Client side Values to Server values

Hi all,

I'm using Visual Studio 2005 and C#.Net

 I have one big security problem. I have one web page for user login. When user click in button "Login" i run some functions of javascript for detect pki credentials and i write the credentials in some textboxes.

When the login process end, the user must click in another button for redirect the application to another page. I want pass the login credentials to target page, but i can´t use querystrings in url because is not secure ans i don´t want use cookies because some users have disableded cookies. I want pass the values by Session strings like:

 Session["string1"] = TextBox1.text;

The problem is, when i click the button for redirect to another page, the page do postback and the values that i put in textboxes by javascript desapears because they are client side values.

How i can pass client side values to server side values to work with them in session strings?

Thanks a lot.

Daniel

Daniel Rodrigues
0
Dani_10

How you are trying to read the values in the page?

Try

string _txtValue1 =  Request.Form["textboxname"];

Thanks

Mark post(s) as "Answer" that helped you

Electronic Screw
Website||Blog||Dub@i.net
0
e_screw

How can I set client side values as server side values?
Hi, Can anyone tell me how I can get client side values such as document.referrer, navigator.appName etc... into server side scripts? There are some client side values I'd like to set as session vars and insert into the db? How do I go about this? Thanks for any pointers Davlon PS (I'm using powersite 7.1.0.300) Pass them as page parameters, e.g., http://myserver/myurl?document.referrer=whatever&navigator.appName=yadayada Then, in your server-side script, just loop through the document.value array and get these values. -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kie...

Issue obtaining values in server-side from dropdownlist when updating value using client-side script in master page
HiI got a page in a contentplaceholder of a master page. There is two pulldowns. I populate the first one using server side coding and then use client-side javascript. So far so good. The issue is that upon a postback I try to collect the select value of the second pulldown and there is no data in the pulldown and no selected item. I tried using control.selectedvalue (nothing) or searching the form controls Stringvariable = oForm.FindControl("Control")Thing is I've done this before in 1.1 outside of a master page and it works.Thanks in ad...

Accessing values on the server for controls whose values were changed client-side
Let's say that I have two server controls, a label and a textbox: <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text="Old value"></asp:Label> <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server" Text="Old value"></asp:TextBox> Then I run some client-side code that changes their values: document.getElementById('Label1').innerHTML = 'New value'; document.getElementById('TextBox1').value = 'New value'; In the browser, they both visually have the value "New value".  Howev...

Client-side values to server-side ?
Hi! My previous query is attached below: I have implemented the below mentioned implementation . 'listbox1' on 'webform1' shows all the values from 'webform2'. I have implemented it using javascript. I would like to know that to implement validation on 'webform1', I would require the values of 'listbox1' ,which are on the client-side , to move to the server-side . I think sending a querystring will be fine but how to implement it using javascript and code-behind(C#)? Your suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks and regards, ap.       My previous query: " I am stuck wi...

Client Side values to Server Side
What is the best way to transfer Client Side values to the Server side? For example I have a variable "var1" in javascript. var1 = "sample"; How can I acquire this value in the server side?  What is the best approach for this?  Barry to send the value to the server during a postback, you need to place the value in an input control.  You could consider using a hidden textbox for that purpose.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ In the JavaScrip...

How to pass the client side values to server side?
 hello to All,Actually i wanna implement a code like... a string in HTML textbox retrieve in server side control....suppose i hv a HTML control <input type="text" id="txtHTML"/>, and dis control  txtHTML.text="abc".now i want to retrieve dis client side string "abc" in d server side textbox named "txtASP"...which hs a property runat="server"so please give me an idea how to pass values from client side to server side.... hope u understand a problem... sam.  You could do this <input type="text"...

How to pass values from client side to server side
Hi, Is there a way to transfer variable from a client loop to a server loop. For example: var clitest = 'test'; Now I would like to get test variable from javascript into a server string variable <% sertest = ?? %> I understand that this can be done by storing a variable into a hidden control for example and than access it using server side, but when I have to transfer an array for example it get's a little more complicated. I was wondering is there more efficient approach? You can't transfer arrays, only strings. To workaround this problem pass delimited stri...

Problem passing value client-side to server-side
I have a page that calls a pop-up while passing an encrypted value via a query string. The value is encrypted on the parent client-side in javascript so it needs to be decrypted client-side as well. This decryption occurs on closing the child (popup) and I am at a loss of when and how I should get this value to the server-side. On the popup you just want to process server side code? Anytime you can access for example the raw url:string raw = Page.Request.RawUrl;If you need to access any values on the client side you can access the url using javascript. Another idea is to, on the code beh...

