3"                xlWorkSheet.Cells(1, 8) = "Option4"                xlWorkSheet.Cells(1, 9) = "Option5"                xlWorkSheet.Cells(1, 10) = "Password"                  xlWorkSheet.Range("$A1:$J1").Font.Bold = True

Thanks,

Anshuman

0
anshuniitian1984

I'm not 100% clear on what you want to do. As you point out, if you make the application visible, it will be visible on the server, not on the client. I presume you want the client to be able to download the file you have created? If this is the case, then you could save the file to a temporary location, and then use the Response.TransmitFile method to write the file contents to the response stream.

However, using this method, you would also need to implement some code for cleaning up the temporary files generated by the server periodically.

My Blog
0
booler

How to Create .mdb file from Excel file using C#.net
Hi all I want to create .mdb file that i have created excel feel from MS jet Database... through code behind Help me in this..  Regards RaviPlease click "mark as answer" if this post helped you. How to create an mdb file programmtically:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317881How to import Excel data into it: http://www.mikesdotnetting.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=79 Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site...

Export data from web form to excel -- using client's excel app
I am currently trying to figure out if there is any way to export data to the client's excel app. I do not want to use the web server's excel application as it is cutting into the site's performance. Is there any way to use something similar to the what is included below (ExportComponent.vb), but to use the client's excel app? Imports System.Drawing.Color Public Class ExportComponent Inherits System.ComponentModel.Component Public Shared Sub DataToExcel(ByVal dgData As DataGrid, ByVal response As HttpResponse) response.Clear() response.Charse...

Using OWC to create an interactive excel with graogh in web page and export to excel file?
I am able to create interactive graphs and excel raw data in web page Using OWC . I can export the raw data in excel . The limitation I found to export the chart along with the raw data in same  to excel file in same work sheet or different work sheet as interactive. ie After export to excel file when you change the raw data in excel file , graph needs to be chnaged. It would be great help for me getting some responses to know is it possible Using OWC . Thanks in advance  ...

Aspose.Excel.Web 1.0 Released!
Aspose.Excel.Web 1.0 Released! Version 1.0 Released on March 10 2005 ...

Excel download and upload the downloaded excel feature issue in .Net 2.0
Hi, I have a .Net application (C#) which has excel download and upload feature.I have to implement downloading the excel and uploading the same excel in the SQL Server 2005 database. If anybody has worked on that feature, kindly guide me how to implement those features. When I try to upload a template with some values populated, it is getting populated in the database successfully. But when I try to download the excel through application and upload it, I could not open the connection. Getting "External table is not in the expected format" message. My connection string is ...

Reading Excel Files from a .Net Web Form
Hi, This might be a dumb question, but ... When reading an Excel file from a .Net Web Form, is it necessary to have Microsoft Excel actually installed on the client machine running the web form? Also, do the Excel files being read need to be saved as "values only" or can the values be extracted from a spreadsheet where the cells contain formulas? Thanks. -Wayne Hi, For the 1st part, Office is not necessary to be installed. But Download the Office XP PIAs and use them to develop Office XP solutions with Visual Studio .NET. For 2nd Part I think you need to use Values.Regar...

Creating an Excel file using VB.Net
Just after some help to create an Excel file using VB.Net please. I've had a bit of a hunt around but can't find an exact example of code that I'm after. I'm new to .Net and VB.Net and wanted to create and save records to an EXCEL file. I can translate from C# if need be. Thanks for any help. Hi Amelia99, welcome to the forums. Which version of Excell do you want to use? The latest version (2003) has xml possibilities and you can download a free SDK at the microsoft site that makes it quite easy to use with vs.net 2003. It makes new project templates and one of them is for ex...

Using excel/automation from a .net web form fails, why?
Hi all - From my codebehind I'm attempting to write the contents of a DataSet to Excel. However, it appears that I cannot start Excel from my codebehind to accomplish this. Doing so causes the following error: Cannot execute a program. The command being executed was "c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\csc.exe" /noconfig @"C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\webservice_icspos_consumer\bd8c4cb9\af1c8054\s33rwgwf.cmdline". I've referenced Microsoft Excel 10.0 Object Library which also brings in - Microsoft Office 10.0 Obje...

Need tutorial on creating Excel File using VB.NET
I am trying to create a pipe "|" delimited excel file from my VB.NET application. I did a search and didn't find anything very useful. I will create the pipe delimited text string in code. I just need to write each text string into a different row in a spreadsheet. Then create the .xls file. I have done this previously with a .txt file, but from what I have read this is different when creating a .xls file. Does anyone have any good tutorials for this? Thanks.Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a po...

