Can I debug a v1.0 .net framework asp.net application by vs.net 2003?

Can I debug a v1.0 .net framework asp.net application by vs.net 2003?

I tried that, but vs.net 2003 returned an error message: "debugger is not properly installed"
0
k10k

I can't open .net web application from VS.NET 2003
I try to open one .net based web application from VS.Net 2003 in my Windows 2K server, get following error message "Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1" and also tried to command line command aspnet_iisreg /i and aspnet_iisreg /r but didn't work. Could somebody give me some idea to solve this issue? Thanks a lot! Check if iis is installed and running if yes then uninstall .Net Frame work and install it again. I got same error few months ago and solved it by using above option. Arvind Malik First, I would see if .Net Framework 1.1 is installed on your pc. Then, go to computer management (right click my computer - choose manage), check in IIS that your service is running and not stopped. It's under Services and Applications - Internet Imformation Services. Also, in IIS, be sure the app you are trying to open has it's Virtual directory. Under IIS, usually under defalt web sites, find the folder with your app. Right click, then properties, and where it says application name, if the button says create, the click it. If it says remove, then you are ok. I can't think of anything else to try other than reinstalling. You tried the iisreg already. I hope this helps a little, Zath I did uninstall iis server and vs.net 2003 and install IIS and vs.net 2003. But it still didn't work. The web application works if you type the url and can surf it. The proble is we can't edit ...

convert the web application from vs.net 2002 to vs.net 2003
hi how can i convert the web application from vs.net 2002 to vs.net 2003 and how i know that the application is made in vs.net 2002 and not in vs.net 2003 and thank for your time VS.NEt 2003 detects 2002 project format automatically when you try to open 2002 project with it. It also asks you if the project needs to be converted into 2003 format (if I remember right conversion must be done to use the project in 2003). If you say yes, it does the conversion and you don't have to do anything. Note that VS.NEt 2002 can't open 2003 projects.Thanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU thank you for your...

Hello,   I have a ASP.Net web application,written in VB.Net,developed on .Net Framework 1.0 .I am trying to port it on to .Net framework 1.1.   For achieving this,I follow the following steps-   1.Open the project using the .vbproj file. 2.I am prompted with the conversion message "Do you want to convert the solution and all projects to .Net framework  1.1....." 3.I click "Yes" 4.I assume that the project is now converted. 5.I build the project & try to run it. 6.I get the following error -     Server Error in '/Consert.Net' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load type CONsERT.Net.Global'.Source Error: Line 1: <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.vb" Inherits="CONsERT.Net.Global" %> Source File: e:\inetpub\wwwroot\Consert.Net\global.asax    Line: 1 Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573   My project includes aspx and vb files, as well as some crystal report files.   Can anyone please help me? This is almost certainly a namespace case issue. I can't believe that you have a namespace CONsERT. The FCL is case sensitive, even if VB.NET isn't, so check all of your namespace declarations,...

Can we run a .NET v1.1 application on a machine w/ .NET 2.0 framework?
Hi, We have a pretty sizeable ASP.NET application that we use to run the company. It's written in .net v1.1 and it's currently hosted by a Windows 2000 Server w/ .net framework v1.1. We are now upgrading our network, servers, etc. We will move the app to a Windows 2003 machine w/ .net framework v2.0. Should we expect any problems?Thanks,Sam The Framework versions will install side-by-side instead of one overwriting the other, so you should have no problems.   NC...   I believe that there will be an asp.net tab in the properties of an IIS application where you can pic...

