Bad sequence of commands. The server response was: This mail server requires authentication. Please check your mail client settings.

try

{

MailMessage message = new MailMessage();

message.From =

new MailAddress("amrit@eastlandindia.com");

message.To.Add(

"eramrit_datasoft@yahoo.co.in");

message.Subject =

"Check Mail";

message.Body =

"Your loan status";

SmtpClient smtpClient = new SmtpClient("eastlandindia.com");

smtpClient.Credentials =

new NetworkCredential("eastlandindia.com", "xxxxxx");

smtpClient.Send(message);

}

catch (Exception ex)

{

Response.Write(ex.Message);

}

This is my code When  i Sending mail the it give the message:

Bad sequence of commands. The server response was: This mail server requires authentication. Please check your mail client settings.

please help me. for sending email from a web page.

0
amritpal

Double-check that your SMTP server credentials are correct.

HTH,
Ryan

Ryan Olshan
ASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NET
http://ryanolshan.com

How to ask a question
0
StrongTypes
3/27/2006 1:15:15 PM

I have the same problem

because the server This mail server requires authentication

so we must do some thing like the second picture but in the code
https://help.3essentials.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=85

And thanks with my best regarding
Fraas

C# ( pronounced as C-sharp ) is a new Java like language from Microsoft. Microsoft says that C# is a language with the power of C++ and simplicity of Visual Basic. C# supposed to be the best language for Microsoft's .NET programming
0
FRaas
4/11/2006 9:42:38 AM

hi

write this way.....

try

{

MailMessage message = new MailMessage();

message.From =

amrit@eastlandindia.com;

message.To.Add(

"eramrit_datasoft@yahoo.co.in");

message.Subject =

"Check Mail";

message.Body =

"Your loan status";

SmtpClient smtpClient = "eastlandindia.com";

smtpClient.Credentials

("eastlandindia.com", "xxxxxx");

smtpClient.Send(message);

}

Warm Regards,

Jayu.
Impossible Is Nothing
0
jayu
4/11/2006 11:10:25 AM
Check this line

SmtpClient smtpClient = new SmtpClient("eastlandindia.com");

0
sanketce
4/11/2006 11:20:05 AM

Hi

Mr. jayu

This 2 lines is wrong

SmtpClient smtpClient = "eastlandindia.com";

smtpClient.Credentials

("eastlandindia.com", "xxxxxx");

Mr. sanketce

This line already in the first post .. and it's correct because this the name for the mail server

SmtpClient smtpClient = new SmtpClient("eastlandindia.com");

Still we need a help

Thanks

C# ( pronounced as C-sharp ) is a new Java like language from Microsoft. Microsoft says that C# is a language with the power of C++ and simplicity of Visual Basic. C# supposed to be the best language for Microsoft's .NET programming
0
FRaas
4/11/2006 1:54:18 PM

Take a look at SystemNetMail.com.

HTH,
Ryan

Ryan Olshan
ASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NET
http://ryanolshan.com

How to ask a question
0
StrongTypes
4/11/2006 7:01:01 PM

Unfortunately it's not content the solution :(

C# ( pronounced as C-sharp ) is a new Java like language from Microsoft. Microsoft says that C# is a language with the power of C++ and simplicity of Visual Basic. C# supposed to be the best language for Microsoft's .NET programming
0
FRaas
4/11/2006 9:01:51 PM

FRaas:
Unfortunately it's not content the solution

I don't quite understand your response. Please clarify.

Ryan

Ryan Olshan
ASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NET
http://ryanolshan.com

How to ask a question
0
StrongTypes
4/11/2006 9:07:09 PM
means the website you provide dose not content the solution for my problem :(
C# ( pronounced as C-sharp ) is a new Java like language from Microsoft. Microsoft says that C# is a language with the power of C++ and simplicity of Visual Basic. C# supposed to be the best language for Microsoft's .NET programming
0
FRaas
4/12/2006 7:57:25 AM
StrongTypes:

Take a look at SystemNetMail.com.

