checking checkbox is checked or not using checkbox.checked

Hi,

my checkbox is

<asp:CheckBox ID="Chkcity" runat="server" Text="My own city"  OnCheckedChanged="EventHandler"/>

code behind:

Private Sub Chkcity_CheckedChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Chkcity.CheckedChanged

if (Chkcity ...............)

end if

 End Sub

ERROR

   'EventHandler' is not a member of 'ASP.bpoaddjob_aspx'.

Please Mark the post as "ANSWER" if it helps you
0
closeguy2005

I think it should be like this:

<asp:CheckBox ID="Chkcity" runat="server" Text="My own city"  OnCheckedChanged="Chkcity_CheckedChanged"/>

Please mark this post as Answer if it was helpful.

-- Martin
0
mbischoff
9/5/2008 9:58:25 AM

OnCheckedChanged="EventHandler" in form is causing the error,check that

happy coding

Live and Let Live

0
greeny_1984
9/5/2008 9:59:14 AM

 Ok.now error gone as i removed Eventhandler

but my textbox does not get invisible even if i uncheck the checkbox

 Protected Sub Chkcity_CheckedChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Chkcity.CheckedChanged
        If (Chkcity.Checked = True) Then
            city.Visible = True
        Else
            city.Visible = False
        End If
    End Sub

Please Mark the post as "ANSWER" if it helps you
0
closeguy2005
9/5/2008 10:00:26 AM

Try setting AutoPostBack to true in the aspx CheckBox definition.

AutoPostBack="true"

0
paindaasp
9/5/2008 10:18:19 AM

closeguy2005:

 Ok.now error gone as i removed Eventhandler

but my textbox does not get invisible even if i uncheck the checkbox

 Protected Sub Chkcity_CheckedChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Chkcity.CheckedChanged
        If (Chkcity.Checked = True) Then
            city.Visible = True
        Else
            city.Visible = False
        End If
    End Sub

 Try this

<asp:CheckBox ID="Chkcity" runat="server" Text="My own city"  OnCheckedChanged="Chkcity_CheckedChanged"  AutoPostBack="true"/>

Remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps U
0
Amipatel1986

Check One CheckBox To Check All CheckBoxes
All the rows in a DataGrid, including the Header, are accompanied with a CheckBox. I want that when the CheckBox in the Header is checked, then all the CheckBoxes should automatically get checked. I set the AutoPostBack property of the CheckBox in the Header to True & am invoking a sub named CheckAllRows on the CheckedChanged event of this CheckBox. The CheckBox in the Header exists within the HeaderTemplate of a TemplateColumn in the DataGrid & the rest of the CheckBoxes reside within the ItemTemplate of the same TemplateColumn. This is the code (the ID of the CheckBox in the Header...

Check All Check Box While Check Header CheckBox
 hello...I have two grid on same page...both grid contains header checkbox and item checkbox i want that if use check header checkbox then all item check box checked,i have javascript for this functinality but problem is that when i click on header check box of first grid then checkbox of second grid also checked that i dnt want i want to perform this operation on one grid at one time.i have attache my script also...plz help me....thanks<script type="text/javascript">        function SelectAll(ID)      &nbs...

how to check if a checkbox is checked using javascript.
Hi all, I am new to asp.net and trying to learn it, I have created a simple page including a button and a checkboxes.  Now, I want that when I check the checkbox, it should display a message. but it is gving some errors like 1. ) expected 2. Invalid expresson term ':' 3. ; expexcted  4. Invalid expresson term ':'  my sample coding is as follows   <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="test.aspx.cs" Inherits="test" %><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Trans...

how to check all the row level checkbox when header level checkbox is checked
hello i m working on one site which requires the functionality like yahoo, that is when we check header level check box then all row level checkbox is checked.i m sending my code here....<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">        function Check(chk)        {          alert("abc");            if(document.form1.HeaderLevelCheckBox.checked==true)    ...

How do I set a checkbox to checked when another checkbox in a DG row is checked?
I have a datagrid with rows of labels, textboxes, and checkboxes.  These rows show information about customers.  When a user checks one of the checkboxes, I need the other textbox to become checked as well.  When the user unchecks the checkbox, nothing should happen.  See code below.  Any ideas?  The trick is finding the checkbox control for that specific row.  Thanks!!!! <asp:GridView ID="CustomFieldsGridView" width="100%" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataKeyNames="CustomizableFieldCode" DataSourceID="CustomFieldsObjectDataSource" ShowHe...

Validation to Check if checkbox is checked
Hi,Which Validation statement should i use to check whether a checkbox is checked?Thanks You can also use CustomValidator for validate if check box is checked or not. Here is the example:   <script> function checkTemp() {             if (document.getElementById("valcheckBoxTemp").checked)                         args.IsValid = true;             else ...

gridview check if checkbox is checked
 I have a column with checkboxes in my gridview, I want to check each row if the checkbox was checked, if yes do something with the data of that row. How do I do that?I added the checkboxes the following way <asp:TemplateField>                                <ItemTemplate>                         &nb...

