Class is not licensed for use

Hi,

I've written a short test to include the MSCOMM32 control to control some lighting.
On the Windows 2000 Pro machine that all my development gear is on, it worked fine.
I have tried to place it on a clean WinXP Pro machine with IIS and the NET Framework and get the error "Class is not Licensed for use".
It highlights the following code as being the problem
Public MSCOMM1 as New MSCommLib.MSComm()
In order to try to fix this, here are some of the things I have tried:
1. I have tried to manually register MSComm using RegSVR32
2. I have installed another VB6 App that uses the same MSComm control and that App works fine, (showing that MSComm is indeed working?), but the Webforms App still does not.
3. I have read about making my own in-process DLL using MSComm and using that inside the .NET application. Tried this, but came up with a further set of problems giving me "access is denied" when I try to use createobject. (I have given IUSR.ASPNET administrator priv to try to fix this but no luck there either...)
4. I installed Visual Studio .NET on the Win XP machine in case I was missing something and even compiled it on that very machine. STILL no luck...
Help!?
I don't seem to be finding .NET very easy to use at all, after coming from VB6...
Matt.
0
MattJW

I'm running into the same issue in my ASP.NET app... I've seen posts on other groups to explain the fix for regular windows forms-> Drag the MSComm control on the the form- then the deployment will work without having to install the control from the VB6 CD nor having to install all of VB6 on the client computer (normal app). However, I haven't found this to work on ASP.NET apps... it doesn't recognize the activeX control as a web forms control (which it isn't) but it won't assign a default class reference so I'm assuming the registration code isn't created as it is on a normal windows app.

*Note- I'm going to check out the code modifications that VB.NET makes on a normal app and try to mimic this in my ASP.NET app...
Hope this helps at all. Help if you can!
Mike
0
magillm
9/30/2003 3:43:42 PM
I've figured this out... finally- I know I'm slow:)

Assuming you have the correct licensing for the control you need to merge the vbctrls.reg into your registry (right click: Merge) then install & register your OCX file w/regsvr32.
*Note: vbctrls.reg is located on the vb6 install CD. under \Common\tools\vb\controls
I hope this helps.
Mike
0
magillm
9/30/2003 9:45:18 PM

Hi Mike,

I am  newbie to vbnet .

As currently facing same error message while installing my application on the client pc.

I have got MSCOMM32.OCX and mscommlib in my application, can u explain more in how to create the merge module file?

Please..

Thanks alot...

Hawkanr

0
hawkanr911

C#.NET WEB APPLICATION

how to add theme for a web page when it's calling form windows application using Web Request class
Hi Everybody, I want to apply theme for a web page when it's calling from windows application using web Request class. Here is the code in windows applicationpublic static string GetPageHTML(string url) {string strHtml = String.Empty; try {Uri uri = new Uri(url); WebRequest resq = WebRequest.CreateDefault(uri);WebResponse resp = null;StreamReader sr; resq.Timeout = 99999999; resq.Credentials = CredentialCache.DefaultNetworkCredentials;resq.PreAuthenticate = false; resp = resq.GetResponse();sr = new StreamReader(resp.GetResponseStream()); strHtml = sr.ReadToEnd(); }catc...

Using custom classes in web forms
Hi Guys, Can somebody instruct me how I can write my own class (e.g. Person) that I can use in my asp.net pages? I have written the class Person.vb and now I believe I have to create a dll file from it, and put it in the bin folder of my web application. I mainly use webmatrix and couldn't find a tool to do this so I fired up VS (which I don't have much experience with) and managed to build person.vb to create a dll. When I attempted to instantiate an object based on this class I got a parser error assembly's manifest definition with name xxx does not match assembly reference! ...

I would like to create Web site where Polish and English pages use the same class but error occured with 'using system' (CS1519: Invalid token 'using' in class, struct, or interface member declaratio
I would like to create Web site where Polish and English pages use the same class. Polish ones use inherits 'pl' and English ones inherits 'en'. I have created these pages but a error occured with 'using system' (CS1519: Invalid token 'using' in class, struct, or interface member declaration). What is wrong? Polish page (/pl/index.aspx): //Definig inherits from the class <%@ Page Language ="C#" codefile="~/App_Data/elements.cs" inherits="pl" %> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.d...

Web Forms with no DLL using VS .NET IDE
Basically, I've been trying to make ASPX web pages with VS .NET and have learned a little of how to not use the DLL that gets created when the project is compiled and use the .VB source files themselves at run-time. I've been experimenting with changing the keyword CodeBehindFile to SRC; removing the project name from Inherits to look directly at the VB class (i.e. MyProject.MyClass to just MyClass.) I've been changing the private routines with in the class to be public. I have had sucess with getting the pages to work with code files. However, I've been having certain problems in .NET I...

using a base class for my web forms and some of the control events ?
Can I have a base class that my web form classes inherit from, and have one or more of the events (eg. button clicks) handled in the base class ?  Yes, although the Events can get tricky. What I would do is create the event, making sure to leave off the HANDLES (if in vb). Then you just have to point your control's event to point to the base one.. Im using C# by the way  So if I understand correctly, I would define a handler for my page button_click event, but then simply call base.button_click ? Also, within the button_click even defined in the base, how can I referen...

