BMI Web Form need help

Edited by SomeNewKid. Please post code between <code> and </code> tags.

I have create a BMI web form from a tutorial, and am having trouble getting the output right.
Here is the code I used with two text boxes and a submit button:
-----------------------------------
Sub btnSubmit_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs)

'find out person's height and weight
Dim h as Integer = height.Text
Dim w as Integer = weight.Text
'Calculate the person's BMI
Dim BMI as Double
BMI = (w / (h * h)) * 703
'Output the BMI value
Response.Write(*Your BMI is * & BMI)
End Sub

The error is occuring on the response.write line.
I would love to write it to a web label control, but am not a coder.
Could someone please help?
scottt40
Thanks Scott
0
scottt40

Thanks anyway, I did fix the error:  The text was not in quotes after the response.write tag.

Although I am not quite a kid, I am absolutely new to the coding thing.
You can view the above page at: http://db.tomassetti.net/bmicalculator.aspx
I would really like to put the output of this page in a label under the submit button.
Help!
SomeNewKid
Thanks Scott
0
scottt40

just place a Label control on your webform give it some ID like LabelBMI and in your code replace the response.write statement with this:
LabelBMI.Text = BMI.ToString()
Grz, Kris.

XIII
6/27/2004 1:07:23 PM
Thanks Kris:  I did get it to work, but not the way you suggested.  Look in the example:

Sub btnSubmit_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs)
'find out person's height and weight
Dim h as Integer = height.Text
Dim w as Integer = weight.Text
'Calculate the person's BMI
Dim BMI as Double
BMI = (w / (h * h)) * 703
'Output the BMI value
bmiLabel.text = "Your BMI is " & BMI
End Sub

Edit by moderator - NetProfit: modified code tags --> <code></code>

Thanks Scott
0
scottt40

nice that you could get it to work. I was showing you how you could use the Text property. When you code in VB.NET always make sure that you have Option Explicit set to On (Option Explicit Statement).
Grz, Kris.

XIII

Web forms and mobile web forms

Need HELP with adding a System.Windows.Forms control to web form!
Howdy folks. I'm in need of some help. I wanted to add a nifty little Control I made for a Windows Form to an ASP.NET page. Now I went and saw Microsoft's quickstart tutorial, and followed the example... You know, compile it to .dll... blah, blah, blah, then use the <OBJECT> tag to insert it into the page. Well, I did all that... the control downloads... but I can't see a thing! :'( For example, here's some code ~ using System; using System.Windows.Forms; using System.Drawing; using System.Reflection; [assembly:AssemblyVersion("1.0.0.0")] ...

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

Web Form vs. Web Content Form

Include web form inside web form

Strange output in web form after web form is displayed.
   I have been using a web user control for over a week now with no problems. I am now getting strange output in my web form after my controls display on the page. Below is the strange output. Can anyone tell me what is wrong here? Note I did not include it all because it is quite large.   Request Details Session Id: l5b5vkazucfatba4oliaw1vi Request Type: POST Time of Request: 9/10/2007 4:59:59 PM Status Code: 200 Request Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8) Response Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8) Trace Information Category Message From First(s) F...

Web resources about - BMI Web Form need help - asp.net.web-forms

Form - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Form is the shape , visual appearance , constitution or configuration of an object. In a wider sense, the form is the way something is or happens, ...

ISIS: Camp Bucca during Iraq war helped form terrorist group
IN 2004, an unremarkable man was led into a desert compound run by the US military in southern Iraq where around 1000 others milled around in ...

Planned Parenthood shooting 'a form of terrorism fuelled by abortion debate'
The attack at a Colorado Planned Parenthood clinic was 'a form of terrorism' that suggested the abortion debate in the United States needed to ...

Pope Francis visits Nairobi slum, hits out at 'new forms of colonialism'
Pope Francis delivered his sharpest remarks yet on his first trip to Africa.

Uber forms safety board, hopes to restore faith in its drivers
Filed under: Green , Transportation Alternatives Uber's new safety board includes a representative from the National Network to End Domestic ...

Einstein’s relativity theory explained in cartoon form by Doctor Who
Today, November 25, marks the 100th anniversary of German physicist Albert Einstein’s world-changing theory of general relativity, described ...

Australian gay men form a ‘Dallas buyers club’ for getting PrEP
As in every nation in the world other than the US (and soon France), Truvada has not been approved in Australia for pre-exposure prophylaxis ...

ex-Slayer drummer Dave Lombardo forms Dead Cross with members of The Locust & Retox
... by Taylor Keahey) Dead Cross is a punk band, first and foremost; they haven't recorded anything yet (bearing in mind that they literally formed ...

Contemporary Art Greets Passengers at Paris-Orly Airport in the Form of a Giant Fresco by Jean-Charles ...
Because an airport is a place of encounters and emotion, A&eacute;roports de Paris (Paris:ADP) (OTC Pink:AEOPF) has partnered with Jean-Charles ...

Climate change is a form or terror (Opinion) - CNN.com
Two Degrees: On the eve of COP21 climate talks in Paris, CNN's John D. Sutter says global warming is a longer-term form of terrorism, one we're ...