 Is it possibly to have an asp.net 2.0 application call/invoke a windows desktop application written in .NET 2.0?

We have a .NET 1.0 windows desktop application that was written in C#. We also have a new .NET intranet web application written in asp.net 2.0. Is it possibly to have a button on the web application that when pressed will invoke the .NET 1.0 windows application? And then if someone closes the application, it will return control back to the ASP.NET 2.0 application?

0
AppDevForMe

 Are you referring to running a WinForms application on the server or on the client PC? You imply it is on the client PC.

Generally speaking, you will be creating a security nightmare trying to get your suggested arrangement to work.

Why not include the required functionality within your web site?

TATWORTH
7/25/2007 9:55:48 PM

I agree with what you are saying 100% making it web based is a better approach.

0
AppDevForMe

How to call a windows based application through a web based application
 Hi All, I am using a web based application in which i need a particular windows based application at a given time when the user wants it. But i am not able to link them. Plz give any solution Ok this will be a good game for you. Go to the local computer whose windows application is to be accessed. Go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Component Services, browse to Component Services->My COmputer ->DCOM Config -> Here select your application..right click it..select properties...click security tab...access permission...customize...edit....in access permission ...

how to make a phone call in VB.NET web based application
I am developing a ASP.NET & VB.NET web application and i want to dial a number using my phone through application.................what i mean is that the number to be dialed will be provided from the application and my phone should dial that number.........Can any one tell me how can i do that????? Can you link your phone to your PC or will you do this via a modem? I will link my phone with the pc and not with the help of modem................. Did anyone has answer of above Don't think all of the phone support this.   i am facing the same problem can one help me...

I can't open .net web application from VS.NET 2003
I try to open one .net based web application from VS.Net 2003 in my Windows 2K server, get following error message "Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1" and also tried to command line command aspnet_iisreg /i and aspnet_iisreg /r but didn't work. Could somebody give me some idea to solve this issue? Thanks a lot! Check if iis is installed and running if yes then uninstall .Net Frame work and install it again. I got same error few months ago and solved it by using above option. Arvind Malik First, I would see...

How to call .net web service from Java web application?
Hi all,  I have a vb .net web service.How do i call .net web service from Java web application?What all resources I need?Can you please provide a sample application where a java application is invoking methods of .net web service? Thank you Hi, First I am not familiar with java language, but web services are universal operating system and language independent. It doesn't matter where the services is or in what language is written you just invoke it  and it gives you "replay".  Probably you must reffer to java consuming web services.   Regard...

Converting a VS 2005 Web Application to a VS .NET 2003 Web Application
Well it seems that I am going against the stream here, but one of our clients wants the web application I wrote in Visual Studio 2005 to be deployed using Visual Studio .NET 2003. What's the best way to go about this without rewriting the whole dang thing? I would probably create a new 2003 project, copy all of your aspx and other files into it, attempt a build and see what happens.  If you didn't use a lot of the new controls (like membership, personalization, masterpages etc, then you will probably be ok with just minor changes.  If you did rely on a lot of the newer c...

How to extract xml file from window application to web application in .net
hi..i have two software solutions both in .net one is desktop and another is web application.And i want to transfer data between these application using xml. In desktop solution i have created a xml schema and create a xml document that conforms to that schema.XML doucment is created which contains the data.Now i have to extract this xml document into my web application and store the data of this xml file into my database and vice versa. So tell me what are the different methods to get the document from desktop to web and from web to desktop.Actaully i am not much aware of this type i...

How do I have a web based Client Side Application in .net?
 Is there any way to do this in .net?  Have a Client Side Web Based Client Side application.  similar to Page Designers in VB6? Is it possible?  ORLets say your app was server side but the client lost network connection somehow how would you take the data in the form and resend it when the server came back?   Rico Rodriguez Doesn't really work like that. Most web applications are stateless, but with ASP.NET you can do things to help with that. If someone wanted to run ASP.NET on their client, they'd have to have IIS installed - something most u...

Unable to open existing Web application or create web application from Visual Studio.Net
I reinstalled MS office this morning. All of sudden, I can neither open existing web application nor create new Web application. The symptom is the same as described in thread: http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=417541 or http://www.dotnetcoders.com/web/Articles/ShowArticle.aspx?article=57 Tried every suggestion. Still can't do anything. When I tried to check server extention, I got following error message: can't open file "fontpg.lck" for writing Do anyone has any suggestion? Could anyone tell me what permission should I set? I added A...

using non .net DLL in .net web application
Is it possible to use a non .NET DLL in a .NET web application ?I have a vb.net web application, and I am thinking of purchasing a pascal DLL to use in it.  I am not sure if its possible, or if there are any downsides?  I really don't want to run anything that could cause any problems or complications.Thanks! mike123 Yes, it's perfectly possible to use non-.NET DLLs. The way to do it is called Interop. If you Google for that, you'll find plenty on it.  just add reference ... compile ....and use...Please click Mark as Answer on this post if it helps y...

Web resources about - Can a .NET web based intranet application call a windows based .NET application? - asp.net.web-forms

ACT development application volume falls between 2015 and 2014
Development applications dropped in the ACT in 2015 compared with 2014, year-end government figures show.

Patent application shows Apple Watch band that transforms into a case, stand and Mac accessory
An Apple patent application published today reveals an idea for an interesting variation on the magnetically-closed Milanese Loop band that allows ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 19% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications sink after rush