ADO.Net for Excel files
I wrote a windows form application in C# that uses ADO.Net to read from an Excel file. I receive xls files but have to manually save them as xlsx files because I can't get the program to read xls files (I get "External table is not in the expected format"). As an aside, for broadest .net compatibility, I set each of the Projects (which create assemblies/dlls) for the application to .net framework 2.0. I have 2 questions: 1. How can I get my program to read xls files when Excel 2007 is installed? 2. How can I support environments where Excel 2002 and Excel 2003 are installe...

Garbage text in downloaded Excel file created off Aspx.net site.
Hi all! We have an SQL database running on SQL Server 2005 from which we allow website visiters to download data in an Excel spreadsheet format.  However, certain European characters end up as garbage text in the resulting Excel file.   For example, the words  “Dräxlmaier Automotive” display correctly in the Database and Dataset but in the Excel file display incorrectly as “Dräxlmaier Automotive”. Here is what our programmers are doing:   1.      Fetch the records based on a Query 2.      Create a Dataset 3....

To select excel sheet in a excel work book using VB.NET
Hi, i would like to fetch the data from different sheets in an Excel workbook. Can anyone give me an idea and the code to do so using  VB.NET.   Looking forward to an early reply..  Thanks,Sravan Kumar. hi, try this "select * from sheet1" -- get data from sheet 1 "select * from sheet2" -- get data from sheet 2"Mark as Answer" -- on the post that helps youRKChaudary...

Excel experts : Filling an complex Excel file and parsing a complex Excel file
I am stuck with below mentioned problem The requirement is that, we have Excel file template(.xls) which has Macros and most of the Worksheets are either hidden OR locked. When the end user clicks on a button to download it, follows modifications has to be done to the Excel sheet. Unlock the Excel worksheet, fill some data at certain cells and then lock it back Write some data into a hidden worksheet There are two options as far as I know Excel Interop/MICROSOFT Excel 11.0 Object Library  OLEDB Driver I cannot go with option 1 becaus...

How to Create an Excel File from VB.Net
VWD 2008 Express.  Visual Basic. Is it possible to build an Excel workbook from VB code behind an aspx page.  What do I need to do?  Can anyone provide a code sample?  Thanks.Dr. Douglas PruiettGood News Jail & Prison Ministrywww.goodnewsjail.org Not knowing your exact needs, this code sample from ASPNet101.com shows how to export from a Gridview to an Excel file http://www.aspnet101.com/aspnet101/aspnet/codesample.aspx?code=gvExportExcelDavid WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!Contro...

Web resources about - Create Excel file from asp.net use of excel object, download excel from client - asp.net.web-forms

Download to Donate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Download to Donate is a program by Music for Relief , a non-profit organization established by Linkin Park in 2005 to help victims of natural ...

Dropify Download 2.0 Simplifies Uploading Content To Facebook, Downloading, Sharing
Dropify launched in January, integrating with Facebook’s Open Graph and allowing users to make files available for download via the social network, ...

Download the Facebook IQ digital magazine - Facebook for Business
The Facebook IQ digital magazine puts all the insights, best practices and key stats in one place. Download it on your mobile and read it anywhere. ...

Downloads
Download previous versions of the Facebook for iOS SDK.

CrowdMob’s Mafia Location Game Harnesses Facebook Places to Drive Downloads
Even though Facebook likely has around 700 million users now, it actually isn’t often that we hear the social network is a major driver for user ...

Lifehacker, tips and downloads for getting things done
Lifehacker curates tips, tricks, and technology for living better in the digital age.

Technology Product Reviews, News, Prices & Downloads - PCMag.com - PC Magazine
PC Magazine is your complete guide to PC computers, peripherals and upgrades. We test and review computer- and Internet-related products and ...

Indie Music News, MP3 Downloads, Music Videos, Reviews - Stereogum
MP3s downloads, music videos, concert reviews, tour dates and contests. Updated regularly.

RN Download ThisShow (@RNDownload) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here RN Download ThisShow @ RNDownload ...

Feature Request: iCloud Photo Library needs a purge downloads button à la Google Photos
... and iPads that otherwise couldn’t fit that much content. Thumbnail previews are available at all times, and full resolution versions download ...