.net framework 2.0 in vs.net 2003
I have installed .net framework 2.0 beta. I already have vs.net 2003. Is it possible for me to get all the features of .net framework 2.0 in vs.net 2003? no, it's not possible, but ASP.Net 2.0 will be 100% backward compatible with ASP.Net 1.1./Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitterMicrosoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCTASPInsidersMy Blog...

can i develop .net 3.0 application in .net 2005 framework
hi ,  can i develop .net 3.0 application in .net 2005 framework ..if so  wat are the steps to be follwed  do you mean .net 3.0 with visual studio 2005?you can. just download the visual studio 2005 extension for .net 3.0 from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=5D61409E-1FA3-48CF-8023-E8F38E709BA6&displaylang=en Hao PengLoving On-line Community I assume you are talking about developing .NET 3.0 apps with Visual Studio 2005?In general, VS2005 does not support .NET 3.0. Either move to Visual Studio 2008 or Visual Web Developer Express 2008 (whi...

vs.net 2002/2003 using .net framework 2.0 beta?
Can the Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2002 / 2003 using .net framework 2.0 beta? if can how todo?Thank You--some funny homemade software,http://www.geocities.com/lhcsoft2004/my software grouphttp://groups.yahoo.com/group/LauHanChingSoftware/ It cannot... as far as I know. how about change the "requiredRuntime version" value inside the devenv.exe.config file? can this work?Thank You--some funny homemade software,http://www.geocities.com/lhcsoft2004/my software grouphttp://groups.yahoo.com/group/LauHanChingSoftware/ Sorry, no.  Visual Studio .NET 2005 is required for the 2.0 .NET Fra...

How to use .NET framework 2.0(bete currently) in VS .net 2003?
Is it possiable using .net framework 2.0 in vs .net 2003, or both? No, you cannot use the .NET Framework 2.0 with VS.NET 2003.  You will need to use VS.NET 2005. or Visual Web Developer (or some other capable IDE).Terri MortonEngagement Manager, NeudesicHow to ask a question Thanks tmorton. But that's not good news,  does it mean all VS users need update(buy) the new product when the new .net framework released? why i'm feeling i'm getting into a traditional microsoft trap?  n1703005 wrote:Thanks tmorton. But that's not good news,  does it mean all VS users need ...

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

.NET 2.0 with VS .NET 2003
I installed .net 2.0 using vs .net 2003.how to configure my web application  with .net 2.0.Now .net 2.0 and .net 1.x both are installed on my pc.There is nothing ASP.NET tab in IIS folder properties.is it possiable to run it with .net 2.0 You should have a tab on your website config in IIS when you right click the site that allows you to choose which version to run. Either way it does not matter. .NET 2.0 is useless to you unless you write your site with VS 2005. .NET 2.0 for the most part is backwards compatible but there were a few breaking changes. If you were using something in yo...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
NET Framework 2.0 (CodeName: Whidbey) is the buzz word around and most of us would have installed the BETA versions to try our hands. However, after you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." This Article explains the scenario and provides the solution for the same. Hope it helps.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
..NET Framework 2.0 (CodeName: Whidbey) is the buzz word around and most of us would have installed the BETA versions to try our hands. However, after you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." This Article provides the solution for the same. Thanks.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
Help! Oh man, Im confused now... I didn't realize that the .net framework 2.0 wouldn't work through VS 2003... when I installed it, it killed my ability to debug on my local server.  Went to IIS, changed my folder properties to .net 2.0, still didnt' work... (which is when I looked here for info and realized that I can't use the 2.0 framework until I get a copy of VS 2005) So... I uninstalled .net framework 2.0 and went back to IIS and changed the ASPNET folder properties back to framework 1.1 and STILL I can't debug... I tried the "start without debugging" option and my webserver say...

Can I go from VS .NET 2003 to Visual Basic .NET 2003?
Hi, I just developed a commercial application using the trial version of Visual Studio .NET 2003.  My trial is about to expire.  I was hoping .NET 2.0 would be released by now, but that is obviously months away so I'm wondering if I could save a few hundred bucks by buying Visual Basic .NET 2003(around $110 i think) instead of having to buy Visual Studio .NET 2003, which I believe is up around $600 or so.   All my code is Visual Basic, so that's why I'm thinking that's all I need.  And it's mostly web development that I do if that matters.  T...

