Compressing Folders In VB.NET Web App

Hi

Im just wondering if anyone has an example of folder compression in VB.NET?
Ive searched the web for this an have only come across C# examples for zipping files.
If anyone has a link it would be very nuch appreciated!
Thanks in advance
jewly: )
0
Jewly

Take a look @ Xceed Zip for .NET 1-developer

HTH

K B Shajudeen
AreYaar.com
Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
0
Shaji

Run Vb.net Web app using Web Harpoon
Does anyone know what Begin Tag and End Tag to use to run a VB.Net web App in Web Harpoon? We are experiencing errors trying to run the app. Error --> The state information is invalid for this page and might be corrupted Thanks,   Erik...

convert java web app 2 .NET web app
Hi, i am able to convert java console app to .NET console app.but i am unable to convert java web based application to .NET web based application. can u give me some idea as to how to convert that. Thanks in advance,nizam. I believe the technical phrase is.. rtfm?  lol.  you're going to have to do it the hard way.  JSP operates on a different theory of web development than asp.net/asp.net 2.0Kay LeeMySpace.com - http://www.myspace.com/kragieInfrastructure GroupMySpace.com- Code to live, but Live to code. Try these two links for sample code and free book from Microsoft, ...

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

I have a web site in vb.net 2003 that I what to convert to vb.net 2005. I open my web site in the visual studio 2005 by Local IIS option. I follow the steps of the visual studio conversion wizard.In the conversion report I received the following warning 'Referencepath' settings have not been converted.  Can anyone tell what I have to do to make this warning disappear? Best regards,Sérgio 'Referencepath'  is a property you can set with with VS2003 project file, sothat when ever you to do Add reference this path is serached for class libraries.  We do not  have that ...

VB.NET Data Grid, windows app to web app
Is it possible to make a Web Application Data Grid element with identical functionality as a Windows Application Data Grid? When I run the code as a windows application, it allows me to make direct edits of each database record through the data grid. When I run the code through a browser, however, it only displays the records. This is the code:Any suggestions? Inherits System.Web.UI.Page Dim connstr As String = "data source=SERVER;initial catalog=DB;user id=USER;password=PASSWORD;" Dim sqlStr As String = "SELECT * FROM Users" Dim dt As New DataTable Private Sub btnLoad_Click(B...

Both C# ASPX pages and VB.NET ASPX in single VB.NET Web Applcation Template
Hi.. Is it possible to have both c# pages and VB pages in same Webapplication, what i chose is VB.NET Web application Template. With Thanks, Jaya.... I don't see why you couldn't, but for the sake of consistency I don't know why you would want to do this. When you choose a C# or VB.NET application template(I'm assuming you're using VS or WebMatrix), it simply creates a .aspx file that includes a page directive that specifies the page language. If you created a C# template but want to use VB.Net instead, you need to go from: <%@ Page Language="C#" .... to...

.Net Web Form & Web Service Deployment

Convert VB.Net Web Site to Web Application Project
 I am working with Visual Studio Pro SP1 and had some problems converting an old VB.Net web site into a VB.Net Web Application Project.  I followed the advice offered here ( http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration2/Migration2.aspx ), but ran into a few kinks when using the process on a VB project.  The Problem:After creating a new Web Application Project, copying in the old files, and running the "Convert to Web Application Project" process, the site would no longer build.  Any classes stored in the "Old_App_Code" folder (previously named...

how to convert vb.net website to csharp.net web site
Can we convert a website(VB.NET) to csharp.net website in VS2005???mahmood Why do you want to convert VB into C#? you can create new modules for the site in C#, and they can co-exist in the same system. If you have some specific requirements, then use online tools to convert vb.net into c# to convert the codebehind files. Most probably the .aspx file will remain unchanged, but you might need to make some changes here and there.You will get lots of converters online by just googling it. I would strongly recommend avoiding converting codes, as I have faced the horrors of the process. Pr...

Convert VB.Net Web Site to Web Application Project
I am working with Visual Studio Pro SP1 and had some problems converting an old VB.Net web site into a VB.Net Web Application Project.  I followed the advice offered here ( http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration2/Migration2.aspx ), but ran into a...

Web resources about - Compressing Folders In VB.NET Web App - asp.net.web-forms

Facebook Acquires Cellular Data-Compressing iOS App Onavo
Facebook has just made an interesting acquisition.

The Enduring Challenge of Compressing Random Data
Not all files are compressible. The challenges are figuring out how small you can possibly make random data and how simple the algorithm can ...

Compressing Containers Squeeze the Air Out of Your Stored Food
Anyone who's squeezed every last molecule of air out of a Ziploc bag full of leftovers knows that food lasts longer that way. But instead of ...

Patent US4464650 - Apparatus and method for compressing data signals and restoring the ... - Google Patents ...
A compressor parses the input data stream into segments where each segment comprises a prefix and the next symbol in the data stream following ...

A NASA Time-Lapse Video Compressing Five Years of the Sun’s Rotation Into Less Than Three Minutes
NASA ‘s heliophysics division recently celebrated the five-year anniversary of the Solar Dynamics Observatory with a time-lapse video that compresses ...

Opera Max makes mobile data go further by compressing all your Android app data usage
The makers of the Opera web browser have been offering optional data compression for almost a decade. Enable compression and Opera will use remote ...

Compressing the Unread
Technology, culture, media, and randomness.

With Binge On, T-Mobile Is Compressing Its Competitors
T-Mobile's new "free" video plan is a sneaky way to optimize its network and devalue Verizon's strategies.

Not just blowing in the wind: Compressing air for renewable energy storage
A comprehensive study into the potential for compressed air energy storage in the Pacific Northwest has identified two locations in Washington ...

The curse of compressing reality
When I’m not analyzing data, I like to make things from wood—furniture, cutting boards, etc. Making something physical after sitting at a computer ...