Change size of text box at runtime

Hi All,

i am working with textbox control. i am inserting text in text box at run time. i do not want scroll bar in my text box.

i want to know how to increase size of textbox at runtime according to the text inserted.

Thanks & Regards
Neeraj

0
erneeraj83

hi

give the textbox width in in percentage (100%), but if the textbox contains more data, the page will have the scrollbar, it is advisable to use textarea when the large data is there.

Please Mark as Answer if it helps you
0
naveen

Check if the text box "text" has changed (RePost from web forms forum)
Greetings! How can i know if the "text" inside of a text box has changed? For example, I currently have this: if (txtMU.TextChanged()) { } But this does not work. The other idea I had was to assign the existing value of the text box to a string and then when the user click the save button I can create a conditional statement to compare the original string with the new string. However, I would like something more effective as I have like 12 text boxes to compare. Thanks, EduardoThanks,Please Mark this post as answered if it was helpful. Here is the easiest way that I have ...

VB .net Web Form will not get contents of Text Box
I have created a web form with text boxes that are bound to a DataSet/DataView.  I have created button to navigate up and down the recordset.  That all works fine. I need to have the ability to edit/add text in any of the boxes and then when clicking "Save" button, it would build an UPDATE query to send to the database. When the Save button is clicked, I have coded to DIM a string var (strSQL) to use to build the SQL command.  For some reason, it will only get the text from a text box if the data was pulled the database.  If I add/edit data, then the SQL command will ha...

how to change the font of some text in the text box to different size
hi all, I am developing web application. I have some text in text box. Now i want to change the font of some text to different size than the other lines in the text box. How can i do this. Can anybody help me regarding this. thanks in advance I think you should use some other Text Input control beacause it is not possible in text box. Try the Free text Box in the link below. http://freetextbox.com/default.aspx This will solve your problemMuhammad ShoaibSoftware Engineer,Lahore, Pakistanwww.heartofpakistan.com (U/C)--------------------------------Mark it as ANSWER if it Helps U ...

text box object changes size when a property is changed
Every time I change a property for a text box object, ie.e fon or text displayed, the text box changes to its original size and I must resize the object. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? I am using Infomaker 6.5.1. Thanks, Drives me crazy too, bu there is nothing you can do about it. Works the same in version 7 as well. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Check out Sybase Developer's Network: http://www.sybase.com/sdn Jane Johnson <jjohnson@doh.state.ut.us> wrote in message news:38972539.74B7B8D6@doh.state.ut.us... > Every ...

Enabling button after text changed on text box from form view control
I'm using form view to display some text box that contains user's personal info. There are "save" buttons for each text box which are disable as default. I want to enable them when text is changed on the the text box. I don't know how to write the the JavaScript function to do this task and i also don't know how to call the function from the the textbox control (onchange or ontextchange?). Here is the formview code: <asp:FormView ID="FormView1" runat="server" DataSourceID ="personalSQL"> <ItemTemplate > <ta...

changing the text size on the form
Guys,how to change the text font size on the webform in .NetThanks You can use following code to change textbox size.TextBox1.Width = System.Web.UI.WebControls.Unit.Pixel(300)TextBox1.Height = System.Web.UI.WebControls.Unit.Pixel(300)Thanks,RamThanks,RamOm Sri Sai Ram  dev11 wrote:how to change the text font size on the webform in .Net You use CSS. The font-size property CSS Reference CSS Tutorial -- Tarjei Or you could change it per control:      TextBox1.Font.Size = FontUnit.Large;NC...  potturi_rp wrote: You can use fo...

changing text box properties at runtime
I have a webpage with several text boxes.I want to change the looks of the textboxes based on certain events.The events happen to be hitting markers of a media file.I would like to change the background color and/or font size of certain text boxes when corresponding markers are hit.I figured out how the size of the text boxes, but that isn't what I want to do.<SCRIPT language = "JScript" for = Player1 event = markerHit(mymark)>   if(mymark==1) Text.size = 5;   if(mymark==2) Text.size = 10;   if(mymark==3) Text.size = 20;</SCRIPT>I don&#...

