C# code behind variable in client side javascript

Is there a way to add a code behind variable to a javascript: window.open command in the NavigateURL or DataNavigateUrlFormatString of Hyperlink Columns and Bound Hyberlink columns?

mbowles

view post 1039
Sushila Bowalekar Patel
Visual ASP/ASP.NET MVP
http://weblogs.asp.net/sushilasb
-1
SushilaSB
8/4/2003 1:40:55 PM
How about inside a plain client side window.open call in javascript?
-1
mbowles
8/4/2003 4:37:53 PM
view post 1034
Sushila Bowalekar Patel
Visual ASP/ASP.NET MVP
http://weblogs.asp.net/sushilasb
1
SushilaSB
8/4/2003 4:40:06 PM
Thanks a ton!

1
mbowles

Calling a Form Code-Behind function using Javascript from the Client Side
Hi,Is there any way to call a function in the form codebehind from the client side using javascript? If yes, how? How to send parameters?Thanks. Try reading this article.  It is kind of the opposite of what you are trying to do but maybe it will help.http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1027513&page=1Hope this helps,MattADV Enterpriseswww.adventerprises.net do a view source on the page and you most liekly will see a do post back function. You can call that with JavaScript and it forces the page back. You can send parameters back by placing them inside of hidden form e...

Updateting Server side variable through javascript or how can i user Javascript variable in server side C# ?
 Hi I am new for web development. I wasted fewdays but I am not able to figureout following problem.1. I have Javascript variable I want to use in Server side C# is it possible ?2. If above is not possible if i declare variable in C#  and is it possible to update through Javascript ?As I am new for web development Please give me sample code for example it will be very easy for me to understand. If  both way possible please explain me both way. Thanks in anticipationHarshad   Yes it is possible to get the value of your javascript variable in C#. here's how:1. In...

how to asign javascript variable to c#.net variable in javascript

Atlas client side control value available to server side C# code behind
I have an existing ASP.NET application. The page contains a datagrid (asp:datagrid). In my current C# code behind, I fetch data from SQL Server 2005 and bind to the datagrid when a button is selected (Click event). There can be many entires in the grid however, so the user typically enters text in a textbox as a filter on the returned results from SQL Server 2005. Now after studying an Atlas sample animalservice http://atlas.asp.net/docs/atlas/doc/data/default.aspx, with an HTML suggestion text box, I would like to use client-side Atlas to give the user a better indication of...

validate web form entries via textbox again in the C# (code-behind) code again
I have requiredfieldvalidators, comparevalidators and a regualarexpressionvalidator for the email on my login form for the textboxes. My question is do I have to check in the C# to make sure the textboxes have values and if so what does a experienced programmer think of my code. What would you change??? Are the if statements the way to go??? Thanks for making me a better coder................newbieprotected void LoginButton_Click(object sender, EventArgs e){string emailAddress = String.Empty;string password = String.Empty;if (!String.IsNullOrEmpty(TextBoxEmailAddress.Text)){emailAddress = Te...

Web Forms Designer error
Hi, The web forms designer keeps adding things in a generated InitializeComponent() method. I believe these things shouldn't be there because I've made a new webform with the same code that doesn't add the same stuff. Is there anyway I can see the Web Designer code? Thanks. Just expand out the hidden #region. It is labeled Web Form Designer CodeStarting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog...

SQL client coding with C# and Writing web service codes with C#
Hi all, Can anybody give me the best link to learn the below topics 1. SQL client coding with C# 2. Writing web service codes with C# thanks in advace bijujoseph:2. Writing web service codes with C# check out below link > Step by step tutorial > Creating a Windows Service in C# how to create and install win service / setup > CodeProject: Windows Services in Action I. Free source code and programming articles and this one is a simple example which is a b'day schedular using window service > Birthday Wish Scheduler in C#hope ithelps./. Thanx, [Kausha...

executing server side code and client side (javascript) code simultaneously while clicking a button
how to execute server side code and client side (javascript) code simultaneously while clicking a button in asp.net. You can't. When clicking a button: the client-side executes, the page does a PostBack, then the server-side executes.NC... what if i want to update a database and then open a new windows is it possible with Jscript.net?...

Passing a client-side javascript variable to server code
Greetings, I have a GridView that shows stock orders with custom "selecting" functionality (all the interaction is done on the client side, via global javascript variables).  When the user 'selects' a row in the GridView by clicking on a row, no server calls are made.  When a row is 'selected' the user has the option of hitting another button that Removes the order from the server's database.  I have a Web Service that takes the OrderID (a string) and deletes the order from the trading system.  I have the OrderID of the currently "selec...

Running javascript client side code from a web server control
Hi, I need to execute some client side javascript code from an asp.net server side control. For example, in an asp.net button server control I have code for server side click event and also code for onclientclick property. However, the code in the onclientclick property does not run. What is the correct way to execute javascript code from an asp.net server control? Regards, Sandyhttp://www.thequinn.infohttp://www.sksdataservices.comhttp://www.infobasket.info What you want to do actually? You can add attributes to the server control on page_load or use the ClientScript blocks. To add attr...

Acessing variables, objects and functions from javascript to VB .NET Web Forms
I have included some javascript files in my vb.net application. I want to access the variables, objects and functions of Javascript to the VB.NET Web Forms, which means that I want to transfer the methods from Javascript to the code-behind in a web form. How do I do this? Can anybody help me with some sample codes...thanks in advance . you can't pass javascript variables (client side) to code-behind (server side). you can however put your variables into hidden input fields then access those input fields from code-behind. or use ajax I think the only way to do this is...

javascript code using c# code behind
I have a javascript function on html page between , tag. But I want to write that script function on code behind language using C#. In other words I want to move that javascript function on html page to c# code behind language. Can anybody help me please?  You can make use of RegisterStartupScript like  Dim current As ScriptManager = ScriptManager.GetCurrent(Me.Page) If current IsNot Nothing AndAlso current.IsInAsyncPostBack Then ScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript(Me, Me.GetType(), "__AddJS", ";function test() { alert('Test'); }&...

server side variables in client side javascript
I want to use an ASP.net variable in client side javascript.In regular asp I used hidden fields.what is the best way to do this in ASP.NET ?thx,Intersee my blog at www.Interdevelopments.com and check the future of open mobile widget solutions at www.glowe.org By and large, I personally still use Hidden fields to store information, that either my Javascript function or my code-behind use.  I barely use the RegisterScriptBlock method(s) and that is only for situations where I want to be really dynamic with the client side functionality.  95% of the time, I can still use a...

Web resources about - C# code behind variable in client side javascript - asp.net.web-forms

JavaScript SDK - Facebook-Entwickler
Overview The JavaScript SDK provides a rich set of client-side functionality for accessing Facebook...