Bold Text For Selected text in Text Box

Hi Everyone

I have a small thing to do [at this time , very big for me]. I want to make some text string as bold which appears in a text box control for the web. It means some of the portion of the string will be bold and some will be in the normal font style. Can anyone suggest any idea to accomplish this task.

[I know that we can set the font weight property for the whole text box and all the text appears in the selected font-weight]

Any suggestions.

Baber

Baber Saeed
Software Engineer
PalmChip, Pakistan
Toll Free: 0800-000-13 Ext:494
Cell: 0300-6438634
0
baber777

Standard TextBox that comes with ASP.NET cannot do this.  You'll need to get some third-party Rich Text control if you want this functionality.  Do a search for Rich Text in this thread or google it.  You should get plenty of results.
0
jcasp

How do I block a user from entering text in a text box if they type text in another text box?
I have two text boxes, and want the user to complete one or the other.  How can I "grey out" one text box if a user starts typing in the other textbox?  Never make important decisions on a Monday! You can use the OnTextChanged event of the textboxes and write Javascript for both textboxes to disable the other textbox when the user starts to type in something in one textbox. The only problem with that is that once the user starts to type in something in one text box the other textbox gets disabled and locks up, so now the user HAS TO compulsarily type what he wants in th...

bold text in text box ??
Hi all,I am using following code to display word file in text box  Dim wordApp As New Word.ApplicationClass()               Dim nullobj As Object = System.Reflection.Missing.Value        Dim doc As Word.Document = wordApp.Documents.Open(Session("resumepath"))        Dim doc1 As Word.Document = wordApp.ActiveDocument        Dim m_Content As String = doc1.Content.Text        tx...

selecting text in a text box
To set the focus to a text box I use "textbox1.focus". Is tyhere a way to select automaticly the content of that text box when I set the focus?.   When you say "automatically select the content of the text box when I set focus," what are you trying to do (copy it to the clipboard, etc.)?Ryan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThttp://ryanolshan.comHow to ask a question mytextinput.select()  Peter BrunoneMS MVP, ASP.NETFounder, EasyListBox.comDo the impossible, and go home early. tried this, it worked fine, below is updated and for C# Thanks ClientScript.Re...

Text as text
Name: JohnA Boice Email: jaboiceathughesdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Text as text Comments: You need to do as Safari does and make ALL text, including buttons, links, bookmarks, and general page text actual text so screen readers can interpret and voice the text. Until this occurs, your products are a real pain to use. And I have limited sight. What about those with less or no sight? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 ...

Selecting text on entering a text box
Hi,  I have many text boxes in my project. I know I can use the following code to select any text in the text box upon entering it:   Private Sub TextBoxTMax_Enter(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles TextBox_TMax.Enter        TextBox_TMax.SelectionStart = 0        TextBox_TMax.SelectionLength = TextBox_TMax.Text.Length   End Sub  I could write one of these for each text box, but there must be a way to do it for all the text boxes on my form with fewer line...

Dropdown selected index and text box text not getting reflected on web page
 Hi All,I have to bind the pre inserted data to the web page.Page has drop down lists and text boxes.I am using the following methods to bind these controls: 1. Drop down list:                            int index = dropDownList.Items.IndexOf(dropDownList.Items.FindByValue(value));                                 dropDownList.SelectedIndex = ind...

Programmatically Select Text in a Text Box
Does anyone have an example of how to programmatically select text in a Web control on a Web form, in much the same way it can be done using SelStart and SelLength with a Windows form.Thanks...

Text problem
Name: Alex Email: vengeance.mx_at_gmail.com Product: Minefield Summary: Text problem - bold text overlaps plain text Comments: Here's a screenshot that should give you the general idea of what's wrong - bold text (and I think hypertext, possibly other types of text, too) overlap plain text on my Mac. It's been like this since Firefox 1.5 and has never been fixed: http://www.birchlabs.co.uk/OverlappingText.png Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20061031 Minefield/3.0a1 ...