Limiting Text Size in a Web Form
Hello,   I want to display valiable length text strings in a limited space (known pixel width).   For example  "This is a very long string" would be limited to "This is a very..."   Are there any rendering helper functions to calculate the size of the text (considering font and style of course) in pixels, or to limit the displayed text?   Many thanks   Ofer   Hi There If the text is within say a text box then you can set the size of the text box to say 15 characters - then what to do is check the length of the text and then wriet a function w...

clearing all text boxes on a web form
Howdy, I picked up the following code a while back but have only now had the time to try it. what I would like to do is clear the content of all the text boxes on a web form. here is the code: Private Sub ReadControls() Dim ctl As Control Dim intIndex As Integer ' First find the Form object For Each ctl In Page.Controls If ctl.GetType Is GetType(Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm) Then intIndex = Page.Controls.IndexOf(ctl) Exit For End If Next ' Loop through all controls within Form Control ' which is at Postion 1 in the Controls Collection ...

Tabbing through text boxes on a web form
I have 3 text boxes within the body of my html on an asp.net page and when i render the page I am not able to tab from the first box to the next. How do you set this up? Thanks, -=angst=- You can use the TabIndex property of the TextBox object to do this. ex : <asp:TextBox id="myBox1" TabIndex="0" runat="server"/> <asp:TextBox id="myBox2" TabIndex="1" runat="server"/> <asp:TextBox id="myBox3" TabIndex="2" runat="server"/> Make sure each textbox has a un...

adjust text box size if text is too big to fit in its original size
 Hi,On mouseover of hypertext, I call function in javascript & print text in textbox. As shown following:<a  href=""  onclick="home() > </a> function home(){var TB=document.getElementById ("<%=txtbox.ClientID%>");TB.value="HELLO THERE "}  But if the text to be printed is too big to fit in text box, then text box size  (height, width)should get adjusted .Is there any property of textbox to achieve this?  Please Mark the post as "ANSWER" if it helps you Try with this:TB.style.width = &q...

Passing Text of a text box in child form to a label in parent form
Hi Elite People !! I have a parent form with a number of ASP Labels and Buttons. Each ASP Label has a ASP Button next to it. What I want to acheive is when you click the button, it should open a new window with a ASP multiline text box and a "save" button. User can enter the text in the text box and when they click the SAve button, the Text in the text box of the Child window should be displayed in the label on the parent form.  I am successfully able to do this when I have a Text Box in the Parent form, but my requirement is to use Labels on the Parent Form. I am ...

Web resources about - Change size of text box at runtime - asp.net.web-forms

Android Runtime - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Android Runtime ( ART ) is an application runtime environment used by the Android mobile operating system . ART replaces Dalvik , which is the ...

Runtime (@Runtimeapp) on Twitter

Runtime - Simple Run Tracking on the App Store on iTunes
Get Runtime - Simple Run Tracking on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

HSA Foundation Launches ‘HSA 1.0 Final’ – Architecture, Programmers Reference and Runtime Specifications ...
... of the hardware, - the HSA Programmers’ Reference Manual for the software ecosystem targeting tools and compiler developers, - the HSA Runtime ...

ART: The Android runtime that will eventually replace Dalvik is in KitKat in preview form
Google has, for all intents and purposes, rewritten Android several times since first launching the platform back in 2008. But there's a part ...

Experimental ART runtime available on new HTC One
Attention smartphone nerds — the new HTC One (M8) includes the option to use the experimental, pre-release ART runtime should you desire to make ...

ART runtime Archives - Android Origin
The team behind the custom ROM, Paranoid Android, has just released a brand new beta. As always, it includes various bug fixes, but this update ...

ART runtime Archives - Android Police - Android News, Apps, Games, Phones, Tablets
It was only 3 months ago when we first met the brand new Android Runtime, dubbed ART . In that time it has gained a substantial following by ...

Objective-C Runtime Reference
Describes the data structures and functions of the Objective-C runtime support library.

Apps can affect Mac performance, battery runtime, temperature, and fan activity - Apple Support
You can use Activity Monitor to see whether a Mac app is using more of the CPU than it should.