HTH,
Ryan

I think this is the solution

0
sanketce
4/12/2006 1:37:23 PM

I strongly suggest that everyone store their SMTP credentials in Web.config. Take a look at my FAQ: HOW TO: Sending email using System.Net.Mail. Again, double-check that the credentials you are using are valid.

HTH,
Ryan

Ryan Olshan
ASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NET
http://ryanolshan.com

How to ask a question
0
StrongTypes

The server response was: 503 This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address
I am not sure why now I am getting this error all of a sudden.  Our ISP had changed some of their mail server around, and I think this should still work but it's not:    Public Function SendMail(ByVal userid As String) As Boolean        Dim obUser As New BusinessLayer.BUser        obUser.GetUser(SqlTypes.SqlGuid.Parse(userid))        Dim obMail As New Web.Mail.MailMessage        obMail.To = obUser.Email        obMail.From = "postmaster@sss.net "     ...

get error The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.5.1 Authentication Required.
 Hi,I was able to send mail with no trouble before few days.Then due to some reason, i Formatted pc &  re-installed visual studio & IIS Now when i try to send mail, i get this error.The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated.In my web.config file i write<mailSettings>      <smtp from="myemail@gmail.com">        <network host="smtp.gmail.com" port="587" userName="myemail" password="xxxx" defaultCredentials="fa...

After configuring the SMTP server for sending mails ,How to authenticate against the mail server?
  Hi,After configuring the SMTP server ,How to authenticate against the mail server for sending mails?Swati                                             http://www.systemnetmail.com/faq/4.2.aspxhttp://www.systemwebmail.com/faq/3.8.aspxAlso, in .NET 2.0 you can store the SMTP credentials and server info in web.config.Ryan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThtt...

SmtpException has occured: The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: authentication needed
SmtpException has occured: The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: authentication needed  What else do I have to set to make sure I can send email through my email account.  <mailSettings> <smtp from="myEmailFrom"> <network host="smtp.mydomain.com" password="mypwd" userName="myUserName" defaultCredentials="true"/> </smtp> </mailSettings> Newbie Might take a look at: http://www.systemnetmail.com/faq/4.2.aspx You might also ask your ISP or web host, there may be a unique method...

an error occurred while sending mail. the mail server: authentication required
I'm getting the above error when I try to send emails. I've tried some of the suggestions in help files but nothing has worked. Can someone tell me what is wrong and how I can put it right. Thanks Mo M Joomun wrote: > I'm getting the above error when I try to send emails. I've tried some > of the suggestions in help files but nothing has worked. Can someone > tell me what is wrong and how I can put it right. > > Thanks > > Mo It may be just that you haven't ticked smtp authentication - and set up a username and password for t...

Is there any possible way that forms authentication can work on a web farm w/o each servers machine key values being set to the same thing?i have a site that is on a web farm and the servers dont have
 Is there any possible way that forms authentication can work on a web farm w/o each servers machine key values being set to the same thing?i have a site that is on a web farm and the servers dont have the machine keys set......but the forms authentication works fine. "Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live" -D. Thompson // f bush. ----------- "No man succeeds without a good woman behind him. Wife or mother, if it is both, he is twice blessed indeed." -Harold MacMillan A couple of things spring to mind. 1. Some form of "st...

mail server XXX is not an IMAP4 mail server
After upgrading to thunderbird 2.0.0.9 (20071114) when connecting to my IMAP-Server I receive: mail server XXX is not an IMAP4 mail server However things work fine with other mail-clients (evolution) - so imap- server should be ok .. I'm running: - Linux rotenturm2 2.6.22.5-31-default #1 SMP 2007/09/21 22:29:00 UTC x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux - OpenSuSe 10.3 - MozillaThunderbird-2.0.0.9-8.2 on the client and - SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 9 (i586) - cyrus-imapd-2.2.3-83.22 on the server - so nothing unusual so far ..? Anyone who has an idea? thx /Andi ...

