Changing Server-Side Control Properties by Client-Side

Hi,

I have 4 server side button control. These are for choices of a competition website(A,B,C,D) and I have 1 client side button control named "Changer" on the same page.

When I click the Changer I want it to disable A, if it is disabled I want it to disable B...

The main question in this topic is "How can I change properties of a server-side control by client-side"

My javascript side is not very well. How can I do this?

Please help me.

0
savas_murat

I got it guys.

Thank You very much..

0
savas_murat
Here is the javascript for enable and disable two server side buttons with id Button1 and Button2...
function EnableDisable()
{

	if(document.getElementById('Button1').disabled == false)
	{
		document.getElementById('Button1').disabled = true;
		document.getElementById('Button2').disabled = false;
	}
	else
	{
		document.getElementById('Button1').disabled = false;
		document.getElementById('Button2').disabled = true;
	}
}

add  onclick="return EnableDisable();" in  HTML source of client side button and write the above script anywhere in the HTML source

Regards
Anz

If this post was useful to you, please mark it as answer.

ClientSideAsp.Net | Blog
0
anzer
12/14/2005 5:37:06 AM

Use Ajax.  The easiest framework out is Magic Ajax.

http://eramseur.blogspot.com/2005/12/magic-ajax-panel.html

Eric Ramseur
Rainbow Portal 2.0 Admin
Download Rainbow 2.0!!
Rainbow Code
Rainbow Portal Community
C# 2005 Group
0
eramseur
12/14/2005 5:44:27 AM

it is working but how can I get the other properties of control like "Visible" ???

I tried the same way, but it is not working

Thnx.

0
savas_murat

change control property from client side and have changes persist on the server
Hi I was wondering if it was possible to change a control's property from the client side with javascript without a post back and have those changes be reflected on the server when a post back occurs. Such as if I had a label and I change it's text property with javascript without a post back and when a post back occurs I can grab those changes on the server e.x. string labelText = label1.Text;  When using input controls (textbox, select etc) then it's definitely possible. But when using labels (which will be rendered as <span> tags) then I'm not sure they ...

web forms with client and server side controls??
Hi, I have a form that has client and server side controls. I have a problem in that any client controls (textbox) within the form runat="server" can not be accessed with client side code. Anyone got any ideas why and what work arounds are possible. Regards, Graham. once a form element is inside a <FORM> tag, you can no longer refer to it by its ID alone. you have to refer to it by formname.elementid or document.all.elementid. use document.getElementById(yourtextboxid) to get a ref to the element in the form. using this allows u to bypass the formn...

server side controls in a non-server side form
I want to use server side controls in a non-server side form.I use server side controls (like dropdownlists) so I can fill them with the right options from the database.My question is, what is the best way to approach this?CAN I use server-side controls in a client side form? If so, how can I get the values contained in the controls when I do a post? (not in a querystring).Here's a sample of my code: <form id="frmAdvancedSearch" method="post" action="advancedSearch.aspx"> <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server"></asp:TextBox> <input type="submit" /> </form>...

What are diff Server-side control and Client-side control ?
What are diff Server-side control and Client-side control ? and diff server -side coding and client -side coding ? please help I have answered the first part of your question in your previous posting. Server-side coding languages are ASP, ASP.NET, PHP, CGI (Perl) and many, many more. They are used to create dynamic web content (based on additional information that is attached to the request) and are often used to extract information from databases. Client-side coding languages are JavaScript, VBScript, EMACScript and are used to create dynamic content that responds to the u...

Combining a server-side control with a client-side control!

Is there a correspondance for each server side control to be equivalent to a client side html control
Where can find the list and can use that equivalence and what is its usage plsThanksThanks a lot, I appreciate your taking the time to help me. What exactly do you mean? A correspondence of what?All controls have a ClientID property, which for most controls tells the DOM element ID that will be used in the HTML rendering. Aside from that certain controls might offer additional client-side functionality, but there's no one standard.Thanks,EilonBlog: http://weblogs.asp.net/LeftSlipper/ I mean. When I am using html control in my aspx page like:  <input type=text ..>  and...

