Can I hide a user control's control from the hosting page's client script?

Okay, my previous question was not unswered and I guess you can't hide a control's panel with server code then show it with client code.  Now this is what I try to do:  on the hosting page's onload event, call a function to hide the user control's penal.  Here is the deal: the user control was looped as many times as data required.  So the penals will be name mypanel1, my panel2, etc... that is not even a problem if I know if the following is true:

* Do all server codes finish running before the page get sent back to the client? Say the database gave me 5 penals, I can then determine how many times to call the panels to hide.
0
keystrokes

Yes, all the server code is run before the page is sent back to the client.
0
adaml

Label control's text doesn't appear to be set (in the page which has a user control )when trying to update the text property in the FormView's ItemUpdated event
Hi There,I have a user control which hosts a formview control, gridview control and a label control. The grid view is usedto show rows in the DB and when clicked to edit each row, a form view opens up in edit mode with that particular row info. So I have nothing in the item template.My first question is..is it mandatory to have smth in the itemtemplate of the form view.I have controls in edititemtemplate and insertitemtemplate.When a particular row is edited, I would like to show a status msg showing that the row has been updated.For this, I use the ItemUpdated event of the formview and try ...

Can I have a web user control call a method on the page it's parent page?
I'm building an application where I'm using serveral different controls on a page and as one of them causes a postback I may want the page to make changes to other controls.  Is there a way to either fire and event off from the control that the page could then capture or simply have the control call a method of it's parent page? Obviously the Page object is there to work with, but I can't seem to figure out how to specifically cast it as a specific page.  For real man, In your user control you need to create a public event which is raised by the event of the...

User Control Within UserControl
If I have a user control A and then inside it a user control B embedded/referenced within it.  User Control A has a panel defined (cpeNewUser) that I want to manipulate from the code behind of User Control B based on some event that happens.So putting this in my code behind of User Control B won't work as it has no idea of cpeNewUser:cpeNewUser.Collapsed = true;So is it because only at runtime they are married up and because of this you cannot access each other's objects at compile time?  How would I get this to work becuase I'm using all user controls inside a AJAX Too...

changes made from one user's webpart's page, effects all user's
 I am just doing this offline right now in Visual Web Developer Express 2008I created the login inonce in the memberpage area, people can modify their webpart page. I created several users to test this out.  I loaded it in a browser.When I make changes as logged in user "A" .  Then logout and login as user "B", user "B,s" webpart page has been changed to user "A".This goes true for whomever I log in as.  It changes for everyone.Is there something specific I need to do in order to get everyone's changes to be unique for them...

Can a User Control's Page_Load retrieve a value set in the parent's Page_Load?
I want to use a control to perform a specific task, but I want it to vary based on the page it is on. I was hoping to set a value in the Page_Load event of the Parent, and have that value retrieved by the Page_Load event of the user control. I am not sure what order these events fire in, Can I be certain that the parent event will fire first?...

User control can't access the parent page's public properties
Hi Guys I have built a page that is contained within a master page and it holds 2 user controls Control A contains a DataListControl B contains a FormView I want to pass the selected index from the DataList on Control A to the FormView on Control B so it acts like a master / detail scenario I created a public property on the page that contains both controls called DataListSelectedIndex A also created a public property for DataListSelectedIndex on the Control  I populate the DataListSelectedIndex property of the Control when the DataList_SelectedIndexChanged...

'Can't save web pages, Ctrl+S. 'Can save same pages from I.E
Name: Del Dyreson Email: drdyreson_at_earthlink.net Product: Firefox Summary: 'Can't save web pages, Ctrl+S. 'Can save same pages from I.E Comments: 'Can't save web pages, Ctrl+S. 'Can save same pages from I.E. I'm running Win2000Pro, Ver 5.0 (Build 2195, Service Pack 4). Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8.0.4) Gecko/20060508 Firefox/1.5.0.4 ...

How to set a Master Page's control's property through content page on a postback event?
Hi all, i m using a master page in my application. i have a panel on master page and a tab container with three tab panels on content page. i want to set/change  the visibility of the panel control when the tab is changed on the content page. By default the panel is invisible. To implement this i executed the following steps: 1. Set AutoPostBack of tacontainer to true 2. Wrote an event handler for ActiveTabIndexChanged event of the tab container 3 Wrote the following code on Tab changed event   if (TabContainerEmpPerformance.ActiveTabIndex == 1) { ...

how to control a RadioButtonList's Listitem's text show according database's field
Hi my page has a repeater control,in repeater has a RadioButtonList control now i want to let the RadioButtonList has four Listitem,every Listitem's text is a database's field so the listitem can show dynamic according every record how can i work out my problem thanks a lot  hello dearbound your RadioButtonList to database if i m not clear fell free 4 replySatyabrat SinghB.E.(C.Sc.)Web developer Livetek Solution Dont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. yes.i bound the radiobuttonlist to a dataset but how to display the ...

Setting a panel control's visibility and it's affect in nested controls.
I am trying to debug a page using the panel control.  The code in the final submission of the form has logic to get data from a dropdown based on the control's visibility.  If the control's visibility is set to true, the the data is retrieved and sent to the database.The problem appears to be the dropdown control's visibility is set to false when it should not.  The dropdown is nested in a panel control.  While doing a trace, it appears when a panel control's visibility is set to false, the visibility for all controls nested under this panel are set to false as well.You'r...

Access parent page's controls from a user control
I have a .ascx user control that contains a button. I place this user control on a .aspx web page. The web page contains a textbox. When I click on the button in the user control I want the data in the textbox (in the web page) to be saved to the database. I want to write this code in the click event of the user control's button. Is there any way I can access the parent web page's controls from the user control? Add event to user control which fires on page when button inside user control is clicked. view post 779045Jigar Desai-----------------------Do not forget to "Mark as Answer...

Accessing Parent's control form User Control?
Hi, I have a Webform and a User Control in it. The form has a panel and textbox in it. The User control has a button in it. Using that Button, I want to show/hide the panel. But, my issue is how to get access to Parent's controls (in this case, the parent control is Panel). Please advice. Thanks in advance. Easy... just make the controls you want to access in the Page public and then cast the Page in the control to the appropriate type and access the now public controls.... uhh??? got that ;-) Example: Page: Name MyPage Controls in MyPage: public System.Web.UI.WebCo...

Treeview control: how do you access client id's for each node's checkbox?
Is it possible to get the client id's for the checkboxes that are created by a treeview control?  I need to create some javascript that will manipulate the checked status of the boxes on the client side, but can not figure out how to determine the client id's for each checkbox. I am in a situation where the tree can have 4 levels of nodes, and they are not populated unless the user expands a node.  This causes the client id's to constantly change as they are numerically numbered from the top down. Thanks, Billy You can get the ClientID of a checkbox inside javascript as follow...

Web resources about - Can I hide a user control's control from the hosting page's client script? - asp.net.web-forms