Calling local client apps via web form/web app.

Hello all,

I am not sure if this is the correct area to ask this, so excuse me if

I posted in wrong area.

I'm a bit of a newbie to this but I was wondering if I can call a local app.
via a web application.  A friend suggested looking into ActiveX controls,
but I am not familiar with them.  Also what other alternatives are there
beside using ActiveX? I read about using Flex and Applets but again I don't
know which would be my best option and what kind of security issues I may be
dealing with?  If anyone can inform me or suggest a reference or book I
would appreciate it.
I would like to add I am working in a .Net 2.0 environment using VS2005 and
C# to build web forms.

 Thank you for any information.

0
durango2008

 you can do this with flash or silverlight apps or activeX but it is not recomended to do this because it may be identified as a suspecious behavior.

سیستم آموزش مجازی
سیستم مدیریت کتابخانه دیجیتال
وستا
گزارش ساز
0
Mojtaabaa

conver a windows forms app into a aspx web forms app
Hi, i remember reading somewere that a windows forms application can be "translated" to web forms application in .Net. ¿Is that true?. ¿How can I do it?¿does it work in visual studio 2003? Thanks a lot! Mikel There is no automatic wizard that will convert an ASP.NET app to WinForms, or a WinForms app to ASP.NET.  However, a number of the concepts are similar between the two models and you will be able to re-use all of your non-UI specific code.  The broader .NET Framework class library is also the same.Hope this helps you  If y...

Web Apps vs. Web Sites (was: Universal Navigation for Web Apps)
On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 12:58 PM, Justin D'Arcangelo <justindarc@gmail.com>wrote: > there needs to be a differentiation between > web sites and web *apps*. > While we might be able to describe characteristics that conceptually separate a "web site" from a "web app", I think in reality they will exist on a continuum. Chris Jones is right that we need more data from actual app developers on this, but I can provide some anecdotal evidence by telling the story of a web app I worked on which got listed in a web app store. I worked on a web-b...

convert java web app 2 .NET web app
Hi, i am able to convert java console app to .NET console app.but i am unable to convert java web based application to .NET web based application. can u give me some idea as to how to convert that. Thanks in advance,nizam. I believe the technical phrase is.. rtfm?  lol.  you're going to have to do it the hard way.  JSP operates on a different theory of web development than asp.net/asp.net 2.0Kay LeeMySpace.com - http://www.myspace.com/kragieInfrastructure GroupMySpace.com- Code to live, but Live to code. Try these two links for sample code and free book from Microsoft, ...

web web web

Web forms and mobile web forms

How to use a web user control from one web app in another web app?
I have a production web app project (at work) that has custom web user controls in it.I have another web app project for experimenting and I want to use some web controls from the production web app. The big trick is that I need to load the controls dynamically.LoadControl() doesn't seem to work - it complains about loading controls from a different application. I also tried adding a project reference to the production web app and using "UC1 newUC = new UC1();" and then "this.Controls.Add(newUC);", but the controls (like TextBoxes) on the web user control don't seem to exist on the new UC1s....

Web app and Windows Forms app
I've done a lot of .NET web development, but I'm trying to write a Forms App.  I'm trying to populate a GridView Control with a simple "SELECT *" query, but I'm not having any luck.  I keep getting this error:"An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections." I enabled remote connections on my SQL Server, then as a test I built a local web app that conne...

Using Server.Redirect I am calling a web form. When I close the new form, the app closes.
How do I prevent closing the web application when I only want to close the form I have just opened?  I am using a linkbutton to open the new form.  It opens fine but when I close that form, the web application closes also.  any suggestions? D   Hi, and welcome to the ASP.NET forums. A Server.Redirect only tells your browser to retrieve a new webform and stays in the same browser so the behavior you're experiencing is correct. What behavior do you want to achieve? Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark a...

Regular web app or Mobile web app.
Im targeting PocketPCs only (w/PocketIE). I changed the web.config to cookieless="true" and placed buttons with events. Im getting the postbacks and everything looks good so far... Can we just use this intead of the mobile web app project? Whats the difference? Duke You can use either a regular Web app or a mobile app, presuming you are targeting ONLY Pocket IE. Pocket IE accepts HTML.Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog...

Include web form inside web form

Web resources about - Calling local client apps via web form/web app. - asp.net.web-forms

Calling Dr. Death - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Calling Dr. Death (1943) is the first of the Universal Pictures Inner Sanctum mystery films . The "Inner Sanctum" franchise originated with a ...

List of country calling codes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of country calling codes defined by ITU-T recommendations E.123 and E.164 , also called IDD ( International Direct Dialling ) ...

Calling Batman: Bane Takes Over Ecko Unlimited Facebook Page
Bane, the villain in upcoming Batman feature film The Dark Knight Rises , turned his criminal mind toward the Ecko Unlimited Facebook page , ...

Facebook Video Calling - Facebook
Bring your conversations to life on Facebook. With face-to-face video calling, now you can watch your friends smile, wink and LOL. To get started, ...

Facebook’s Talktime program in India pays new mobile users in calling credit
... Facebook has launched its Talktime program in India which gives every new user who signs up with a mobile device 50 Rupees (almost $1) in calling ...

Berlin Calling (@neuraum) on Twitter

Calling all foodies: Here comes @TwitterFood
There are many thousands of food-related Tweets people send on Twitter each day – Tweets about meals, ingredients, favorites, recipes and dining ...

Rounds Video Calling + Chat for iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad ...
Get Rounds Video Calling + Chat on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Video Calling Coming to WhatsApp Soon: Report
... images show WhatsApp working on a prototype video call feature. Facebook Inc. ( NASDAQ:FB )-owned WhatsApp could soon introduce video calling ...