thanks

Marc

0
Luppy

Hi Marc,

Based on my understanding, you want to know the differences between the ASP.NET web application and ASP.NET mobile web application. If I have misunderstood you, please feel free to let me know.

The ASP.NET forms are used to develop the ASP.NET pages for desktop browsers and The ASP.NET mobile forms are used to develop the ASP.NET pages for mobile device browsers. When we create the ASP.NET mobile web forms pages, we can use nearly all the features of ASP.NET. But there are a couple of compatibility issues:

  • Error Handling and Reporting.
  • Tracing.
  • Using Redirects.
  • Syntax Issues.
  • Session State and Cookies

For more information, see the following links:

I hope this helps.

Thomas Sun
Microsoft Online Community Support

Thomas
9/11/2007 8:46:55 AM

If you say mobile device browsers this means will phones that has internet browser?

thanks

0
Luppy

Web forms and mobile web forms

Comparison Web Form <-> Mobile Web Form
Hi all,Is there any overview of the (dis-)advantages using Mobile Web Forms compared with normal Web Form? I know I need to use Mobile Web Form if it should be accessible with handhelds, but does it make sense using Mobile web Form when the webpage should not be available for handhelds?Thanks!      The benefit on using the mobile web form is the ability to use the mobile controls that had adaptive rendering for different handsets. The built in features of controls like the objectlist and selectionlist are great and and form paging is also a neat thing.If you are not dev...

Difference between mobile web applications and standard web applications + mobile web forms in them ?
I have a series of existing sites, but I need to make a PPC version of them (there already is one, but it uses standard web forms). Since the code-behind looks a lot in the PC and in the PPC version, I'd like both versions to use the same files for the code. I'm left with 2 options : - either create a new mobile web application for each existing web application, and put all the code behind in .dlls which I'll call from each page ; - or, if this is possible (and I'd rather do it), simply add mobile web forms to the existing web applications and redirect at login to the appropriate ve...

Include web form inside web form

Web Form vs. Web Content Form

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

synchronizing chunk of data of one web form for another web form
I'm making a web application. In one web form; i'm taking inputs from user. Now; there is some info given by user in this page which is needed for web form which is going to be displayed next. i want to display that info automatically on that web form so that user doesn't have to re-input that info in this next web form. Info from first page would be inserted into database when user clicks on the submit button. then that next web form would be displayed. and the chunk of info from previous page should be displayed there!!! how can i do this?? cany anybody help?? nobody can help me!! I...

Web resources about - can someone one give me difference between web form and mobile web form and which or where or when i'm using the forms? - asp.net.web-forms

World powers adopt UN Syria resolution to end civil war, but differences on Assad's future as leader ...
The UN Security Council unanimously adopts a resolution endorsing a peace process to end the Syrian war.

What’s the Difference Between Gen Y and Gen Z?
... in relation to purchasing habits, top brands, or preferred networks, download the report and check out the infographic below for key differences ...

Differences Matter
I was struck by this paragraph in the Slate piece on our portfolio company YouNow this weekend: In theory, YouNow sounds a bit like Twitter’s ...

There will be one huge difference when you see the new ‘Star Wars’ movie in theaters
When you head out to see "Star Wars: The Force Awakens," the film will have one very big change as soon as the movie starts. Up until now, each ...

Harrison Ford Mocks Trump: You Can’t Tell The Difference Between Movies And Real Life
Harrison Ford Mocks Trump: You Can’t Tell The Difference Between Movies And Real Life

Can you spot the differences between fact-checking a GOP debate and whack-a-mole?
It shouldn’t come as any big surprise that Tuesday night’s Republican presidential debate was a bonanza for fact-checkers. Here are a few of ...