Client Side validation of Calendar control prior to server side selectionchanged event code

Hello,

Any thoughts or suggestions regarding this will be greatly appreciated.
I have a Calendar control with the validation constraint(can't enter appointments on Holidays or on Thursdays). To create a smoother experience, I'd like for this to be done client side.
The dillema is how can I intercept or precede the <asp:calendar> controls selectionchanged event from firing and run my client javascript; passing it to the server if validation succeeds for more intensive processing and database activity.
The clientside javascript will need the selected date to determine if its a valid date.
Thanks again,
David S.
2
djsdavid

validation, is it better to have client side or use server side validator controls
 Hi All. I want to do validation on text boxes etc. Is it better to do client side validation or just use the server side validation controls?   Hi!  If for server side controls you mean RequiredFieldValidator, CompareValidator, RegularExpressionValidator, etc.. i can tell you that they use client and server validation. For instance if you use a RequiredFieldValidator, on the client will be a validation, but on the server this condition will be evaluated again. Probably one of the objetives of this is deal with client with javascript disabled. Of course I ...

How to Pass Information from Server-Side Code to Client-Side Code in AJAX Control Extender?
Hi All,For some reason I can't get the following to work: I have a custom AJAX Control Extender with a few getters and setters. I also have some images I want to use with the extender saved in a resource file. How to I make the respective image URLs available to the javascript of the extender? Are there any examples available?Thanks![Update: renamed the subject to something more appropriate.]  Perhaps I can clarify a bit:I have set up a getter and setter to set the image URL from the resource file: 1 [ExtenderControlProperty] 2 public string CoverURL 3 { 4 get...

form double validation- server side and client side
Hi! I would like to make a server side validation after calling a js function that makes the client-side validation. I do not understand couple of things: 1. Do i need a server side button or  a simple HTML submit button in order to call both of the tests? 2. How do i call a server side function which is written in csharp  after i finish my JS validation (the submit  button is calling the JS function for validation first.)- is it possible to call it directly from a js function? 3. I know that my toolbox on asp.net  contains validation controls who probably are b...

Server Side control invoking a Client Side event
I need to figure out how to get a server side control to process the "OnMouseOver" event. Since server side controls do not have the onmouseover event associated with them, how would you make for example, a DropDownList have a "OnMouseOver" event associate with it? The DropDownList must be server side. I guess the idea here is to set client-side events on the server-side control. Any help will be appreciated. You may try something like this: In server side code DDL1.Attributes.Add("onmouseover", "javascript:alert('Hi')") Th...

Calling a client side control event from a server side function
I would like to know how to raise an event on a client side only control from a server side function.   For example, I have Button1 whose onclick is handled at the server. The logic behind the function will do 1 of 2 things, change the text of a label to indicate a problem or navigate to a new page.  I cannot use redirect because i need the new page to appear inside 2 of 3 existing frames.  I can manage this using an anchor on the client.  All I need to do is automatically click the anchor after I post back from the Button1.click event.I tried the following line of c...

How to take value from client side control from server side code?
Hi all, I would like to know that, how to access client side control in server side code? Here is an example.. I am having the textBox in client side like <input type="text" id="textBoxUsername" name="textBoxUsername"/> I need to take the value from this textBox in button click event which is server side code. private void buttonShow(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { //I need to access this textBox here. } How to do that? Thanks R. eswaran. hi you need to make it run at server. <input type="text" id="textBoxUsername"...

web forms with client and server side controls??
Hi, I have a form that has client and server side controls. I have a problem in that any client controls (textbox) within the form runat="server" can not be accessed with client side code. Anyone got any ideas why and what work arounds are possible. Regards, Graham. once a form element is inside a <FORM> tag, you can no longer refer to it by its ID alone. you have to refer to it by formname.elementid or document.all.elementid. use document.getElementById(yourtextboxid) to get a ref to the element in the form. using this allows u to bypass the formn...

How to access Client Side control in server side button click event?

Server Side Validation vs Client Side Validation
If your page is using client side validation for required fields, expressions, etc.     What are the benefits or disadvantages of using 'extra' server side validation for max lengths, parsing, etc? Both have their Advantages and Disadvantages... so give this a read http://www.dotnetexpertsforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=172 Regards,Vinz"Code, Beer and Music" that's my way of being a programmer!How to get your Forum Question Answered | Blog | CodeASP.NET hi there, advantage: because you are using javascript some browsers for any reason may not sup...

Combining a server-side control with a client-side control!

client side code & server side code
what is the difference between client side coding & server side coding ? when to use client side & server side code? Client side code runs on the user's browser and includes languages such as javascript and vbscript. Server side code runs on the web server and can be written in languages such as ASP.NET, PHP, ASP, ColdFusion etc. Website Design Darlington - http://mdssolutions.co.ukhttp://lessthandot.com - Experts, Information, Ideas & Knowledgehttp://aspnetlibrary.com - An online resource for professional ASP.NET developersPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer...

client side validation vs server side validation
hello  i see a web form that consists of three controls :textbox,requiredfieldvalidator that weired to the textbox and a button within the click event of the button there is the following: if page.isvalid then response.redirect("Page is valid") else response.redirect("Page is not valid") end if according to my understandings: when the user does not fill anything in the textbox and then clicks the button the the page will not be submitted (i.e no request to the page will be happened or no postback will be happened) then no server event will be happened so it is sure when the us...

Web resources about - Client Side validation of Calendar control prior to server side selectionchanged event code - asp.net.web-forms

Welcome to Surface
Welcome to Surface 2.0

ASP.NET Grid Events
... Grid Events - This example demonstrates the events available into the grid. The gird has following events: 'command', 'dataBound', 'selectionChanged', ...

Tips and tricks for using XAML controls in your universal Windows apps
... Use the Hub.SectionsInViewChanged event to identify SectionsInView. This is a replacement for the 8.0 Panorama.SelectionChanged event and SelectedIndex. ...

Illinois Constitution - Article VII
SECTION 1. MUNICIPALITIES AND UNITS OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT "Municipalities" means cities, villages and incorporatedtowns. "Units of local government" ...

Welcome to Surface
Welcome to Surface 2.0

Welcome to Microsoft PixelSense