Change text property of web server control at runtime

Hi,

In a Web Sever Control, I want to change the text display at runtime!
by use as follows <%#...%> or other
for example: <asp:button text="<%# . text here..%>">
can someone tell me how to solve this?
thanks
0
blackcasper

You need to call DataBind() in the Page_Load.

Steven Bey

Recursion: see Recursion
0
stevenbey

Web Server Control Containing another Web Server Control?
I'm building a web server control that needs to include functionality from 3rd party web server control, ASPNetMenu. My web server control needs to render ASPNetMenu at runtime to create a menu. I'd like to do this so that my control's parent ASPX page does not need to register ASPNetMenu or make any configuration changes as this should be done through my web server control. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to do this? Mike - Cache entire web sites at the client and server and keep cache current. Cache just got easier! There are two articles that you would want to be int...

Access Web Control's property within the Web Form
Hello, I have a Web Control which has a TextBox and a Button. I want to put this Control on a WebForm, then put some text in a Control's TextBox, press on Control's Button and be able to access text box's value from within the Web Form. That's my Control: _________________________________________________ public class Colo : System.Web.UI.UserControl { protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox TextBox1; protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button Button1; public string Myval{ get{return (string)ViewState["myval"];} set{ViewState["myval"] = va...

web web web

Server Web User Control or Web Custom Control
Ok, I made a DataGrid I like, stuck it in a Web Control Lib, and then to my toolbar. Now I want to take my nice little control and add it to a greater control, maybe place some buttons around it etc. I could always inherit from it in a new custom control and dynamically add the buttons, but I thought about using a Web User Control. I thought I could easily create a Web User Control, drop on my grid and the buttons on a form, and expose some properties and events, but once I got into it, I got a feeling that this isn't what a Web User Control is for. When designing a control li...

change layout of web controls in web user control
Hi I have create a user control with 3 asp:textbox in it. I would like to reuse the same 3 textboxes in 2 seperate web pages. In one case I want them to appear in  a row (as search parameters) and in the other I want them to appear in a column(to add a new object)..  Can I do change layouts using CSS or something? Hi,    Here is a solution to your question for your reference. Create a web user control as the following <%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="DynamicalUserControl.ascx.cs" Inherits="DynamicalUserControl" %><asp:Panel ID="...

using javascript to change .net web form properties
Hello everyone, I'm fairly new to ASP.NET and I'm trying to find the best solution to this problem I'm having.  I believe ultimately what I need to be able to do is change the ImageUrl value via javascript of an ImageButton.  A small example of what I'm working on can be found here in a javascript form:http://www.msu.edu/~sebenic3/This is a simple data input method for a survey. There are three distinct columns, when you select a number within a column it will change the .gif image to show it's selected and then populate the textbox with that value.  I...

Web Control Custom Property will not change at runtime
This is a strange problem.  I have to display a large amount of data in a datagrid, and since I don't want the users to have to scroll way over to the right to see everything, I created a web control that lays out the data in a nice way.  Then in my datagrid, I call to the web control which keeps me from having a ton of code to wade through on the datagrids page.I decided that I wanted to add edit/update and delete/Cancel buttons to the web control.  So I defined a custom property called Editmode.  If editmode is true, then the buttons read update and cancel, and all the ...

change web form background property from code in vb.net
I have a web form in a vb.net project. The web form has both a design view and an HTML view. In the design view, the property box has a background property that can be set to an image file. This causes a background attribute to be added to the Body element in the HTML view. My question is, how do I modify the background property from program code? I can't find the object that has this property so I can set its value. On way to do it is to use 2 different style sheet and change the stylesheet in the pageload event depending on your condition. Look for an example in Report Starter Kit ...

Web control in web control

Web Form and Web User Control
Hello, I have a Web User Control (ascx) that includes a button. This button has an onclick event method. This Web User control is included into a Web Form. (thru LoadControl). However, when I click on the button, the event method is not executed. What should I include in order it works fine? Thanks in advance. GAA. Using Loadcontrol is using dynamic controls and when using dynamic controls you must recreate the same dynamic controls ono postback to econstruct the page control tree. It is best if you do this during the Page PreInit event. How complex are your controls ...

How to change of the web control's properties at runtime on Ajax based page!
hi, i have a user control which has a textbox and an image button on it..When the user click the button, a request is send to the server using ajax.At the server side, with the control's SqlQuery property(is set on server) , the data is selected and sent back to the client as xml stream.i devoloped an aspx page and used my control's two instance.first one gets the country list and second one gets the cities.. <uc1:Control ID="Control1" runat="server" Squery="Select ccode,cname from _Countries"  Stextfield="ccode" Svaluefield="cname" /><uc1:Control ID="Control2" runat="se...

Web resources about - Change text property of web server control at runtime - asp.net.web-forms

Property - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling . You can assist by editing it . In abstract, property ...

Property - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In abstraction, property is that which belongs to or with something, whether as an attribute or as a component of said thing. For the significant ...

Chinese property firm Yuhu hires ex-deputy premier Andrew Stoner
A Chinese-based property firm that has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to Australian political parties has added former deputy premier ...

How property developers make windfall millions
Buy one thing, use spin and insider knowledge to get planning approval to turn it into something completely different and, hey presto, you've ...

Mt Maunganui property home of the year - The Courier-Mail Search Search
A LUXURY beachside home in Mt Maunganui and a renovation in Auckland have won supreme awards at New Zealand's 25th Registered Master Builders ...

Treasurer Scott Morrison orders forced sale of $10m of property
Foreign investors who have bought established residential real estate without notification given until end of month to declare purchases.

Property estates on former Perth school sites popular with buyers
CRAIGIE, about 24km from the CBD, is the site of Perth’s latest residential school conversion. The first 22 blocks at the site of the former ...

Property estates on former Perth school sites popular with buyers - PerthNow Search Search
CRAIGIE, about 24km from the CBD, is the site of Perth’s latest residential school conversion. The first 22 blocks at the site of the former ...

When Lang Walker is selling property, the RBA should be worried
If one thing has distinguished Lang Walker, it's been his ability to sell out at the right time. Lang Walker knows a bit about property development ...