Can I buy VB .NET 2003 instead of VS .NET 2003?
Hi if I code my web applications using just Visual Basic can I buy Visual Basic .NET 2003 instead of having to buy the whole Visual Studio .NET 2003?  Will that work the same?  Thanks Hi,     When I got VB.NET 2003, it included VS.NET 2003 (Standard Edition).  I don't think there is a version of VB.NET 2003 that doesn't include VS.NET as the IDE.  While there are some projects templates that are not include in the standard edition, you still have the ASP.NET web application, web service, win forms, etc..., projects available.  If you are asking...

Can i unstall vs.net 2002 after upgrading to vs.net 2003
Can I unsatll visual studio .net 2002 after using the upgrade to visual studio .net 2003. Thers seems to be two version in my programs list. I would like to free up the hard disk space from the previous install. In brief does the upgrade install which appears to be independent of the 2002 install rely on the 2002 install. In my programs I can run 2002 or 2003. However my machine is an older notebook that has limeted hard disk space. thanks in advance Charles Beasley Please replace "unstall" and "unsatll" with the word "uninstall" and in general excu...

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ? #2
Hi, After you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." Please check My Article on this issue and the resolution for the same. Comments are welcome. Thanks. regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Access .Net 2.0 Application from .Net 2.0 Web Site
I need to populate a specific form in a .Net desktop application from a .net web application.  Is there an easy way to go about this? Hi, Based on my understanding, you want to start an executable application from your ASP.NET websit, right? We can invoke Process.Start method (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.diagnostics.process.start.aspx) to launch an executable application from ASP.NET application. Note: Please keep in mind, the ASP.NET application is running on the server, so it will start the executable application that exists in the server.   I look...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

Run application (with Framework .net 1.1) in Framework .net 2.0
Dear All Is it possible to make the application built in Framework .net 1.1 to run in Framework .net 2.0 or to install it in Framework .net 2.0 without modifying its codes? I was told that it will not be compatible, but I tried to run it in .net 2.0 and it can be run successfully. But I have not fully tested it. But if I open it in VS2005, it will give me a lot of errors and warning. So I wonder can I just run it in .net 2.0 without touching its code. By the way, I found that there are v1.0.3705 and v2.0.50727 in my C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework. I have already uninstall ...

Web resources about - Can I debug a v1.0 .net framework asp.net application by vs.net 2003? - asp.net.web-forms

NZ doctor Alan Kenny flooded with 'trash' applications for $370k job
The New Zealand GP who couldn't find a doctor to take up a $NZ400,000 ($370,000) position at his practice has been inundated with "trash" applicants ...

NZ doctor Alan Kenny flooded with 'trash' applications for $370k job
The New Zealand GP who couldn't find a doctor to take up a $NZ400,000 ($370,000) position at his practice has been inundated with &quot;trash&quot; ...

Western Digital Introduces Its First Helium-Filled HDDs for Consumer Applications
... two models with 10 TB capacity. This week Western Digital unveiled the world’s first family of helium-filled HDDs designed for consumer applications, ...

NASA just smashed its record for astronaut applications—18,000+
... excitement about the future of NASA, with the space shuttle soon to debut, was palpable. So when the space agency called for astronaut applications, ...

Introducing Analytics for Google Cast Applications
... Engineer on the Google Cast Server Infrastructure Team As a Google Cast developer, you may be wondering how many devices access your application, ...

Oklahoma: Concealed Carry Permit Applications Surge Following Obama’s Gun Control
... State Bureau of Investigation numbers suggest gun control talk and Pres. Obama's gun controls contributed to surging concealed carry applications. ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 27% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 4.8 percent from one week earlier, ...

Review: 5 application security testing tools compared
Users weigh in on favorite features, room for improvement. Application security is arguably the biggest cyber threat , responsible for 90 percent ...

Mortgage applications fall 4.8%
Low mortgage rates are no longer a novelty, hence no longer a sudden incentive for mortgage borrowers.