Can this be done with asp.net or is Java the only answer?

If you go to the site, http://customink.com, and click on the "CREATE" tab, you will encounter a really cool java applet that allows you to customize various items.  You can add and alter images, zoom in and out, add and alter text, move the images and text around, etc.  Then you can save it and buy the item you just customized.  Is Java the only way to create something like this or is it possible with asp.net?  How would you go about doing it?  Thanks.
0
mallusoft

and 2 years later the question is still unanswered!
0
NewCents
2/18/2004 5:16:24 PM
No, not really.

But you could make the same thing using flash or a "dotnet applet".
Or ActiveX.
Best Regards
0
eske49152

VB6 ActiveX controls done in VS.NET 03/05
Hi peeps. I used to develop ActiveX controls in VB6 and when I'd hit F5 the control would appear effortlessly in IE.  How can I do this in .Net? ....Let's say I have a simple UserControl in VB6 with 1 button on it.  The code behind the button_click event  is only "UserControl.BackColor = vbBlue", how do I reproduce this in .Net so that I can view it on the web?  Is it that ascx files have replaced this? Any help and ideas appreciated. Ray. Dublin, Ireland. ...

I can't open .net web application from VS.NET 2003
I try to open one .net based web application from VS.Net 2003 in my Windows 2K server, get following error message "Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1" and also tried to command line command aspnet_iisreg /i and aspnet_iisreg /r but didn't work. Could somebody give me some idea to solve this issue? Thanks a lot! Check if iis is installed and running if yes then uninstall .Net Frame work and install it again. I got same error few months ago and solved it by using above option. Arvind Malik First, I would see...

Can a .NET 1.1 page execute in a .NET 2.0 web site?
I've got a ASP.NET 1.1 web site to which I would like to add some ASP.NET 2.0 web pages. Could I just change the web site to point to the 2.0 .NET version and still have the .NET 1.1 web pages work so that both versions are in the same web site? Have you some of you approached this? Thanks. The official answer is maybe It's not officially supported, but most ASP.NET 1.1 pages will run fine under ASP.NET 2.0.  Officially you should run the upgrade wizard on your 1.1 pages. This is a  pretty good blog entry.      JamesMy Blog: http://www.wintersfamily.plus.c...

Can I access .net web service by java code?
Can I access .net web service via java code? Have you tried it before? I need some advice or example. Many thanks for that. you can use AXIS to access .NET web services. http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/developers-guide.html  HTHThajeer"Dont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. This marks your thread as Resolved and the community will know you have been helped."...

.DLL compiled with .NET 1.1 to be used in Web app done in .NET 2.0
Hi all,If I have a bunch of business objects that where compiled in .NET version 1.1, would it be possible for my ASP.NET (done in .NET 2.0) application to pick up these objects (.dll file) and start to use them?(Would be great if some-one could provide some form of documentation on this)ThanksTryst Hi Tryst, This should work fine.  In general, you can use V1.1 assemblies with V2.0 applications.  The reverse, though, is not true. Hope this helps, Scott ok, cool.ThanksTryst Comparative study on VS .Net 2003 and VS.Net 2005 .Net Framework versions used are ver...

Coding in VB.Net and C# in same web application; can it be done?
Hi there, I want to access information from a postgresql database. I found a free .dll that can do this called Npgsql , a .Net Data Provider for Postgresql Database Server. Now it's written in C# and I program in VB.Net.  Fortunately the examples they give are in C#. The rest of my site will be VB.Net.  So can I share information between projects in one solution if different langauges.  I assume so, but if I download data via C#, can I then run vb.net to display it to the screen?  Any pointers to web site for examples? Thanks Hi, if the assembly that ...

Can powerbuilder .NET Web Form Application run on Win2003 ?
Hello~~ I am testing powerbuilder11 TCP now. I followed the instruction on PDF file, and found I can successfully migrate my pbl to .net with IIS on Win2000 , and run it on browser; while I cannot successfully complete the same process with IIS on Win2003, I cannot run it on browser, various error messages shown on browser.... I guess there is further restriction for ASPNET on Win2003. Does anyone have good suggestion? Regards Alex Alex; 1) Please do not cross-post. 2) Please use the PB 11 Beta News Group. Thanks .. Chris...

non .net form issue within a .net form tag

What can c#.net do that vb.net can't?
That's pretty much my question - what can you do with c#, in terms of web application building, that you can't do in vb.net? Thanks Which language you choose is pretty much up you, your preferences and previous experience. There are some differences, but most importantly one have to realize that all .Net compliant languages are translated into an Intermediate Language and at the end of the day, what run is pretty much the same. Read this if you need to know more: "Microsoft Programming Languages" http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/productinfo/whitepapers/default.aspx ...

Can powerbuilder .NET Web Form Application run on Win2003 ?
Hello~~ I am testing powerbuilder11 TCP now. I followed the instruction on PDF file, and found I can successfully migrate my pbl to .net with IIS on Win2000 , and run it on browser; while I cannot successfully complete the same process with IIS on Win2003, I cannot run it on browser, various error messages shown on browser.... I guess there is further restriction for ASPNET on Win2003. Does anyone have good suggestion? Regards Alex Alex; Try the PB 11 Beta News Group .. we are not allowed to answer your PB 11 questions ...

Web resources about - Can this be done with asp.net or is Java the only answer? - asp.net.web-forms

Answer - Wikipedia
Generally, an answer is a reply to a question or is a solution, a retaliation, or a response that is relevant to the said question. In law, an ...

Call Button: An Answer To Facebook’s Mobile Ad Woes?
Ever since Facebook went public last year, the company has been looking for ways to monetize, especially on mobile . Jason Spievak, CEO of RingRevenue ...

OBAMACARE: What should WE do about Chief Justice John Roberts? My answer just might surprise you. - Facebook ...
David Osborne hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel OBAMACARE: What should WE do about Chief Justice John Roberts? My answer just might surprise you. ...

What Facebook search can answer
... thoughts on how the social network might approach search. Zuckerberg raised an interesting concept when he spoke about Facebook offering “answers” ...

Oppositelock - Why do my nostrils whisper to me? Answer: Because you're weird.
Why do my nostrils whisper to me? Answer: Because you're weird.

faroo_p2p: My answer to As of August 2012, what is the current state of the art in distributed hash tables ...
faroo_p2p: My answer to As of August 2012, what is the current state of the art in distributed hash tables? http://t.

Answers: Not just for developers anymore - Twitter Blogs
Answers grows to over five billion sessions per day.

Your Most Important Career Question - And How To Answer It
... ourselves some fundamental questions. I believe there is no career question that is more Your Most Important Career Question - And How To Answer ...

Public service casuals longing for permanent relationship; looking for answers
High performing 'non-ongoing' say they are being barred from permanent work.

Half-Life 1 & 2 writer answers fan’s HL3 question by announcing retirement
... with a lengthy, Q&A-styled announcement of his retirement from Valve. He led off by expressing hope that "this will explain why I cannot answer ...