Check to see if Checkbox is checked
  Hello All, Currently my application allows user to select the days which they worked and the days are presented in the form of checkboxes which means there are 7 checkboxes for Monday to Sunday. The problem is: I want my users to at least check one box: How do I write the code in VB.NET to ensure that at least one box is checked? I have no totally no idea at all.  Any experts care to shed some light? Thanks!Sincerely Yours, Abupapa hi,Pls go through the link below: This is a very good article.. i think this will meet your requirement.http://codeclimber.net.nz/archive/2007/0...

how to check the checkbox checked property
hi guyz i have a server side chkbox control and on the basis of it i want to enable/disable a textbox at client side, i had registered an event in my .cs class, but using java script im unable to chkeck whether the checkBox is checked or not (at client side) im doing it on  .acx control and i donot have a form object on it. i tried alot but unable to find the solution kindly tell me if any1 knows..........     thnx For a CheckBox this is all that you need. If a CheckBoxList there is a little more involved. /////////////////////////////////// aspx file///////...

how to check if checkboxes in datalist is checked?
hi, i have a checkbox in datalist itemtemplate. i need to have a validation that checks if theres atleast 1 checkbox in datalist item that is checked, when button delete is click. Thanks   Here is code to read value of checkbox in datalist control. foreach (DataListItem item in this.dataListName.Items) { //if check box is an html control HtmlInputCheckBox chk = item.Cells[0].FindControl("checkBoxName") as HtmlInputCheckBox; //OR if checkbox is server side asp.net control CheckBox chk = item.Cells[0]....

How to check if CheckBox is check in C#
Hi all,Please help.I have  a gridview and inside the <HeaderTemplate> I declare a checkBox as follow: <HeaderTemplate > <asp:Label ID="Label6" runat="server" Text='Code' CssClass="dirStyle1"></asp:Label>&nbsp; <asp:CheckBox ID="CheckBox1" runat="server"/> </HeaderTemplate>so let say i have a button for PostBack/Submit so how do I check if the checkbox is check?I tried ------------------------------------------------------------ CheckBox chbx = GridView1.FindControl("CheckBox1&qu...

leaving the checkbox checked after it is checked
not by default that is. I apologize for double posting, I've been warned that my subject was too vague. Hello everyone, I hope someone can help me with this problem. Here is what I am trying to do: - Job request is entered in Form-A. - When Form-A is submitted, apple.cgi tells the user the form is successfully submitted and at the same time appends the request into an html file (banana.html) that can be seen on the web. - There is a checkbox near each request on Form-A. I want that when the checkbox is checked (meaning the job is done), the job request disappears f...

How to Check if Checkboxes are Checked? ^_~
Hullo,What I'm basically trying to do is see if a checkbox is checked, and if it is, then change the value of a hiddenfield to update a database.  Here's my code:  protected void Rankbox_CheckedChanged(object sender, EventArgs e) { if (Rankbox = checked) { Rank.Value = 1; } else if (Rankbox = unchecked) { Rank.Value = 0; } } My checkbox is named "Rankbox", and the hidden field with information that needs changing is "Rank".  The error Visual Studio is giving me basically says that it hates the if sta...

if checkbox is checked , then all the checkboxlist should be checked
i have a checkbox list and a checkbox , i want f the checkbox is checked then all the checkboxes in the checkboxlist should be checked as well.   Please suggest , if there is any way out   Thanksneelu gupta Do u want this to be done on the client side or server side? And are these check boxes server controls or html controls??Shravan Addaypally MCP maybe this thread can help.> penny for a thought...

Web resources about - checking checkbox is checked or not using checkbox.checked - asp.net.web-forms

Checking whether a coin is fair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In statistics , the question of checking whether a coin is fair is one whose importance lies, firstly, in providing a simple problem on which ...

Facebook As A Means Of Credit Checking
How you socialize online, who with, and how often can make or break your loan application : True or false? It is true, surprisingly. And it is ...

Checking in at the World Cup and Leaving with Friends
... to the 2014 World Cup and we wanted to take a closer look at those who used Facebook to stay connected while they were in Brazil, checking into ...

State of Journalism: The Lost Art of Fact Checking
... Read all the posts here.It wasn’t exactly Bright Lights, Big City. Jay McInerney’s well State of Journalism: The Lost Art of Fact Checking March ...

Diver Checking Underwater Protection of Cable - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Diver checking underwater protection of cable at hydroacoustic station HA08 at the British Indian Ocean Territory (BIOT), U.K. Copyright CTBTO ...

ESPN's Ray Lewis caught checking his phone on live TV for 20 seconds - YouTube
The Indianapolis Colts are gearing up for a Monday night AFC East clash against the New York Jets. The Colts are looking for their first win ...

Q&A: Checking rego date
Hugo is wondering what is the best way to check vehicle registration date now that cars no longer have rego labels in NSW.

Q&A: Checking rego date
Hugo is wondering what is the best way to check vehicle registration date now that cars no longer have rego labels in NSW.

Australian police checking MH17 site
Independent monitors are helping Canberra negotiate with armed rebels over access to the MH17 crash site.