Using excel/automation from a .net web form fails, why?
Hi all - From my codebehind I'm attempting to write the contents of a DataSet to Excel. However, it appears that I cannot start Excel from my codebehind to accomplish this. Doing so causes the following error: Cannot execute a program. The command being executed was "c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\csc.exe" /noconfig @"C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\webservice_icspos_consumer\bd8c4cb9\af1c8054\s33rwgwf.cmdline". I've referenced Microsoft Excel 10.0 Object Library which also brings in - Microsoft Office 10.0 Obje...

using javascript to change .net web form properties
Hello everyone, I'm fairly new to ASP.NET and I'm trying to find the best solution to this problem I'm having.  I believe ultimately what I need to be able to do is change the ImageUrl value via javascript of an ImageButton.  A small example of what I'm working on can be found here in a javascript form:http://www.msu.edu/~sebenic3/This is a simple data input method for a survey. There are three distinct columns, when you select a number within a column it will change the .gif image to show it's selected and then populate the textbox with that value.  I...

Using .Net classes from custom classes???
Can anyone help? I'm using VWD and C#. I have started to write my own classes but am having scope problems when trying to use the .Net classes from my classes i.e. Response.Write, User.Identity.IsAuthenticated, etc and get the error: "Cannot access a nonstatic member of outer type System.Web.UI.Page" Anyone know of the correct syntax to access the .Net classes? Thanks, R You'll need to use System.Web.HttpContext.Current to get the current context object. Example:System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Request.QueryString["Blah"] would get the value of a query string named Blah in the current R...

Use web.config with web forms?
 Hi All, I'm doing some unit testing of a web application, and would like to use settings from a web.config file.  Is this possible? Thanks much,- Mark I'd suggest keeping your Unit Tests in a seperate project and using it's own .config file. It will be a little repetition but it will help to keep things seperated for perf and reusability without bloating your production app. I agree with Curt. It is better to seperate options for testing and release version. This will decrease the job to be done once the unit testing process is finished.Haissam Abdul Mal...

populating web form objects when using Visual Studio.NET
What is the best way of creating datasets for asp.net pages and populating web form objects. I have always created datasets within a sub routine and then populated my web form controls from that dataset. I was given some code that the pages were created in visual studio. I know the page gets its data from a stored procedure. What I can't find is code that calls that stored procedure and also populates the web form objects. Most of my asp.net development has been done on the asp.net page and not in Visual Studio. So if someone could tell me what to look for that would be great. Well, t...

CR 9 for VS.NET PDF problems using web forms
Hi all. I am trying to capture patient history data then summarize the data in a one page report using Crystal Report. I would like to use Adobe Plug-in to alllow for printing the report (although printing from the browser will be acceptable). I am using the code straight off of the web site: Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click Dim myExportOptions As CrystalDecisions.Shared.ExportOptions Dim myDiskFileDestination As CrystalDecisions.Shared.DiskFileDestinationOptions Dim myExportFile...

Web resources about - Class is not licensed for use - asp.net.web-forms

Licensed mariner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The United States Coast Guard has replaced paper licenses with the Merchant Mariners Credential which is a combination of the former Merchant ...

Facebook Expands Virtual Goods Business with Licensed Music and Sports Gifts
For those tracking the expansion of the virtual goods economy in the US, the explosion of the virtual goods market on the Facebook Platform has ...

Now Licensed Under Creative Commons
Attribution You let others copy, distribute, display, and perform your copyrighted work — and derivative works based upon it — but only if they ...

App Store - University Wallpapers - Officially Licensed DigitalSkins™
Get University Wallpapers - Officially Licensed DigitalSkins™ on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

YouTube - Oregon Mall Shooting Stopped By Licensed Gun Carrier
Veröffentlicht am 15.12.2012 Nick Meli is emotionally drained. The 22-year-old was at Clackamas Town Center with a friend and her baby when ...

Greyhound dumping: Licensed trainer charged
A 64-year-old woman and a 71-year-old man are due to appear in the Bundaberg Magistrates Court on Friday. A licensed greyhound trainer is one ...

Police charge never-licensed Kalamunda driver over cyclist hit-and-run
Perth police have charged a 21-year-old woman who has never had a driver's licence after she allegedly hit a cyclist with her car and drove off ...

Kings Cross streets no safer after licensed venues crackdown
A state government crackdown on licensed venues in Kings Cross following the death of teenager Thomas Kelly has failed to improve assault rates ...

Canberra company licensed for flying drones
A Canberra company is the first local operation to get approval to fly unmanned aerial vehicles or "drones" commercially.

Activision lays off 30 as it scales back licensed games
There were also a few cuts at Black Ops II studio Treyarch