Check values in client side then go to server side
Hi, I am developing an application that allows users to update their personal informations. I want to check if mandotary fields are empty or not in client side with a java script when the user press the update button. If all mandotary fields are full(that will be decided with a java script), then server side function which updates the related database table will be run. How can I do this... I don't want to check mandotary fields in server side. I am sure, there should be an easy way. How ... ? Thanks. Sure... use a custom validator and name your javascript function to run. Inside...

passing client side variable value to server side
 i have a grid and  by click on the rows, the onrowclick event is fired on client side. I want to pass the row index to the server side. As there are not sessions variables in javascript so i am stuck to pass the row to the server side.. I have made a texbox and set its valueto the index in the onrowclick event but when refresh calls, the text box became empty as the value set is on client side, i want page to persistthe value,  How can i do that? Tel me some way passing the row index to the server side?? Hi, You can call GridView_SelectedIndexChanging event on row click ev...

How to get the Client side values in server side code.
Hi all, i have a proble i need to get the client side javascript values in C# code at server side. how can i pass those values? i am using version 1.1, i kno thatwe can use callback events mechnisam in 2.0 or ajax ,apart from that how we can pass? My problem is i need to stop the execution of the code based on after reciving values from the client   any ideas please???   Million thanks RamCheersRam MCP Hello Ram, a common approach is from javascript set an hidden field, then issue a postback. On the server-side, handle the post-back. Feel free to go deeper in your que...

how to pass values from client side to server side #2
Hi Guys....               This is Aani....I'm using ASP.NET in C# language.i have created one webpage for get input from user(from java script inputbox).i want that entered data in server side operations.how can i pass that value from client side server side.i need proper code in C# language.reply me soon... Thanks is Advanced... Regards....Aani plz use hidden field.ur assing values to text boxes through java script. before post back call a java scipt function to assign value to hodden fieed. even u can add these ...

Is there any possible way that forms authentication can work on a web farm w/o each servers machine key values being set to the same thing?i have a site that is on a web farm and the servers dont have
 Is there any possible way that forms authentication can work on a web farm w/o each servers machine key values being set to the same thing?i have a site that is on a web farm and the servers dont have the machine keys set......but the forms authentication works fine. "Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live" -D. Thompson // f bush. ----------- "No man succeeds without a good woman behind him. Wife or mother, if it is both, he is twice blessed indeed." -Harold MacMillan A couple of things spring to mind. 1. Some form of "st...

How to take value from client side control from server side code?
Hi all, I would like to know that, how to access client side control in server side code? Here is an example.. I am having the textBox in client side like <input type="text" id="textBoxUsername" name="textBoxUsername"/> I need to take the value from this textBox in button click event which is server side code. private void buttonShow(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { //I need to access this textBox here. } How to do that? Thanks R. eswaran. hi you need to make it run at server. <input type="text" id="textBoxUsername"...

Web resources about - Client side Values to Server values - asp.net.web-forms

MUD client - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A MUD client is a computer application used to connect to a MUD , a type of multiplayer online game . Generally, a MUD client is a very basic ...

3Q Digital Offers Peek At 3Q Facebook Ad Performance By Its Largest Clients
With Facebook set to report its third-quarter earnings Wednesday , digital marketing agency 3Q Digital offered some insight on how the social ...

Gallop Labs hires former Facebook Client Partner as Director of Sales
Gallop Labs , a social marketing and analytics firm, announced that it has hired former Facebook Client Partner Andrew Peebles as the company’s ...

Sydney builder Bill Issa convicted of attacking clients who complained about his work
... to fix up rundown family homes and transform them into something flashy and new. "It will feel like a new home," he promised one client. "It ...

Client’s “Great Thanksgiving Listen” Campaign Featured on Google Homepage
We love when our clients are successful, and StoryCorps and their amazing Thanksgiving Listen campaign being featured on Google’s homepage certainly ...

In Search Of Client Portals: Rocket Matter
Technology columnist Sean Doherty continues his search for client portals in practice management software-as-a-service offerings, this time checking ...

Huge Creates New Global CMO, Client Services Roles
... Managing Directors Patricia Korth-McDonnell and Eric Moore into the newly created global roles of chief marketing officer and president-client ...

Dropbox is shutting down Mailbox, the popular email client
Dropbox acquired Mailbox, the extremely popular email client, way back in 2013, and unfortunately it's now time to say goodbye. That's right, ...

Guggenheim Securities' clients - Business Insider Deutschland
The 16-year-old firm has been an adviser on 5 massive transactions in what has been one of the busiest years for mergers and acquisitions on ...

IDG Contributor Network: Sacre bleu! Visibility in the attorney/client relationship. Whatever has Viewabill ...
... has been trying to deliver some clarity in terms of those bills. It is a simple enough system Viewabill delivers a platform that lets clients ...