How to access the properties and methods of the ActiveX control on the client side in Web Form using javascript or vbscript
Hi All, I have looked almost every where for this, and I'll be really appreciated if someone can help me with this. I found a article in MS KB article, #317392, but it is not extactly what I wanted. How do you reference an ActiveX control's methods and properties with javascript in the ASPX? Following is what I have. Some how the following line in the btnclick() does not seems to be working. AlarmCtl.StartTimer() I have done this with just .HTML and it works just fine. Can any one help. Thanks in advance. //===========================...

Server-side versus Client-side controls?
Hi, I'm new to ASP.NET, and I was wondering how negligible the performance impact of using server-side controls over client-side controls is? Should I avoid using server-side controls and use client-side ones whereever I can? Or should I not care? From apurely aesthetic point-of-view, it would be nice to use mostly all server-side controls to keep everything consistent. What are your thoughts on this? Thanks. There are up's and down's of both server-side and client side controls.  Read this article and you will have a better understanding on which is better.http://www.eggh...

server-side control inside another server-side control
Hi everyone. I have a requirement where I need to create a custom server side control which will contain a series of ASP controls -- no problem there. However, this component also needs to itself be placed inside a server side control, and then placed into the page...so I'll have a custom server-side component inside a custom server-side component. Is that even possible? Everytime I start to think about it I get a headache. Thanks Matt  It's perfectly possible. Just give it a try and you'll see that it works.-- "Mark As Answer" if my reply helped you -- Yup...

differences between server side asynchronous Web methods and client side asynchronous Web methods
Hi,   can anyone expalin what are the differences between server side asynchronous Web methods  and client side asynchronous Web methods in ASP.Net 2.0 ?   any best articles on serverside asynchronous Web methods  ?   Thanks,  hi, check this url, Server-Side Asynchronous Methods for ASP.NET, http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cpp/asyncws.aspx   Calling the Server-Side method asynchronously from Client Script, http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/dipenlama22/Callbacks07182006093320AM/Callbacks.aspx...

How to access dynamically Html controls (client side controls) using C# server side scripts
Folks,I have problem try to to access dynamically Html controls (client side controls) using C# server side scripts. Please give me helps.     The error is as follows Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.Source Error: Line 79: { Line 80: Control c = Page.FindControl("ddlTC" + i); Line 81: ((DropDownList)c).DataSource = mdt; Line 82: ((DropDownList)c).DataTextField = "ClassID"; Line 83: ((DropDownList)c).DataValueField = "Course"; My aspx page source codes: ...<...

Web resources about - Changing Server-Side Control Properties by Client-Side - asp.net.web-forms

Server-side scripting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... unfocused, scattered, unnecessary details. WikiProject Technology or the Technology Portal may be able to help recruit an expert. Server-side ...

Google Cloud Platform simplifies server-side development for iOS w/ ‘Mobile Backend Starter’
... Mobile Backend Starter that first debuted for Android developers back in June. Google says the application helps to simplify the server-side ...

Free Cooling: the Server Side of the Story
Servers that support higher inlet temperatures could significantly reduce or even eliminate the cooling costs of the data center. We received ...

[Update: Check Now] Play Store For Android Gets Search Bar With Hamburger Flip In Server-Side Update
Google is pushing out an update to the Play Store's Android interface that replaces the action bar with a standard search bar. Inside are the ...

Server-side update makes Siri a stickler for succinctness
Siri is already well known for her wit and willingness to joke, but a recent server-side update has given Apple's digital assistant the ability ...

Japanese RIAA wants server-side music DRM for mobile phones
The Recording Industry Association of Japan—the Japanese version of the RIAA— …

New BaaS platform aims to eliminate writing server-side code
... offering for desktop and mobile developers that's now leaving its beta phase. By removing the need for writing code on the server-side, Backendless ...

Dart improves async and server-side performance
... Team Today's release of the Dart SDK version 1.3 includes a 2x performance improvement for asynchronous Dart code combined with server-side ...

Customize Google Using Server-Side Scripts
Google's services have a lot of powerful features, but they can't offer all the options requested by users. A popular way to customize Google ...