This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address
This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address. Please check your mail client settings or contact your administrator to verify that the domain or address is defined for this server.Regards,Irfan UllahMark as Answer to those post that helps you!  the best resource for email with asp.net (IMHO)http://www.systemnetmail.com/ Hope That HelpsAll that wander, are not lost...What were we talkin bout You will need to authenticate to send an email.  Here's how:http://www.systemnetmail.com/faq/4.2.aspx Darrell Norton, MVPDarrel...

503 This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address.
--____GQHZGBLPUNRCEGLLADQA____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We are running GW 6.5.2. =20 I have a user that is trying to send an email to several individuals at = one of our customers. All are delivered except one. The error she = receives for this one individual is: 503 This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a = non-local e-mail address. Please check your mail client settings or = contact your administrator to verify that the domain or address is defined = for this server. I have tr...

Mass E-Mail System.Net.Mail.SmtpFailedRecipientException: Insufficient system storage. The server response was: Too many recipients"
hi ,             i am develop a email project in asp.net with vb.net i have client email id in a table having more than 1000 email ids in my project i fetch all the mail id and using for loop i send email to all the eamil id but only 150  email was sent and i got one error "System.Net.Mail.SmtpFailedRecipientException: Insufficient system storage. The server response was: Too many recipients" any body help to solve this bug please.......... Please post your code and we'll see what we can find.&...

System.NET.Mail cannot communicate to relay server through my .net server relay config
Environment: My PC – I’m testing the code from ServerA in debug mode using VS 2005 ServerA – my .Net Code server in which the code I’m testing resides and is running .NET version 2.0.50727 ServerB – An exchange server on our network   Problem & Info: I get this error no matter if I specify the exchange servername or my .net servername.  I want to use ServerB as the relay server in my System.NET.Mail but when I try that or try just using ServerA’s plain SMTP.  I've used the exchange server fine in other applications from other servers for my code so not sure why it'...

Web server and mail server for express edition
Hi, I'm working with Visual web developer 2005 express edition....I couldn't run programs that sends email (SmtpClient / MailMessage classes) ...I don't have IIS in my system....I'm running my application from the VWD express(ctrl F5)....Is there any way i can get a webserver and a mail server for my windows xp to work with the email programs of ASP.NET. Thanks in Advance.      You can install the IIS 5.1 from your windows CD. Go to control panel | add & remove programs | then click on the windows components.You can install the SMTP as ...

Forwarding mails for users that do not exist on the server to another mail server?
I have Groupwise installed in one of our offices in which mail boxes have been craeted for staff of that office (let's call it officeA). We however have other staff in other offices who use heir own mail servers. How do I set up Groupwise so that mails for staff who are not in OFFICEA is forwarded to the required mail server. Note that all staff irrespective of their office locations are on the same domain (expdisc.com) What it does currently is to send a returned mail indicating that the intended recipient does not exist. Please help!!! Hi, Simple solution is to ...

mail server requires authentication
Hi all When trying to send email from an ASPX page i get the following error: The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server response was: 503 This mail server requires authentication. Please check your mail client settings. How do i fix this problem? The code in question is: myMailServer = "localhost" sch = "http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/" cdoConfig = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Configuration") cdoConfig.Fields.Item(sch & "sendusing") = 2 cdoConfig.Fields.Item(sch & "smtpserv...

Web resources about - Bad sequence of commands. The server response was: This mail server requires authentication. Please check your mail client settings. - asp.net.web-forms

Authentication - Facebook-Entwickler
Please note: On October 3, 2012, the offline_access permission will be removed. If you are building...

Facebook Adds Two Factor Authentication for Login and Redesigns Family Safety Center
... announced the release of several new tools to help users stay safe while using the site. Soon, users will be able to enable two factor authentication ...

YouTube - How To Hack Twitter's New Two Factor Authentication
Veröffentlicht am 23.05.2013 Connect! http://toopher.com http://facebook.com/toopherinc http://twitter.com/toopher CEO Josh Alexander wants ...

Two-factor authentication - cyber security -
Two recent hacking cases highlight how personal emails can impact overall business security through tiny weaknesses.

Hands on: Twitter two-factor authentication
Optus and Vodafone customers need not apply when it comes to Twitter's two-factor authentication.