Convert a string amount to a float with 2 decimal places in asp.net using c#?

Hi,

I have an input amount text box and want to convert this string amount say "12345" or "12345.00" to a float amount 12345.00.

Any suggestion in asp.net using c#?

0
joeLA

use Decimal.TryParse

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/9zbda557.aspx

Mike Banavige
~~~~~~~~~~~~
mbanavige
12/16/2008 2:38:43 AM

Hi joeLA,

Please try to do this:

        decimal number;
        Decimal.TryParse("5.226", out number);
        Response.Write(Decimal.Round(number,2));

Gary yang - MSFT
Microsoft Online Community Support

Gary
12/17/2008 5:19:27 AM

Float a=23;

Textnumber.Text= String.Format("{0:0.00}",a ));

if any problem then reply me

shames
web developer
Techwave.com
0
shamestabrez

C#.NET WEB APPLICATION

Convert VB.Net to C# with C-Sharpener For VB 2.2
C-Sharpener For VB automatically converts VB.Net projects to C# projects through a Visual Studio Add-in. It has a simple to use Wizard interface and typically converts 99%+ of the VB.Net code. You can download a free trial version.We have just released version 2.2 which increases the trial size limit from 500 to 1000 lines of code. We have also improved handling of manifest files, long project paths, Visual Studio 2005 installation, and more.You can find out more athttp://www.elegancetech.com/csvb.aspxRoger JackPresidentElegance Technologies, Inc....

Why Visual Studio 2005 ask me to convert a solution already got converted Somebody did the conversion of a solution from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 by using the automatic conversion wizard of Visual Stu
Why Visual Studio 2005 ask me to convert a solution already got converted Somebody did the conversion of a solution from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 by using the automatic conversion wizard of Visual Studio 2005. Then, he changed to another company. Now, I take over his job. Unfortunately, when I attempted to open that solution, Visual Studio 2005 prompted me the conversion wizard again to forced me to perform a conversion on the solution. Does someone know why?--Harish Patel www.MicrosoftSQLandASP.netpatelharish@gmail.com Hi, How many projects are in the solution, does it have UNLOADE...

Why do i loose all styles when i convert form .net 2.0 to .net 3.5 ?
Hi i converted my application form vs05 (.net2.0 ) to vs08 (.net3.5) and my styles and colors have all gone . for example i hada colors on my page and all of a sudden when i view the page in vs08 the colors arent there . But the .css file is stil part of my solution and when i look at the markup the control still references the class in the css. its as if it's ignoring that class . (is the markup language style overriding the css class) any ideas as to why this may be happening ? thanks robby Hard to say without seeng how are you applying the stylesheet. Can you post markup here?T...

Convert Viedo to .Flv Using c#.net on Web.
The method to convert video to .flv is too easy. You can downlaod following files from .net1)ffmpeg.exe2) ffplay.exe3) pthreadGC2.dllAfter dowloading all the filesFollow the steps wrtitren:-1)Make a new .net web site or windows application.2)Copy and paste all the 3 above written files to root location3)Copy and Paste code written below4)Put an upload to page and rename to “ fileuploadImageVideo”5)put and button and rename to  btn_Submit6)Make 3 folders  OriginalVideo, ConvertVideo, Thumbs7)Import Class “using System.IO;”        private bool ReturnVide...

concatinating the 2 strings using substring in c#.net 2003
Hello all I want to concatinate the string as follows: C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\UNWISE.EXE /U C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\INSTALL.LOG The above is the string which is getting from the registry key "Uninstall\\Yahoo Messenger" Now, after first string I am concatinating the silent switches. after concatinating the silent switches I again want to concatinate the second string. Means I am getting the first string upto Unwise.exe using the substring.Then I am concatinating the silent switches and after that I again want to concatinate the second string using again s...

C#.NET in VS.NET vs. C# in Web Matrix
Hi all, I am very new to .NET ... I realized C#.NET is only available from Visual Studio.NET ... however, I realized Web Matrix also allowed us to choose C# as language but not C#.NET ... they are not the same, right? If not, then why it's in Web Matrix which runs ASP.NET?? If I need to run C#.Net, I MUST GET VS.NET, right? Can C#.NET has the abality to create chat program? Thank you very much. C#.NET and C# are the same thing. JimMS MVP ASP.NET [VC++/MFC emeritus]Old Dog Learns New TricksPreferred programming language: cuneiform on clay tablets So ... that means I can use web matrix t...

Web resources about - Convert a string amount to a float with 2 decimal places in asp.net using c#? - asp.net.web-forms

Today’s apps gone free: BlockBear, Stock Grader, PDF Smart Convert and more
Block ads and other annoying content, take the emotion out of investing, and convert almost anything into a PDF with todays collection of apps ...

How to convert your old VHS tapes to DVD with this software
Remember those old VHS tapes you have sitting in the corner? Convert them into DVDs with this affordable software so you can easily watch them ...