Check if the text box "text" has changed (RePost from web forms forum)
Greetings! How can i know if the "text" inside of a text box has changed? For example, I currently have this: if (txtMU.TextChanged()) { } But this does not work. The other idea I had was to assign the existing value of the text box to a string and then when the user click the save button I can create a conditional statement to compare the original string with the new string. However, I would like something more effective as I have like 12 text boxes to compare. Thanks, EduardoThanks,Please Mark this post as answered if it was helpful. Here is the easiest way that I have ...

Passing Text of a text box in child form to a label in parent form
Hi Elite People !! I have a parent form with a number of ASP Labels and Buttons. Each ASP Label has a ASP Button next to it. What I want to acheive is when you click the button, it should open a new window with a ASP multiline text box and a "save" button. User can enter the text in the text box and when they click the SAve button, the Text in the text box of the Child window should be displayed in the label on the parent form.  I am successfully able to do this when I have a Text Box in the Parent form, but my requirement is to use Labels on the Parent Form. I am ...

Text Box
Hello.. I have a text box which it's standard, default Text says: "Search Here". I'd like the text box to clear out when someone clicks on it to enter an search item. Is this possible? Thanks.. -Jeff   Sounds like you need one of these blighters:http://www.asp.net/ajax/ajaxcontroltoolkit/samples/TextBoxWatermark/TextBoxWatermark.aspxIt's a control in the AJAX.NET Control Toolkit. You'll have to download a bunch of stuff (details are on the website), but on the upside, you get a shed full of nice AJAX-enabled web controls to play with.Have fun!David try...

HELP: I need to bold some text in a text box.
I am using SSRS to generate letters to be sent out for my company.  I have run into a few problems and some I was able to solve with work arounds but this one I am having the most difficulty with. I have a text box with like a paragraph of text and I want to have just a few words within the paragraph to be bolded.  There are some parts that I needed underlined so I used a rectangle to encapsulate a word i needed underlined and then set the rectangle bottom border to solid and then sent it behind the text box.  Which will create a fake underline for the report. but as for bol...

How to have text selected in text box when focus is set on it?
I have a text box with text in it by default. How can I get that text to be selected automatically when the user reaches that text box or even clicks in that text box? This is so that when they start writing the default text in the text box is automatically replaced and they don't have to select and erase it manually. ThanksUsing Visual Studio 2005. Language: C#  The AJAX Control Toolkit's Watermark extender provides a way for you to have 'default text'.  Otherwise, adding a client side "onfocus='this.select()'" will work too.Please remember to &...

Web resources about - Bold Text For Selected text in Text Box - asp.net.web-forms

Portal:Law/Nominate/Selected article - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Add the article in to a subpage of this portal, such as Portal:Law/Selected article/# , replacing the "#" with the number above the current highest. ...

F8: Facebook’s FbStart Initiative Will Give Selected Developers A $30K Kick-Start
... successful applications is likely a whole lot easier with $30,000 in free tools and services to start off with, and that’s exactly what selected ...

LEGO Shop - The LEGO Technic team has selected the winner... - Facebook
The LEGO Technic team has selected the winner of the Co-Creation Challenge! LEGO will be producing a limited run of 20,000 of this stunning set.... ...

baby365- Grand Doctor Ma Selected Students for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get baby365- Grand Doctor Ma Selected Students on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Selected Cheney Vice Presidential Photographs
... for photos found within these albums are Paul Morse, Karen Ballard, Kimberlee Hewitt, Shealah Craighead, and Chris Greenberg. These selected ...

[iOS Advice] How To Clarify Your Email Replies By Quoting Selected Text - YouTube
Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macmixing Like my Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/macmixing RATE, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE! :-) ...

Local farmers to sell their fresh dates at selected supermarkets
Fresh dates will be on sale this summer under the label of Local Harvest at selected supermarkets and Spinney's.

Animal of the Day: Lucius Has Been Selected as the U.K.’s ‘Happiest Cat’
He’s got one blue eye, one green eye and a heart of gold. British mobile phone company O2 recently held some “cat auditions” to find “the UK’s ...

Michael Sam becomes first openly gay player selected in an NFL Draft
Defensive end Michael Sam of the University of Missouri became the first openly gay player to be selected in a National Football League Draft ...

Artist facing child pornography charges selected for MCA exhibition
An artist facing child pornography charges has been selected to show work in a prestigious exhibition at the Museum of Contemporary Art Australia. ...