I was wondering if I created an aspx page that had a form on it that I could use the submit button to submit this form's contents to other web pages forms(servers accepting those form's data). I am thinking this would be a great way to update data on particular web pages without having to actually visit those similar web pages.

 Any ideas, examples would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

0
foolios

Yes you can.  It's called Cross Page Posting: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms178139.aspx

Also: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms178140.aspx might be of interest.

Regards Mike
[MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]
My site
0
Mikesdotnetting
11/3/2007 8:53:04 PM
<asp:Button
ID="Button1"
PostBackUrl="~/TargetPage.aspx"
runat="server"
Text="Submit" />

Ok, so the postback url has to be the url of the server that is going to process this page? The two pages are not on the same server. The one page I want to use to post from will be mine, but it will be posting form content to the server that the other page would be posting to. Or maybe two pages/servers.

What I would like is for my page to post twice, like if I had two pages open with the same content in a form and wanted to post that, but to do this with my one personal page. I want ths page to be posting that form content in place of those alternate web pages and to their posting server.

So if I change the line:

PostBackUrl="~/TargetPage.aspx, nbc.formpage.aspx, default.aspx"

Something like that maybe?

 I think the biggest hurdle is; if those pages need user authentication for the form to post from my webpage, how do I pass along my login credentials to it?

foolios
11/3/2007 9:34:18 PM

Actually, I may not need to pass any credentials as if I am using the browser window and a cookie resides on my system, it may just let me post. I'll have to check this out if I can get the first part of this to work.

0
foolios
11/3/2007 9:57:51 PM

<form action="newthread.php" method="post" name="vbform" onsubmit="return validatePost(this, this.subject.value, 20, 0);" onreset="vB_RESET(this);">

Ok, so to post in place of a page that has this as it's form action. Wouldn't I just take this same action and apply it to my aspx page on my personal form? well except that I would need to add the full address where it would say newthread.php right?

0
foolios

Open web page in IE and populate fields on the form from my web form
To the dot net Knights.  Many humble thanks in advance from a dot net surf. We have an vb application that opens multiple instances of IE object, each to different web pages.  It then takes information from the current record in the app, populates fields on each of the web pages, and them submits the forms.  We are then able to look at the resulting web pages and quickly get the info we're looking for.This prevents us from having to manually navigate to each web site, enter the same information and then wait for the page to open.  If there is ...

how to open a web page in form of a popup web page
Hello, I have two web pages, let say. Page A : With a Button on it. PAge B: with some info. Now I need to: When I click on the Button of page A.Page B must open in a pop up window.  I can do this but problem is this when I clicked on the button for first time it does not show me any thing and when I clicked on the button for second time then It shows me Page B .My code is as follow:  1 protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) 2 { 3 if (!this.Page.IsPostBack) 4 { 5 6 } 7 else 8...

Web forms and mobile web forms

Submitting data from a know web form to unknown web form
hi i m making a software in which i will submitt some data from a web page that will go to a web form of which contrlos are unknown to me only i know the name and how many controls in that form it means i can see the form only. how can i do this please help me soon with code plz its very argent.i m doin this wit the help of foxtrot.xray.WebRobot but its giving me error that this dll file is already exists in The file ('C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\_foxtrot.xray.WebRobot.dll' already exists).i don know what will do so please help me soon please thanks praveen We ca...

Read a remote web page with a form, fill the form & submit it
Hi,Is it possible to read a web page on some web site that contains a form. Then identify the fields in the forms.Then fills the fields with my data.and then submits the form as it submitted normally.I need to do this to automate my order processing.Thanks.  there is no need to automatically fill the form on the page hosting the form itself. most likely you just have to know the URL where the form is submitted ("action" attribute of the form) and the inputs of the form to be able to recreate a request, either by recreating the form on your page (populating the fiel...

Web Form vs. Web Content Form

Include web form inside web form

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

Web resources about - Can my web page with a form submit to other web pages forms? - asp.net.web-forms

Admins can now change their page URL without having to submit a request
Any Facebook page owner can now change a page’s vanity URL once without having to submit a request or work directly with a Facebook representative. ...

Lifesaver Submit on the App Store on iTunes
Get Lifesaver Submit on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

How to Submit a Demo for Matchmaking Academy - YouTube
Instructions on how to submit a demo for Matchmaking Academy, a viewer submitted demo review series: Matchmaking Academy Submission Guide: Send ...

Application of the Day: Guy Submits Snapchat Video Resume for Job at Snapchat
Elski Felson wants a job at Snapchat, but instead of submitting a traditional resume, he created one using the app. “Personally, I hate paper ...

Submit your questions for Supanova Game of Thrones panel
The raven arrived bearing a missive of great importance, a summoning before the great overlord of Westeros, Essos, and lands beyond.

Europe submits UN climate pledge, urges US, China to follow
The European Union submits its formal promise on how much it will cut greenhouse gas emissions to the United Nations ahead of climate change ...

Denmark submits gay marriage bill
DENMARK'S centre-left government has presented a bill in parliament that, if passed as expected, will enable gay people to marry in the state ...

Greece submits new debt proposals to Eurozone
Greece has submitted a detailed bailout request in a last-ditch effort to save its collapsing economy.

Accused forced fiancee to 'submit to his will', court told
... become, the court heard, "progressively more and more controlling, possessive and dominating", monitoring her constantly to ensure she "submitted ...

Pistorius prosecutor submits summary
Prosecutors in Oscar Pistorius's murder trial have handed a summary of their arguments to the judge as it moves into its final stages.