autocomplete not working in IE7 after web app was migrated from .NET 1.0/1.1 to .NET 3.5

IE7 autocomplete not working after web app was migrated from .NET 1.0/1.1 to .NET 3.5.

OS: Windows XP.

Autocomplete worked fine on IE6 and IE7 before migration.

 Is there anything thats needs to be configured on the server for IE7 autocomplete to work with the new migrated 3.5 application?

 Appreciate the feedback

0
knsudhir

How are you impleneting Autocomplete? Can you show us problem causing code..

My Blog

"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right."
0
budugu
1/8/2009 8:05:28 PM

there is no autocomplete implementation. This is purely using IE autocomplete options which was working fine

0
knsudhir
1/8/2009 8:14:37 PM

Sorry, I didn't get you. If you are using IE's AutoComplete feature, migration shouldn't cause any problem. Did you checked IE settings?

My Blog

"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right."
0
budugu
1/8/2009 8:28:22 PM

yes, I verified IE settings. and they are all same. nothing was changed before and after migration. however, after migration the autocomplete stopped working

Would any windows / IE updates affect this as well?

0
knsudhir
1/8/2009 8:57:13 PM

autocomplete is working in firefox 3.0.4 for the migrated app as well

0
knsudhir
1/8/2009 9:03:27 PM

Does the old application still working in IE7 ?

May be this link will help you..

http://www.lockergnome.com/windows/2007/02/15/configure-autocomplete-settings-in-ie-7/

My Blog

"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right."
0
budugu

After migration from .Net 1.1 to .Net 3.5 do I have to incorporate new web.config settings in old *.config file
Hi,I have successfully migrated web application from .Net 1.1 to .Net 3.5. Could you let me know whether I have to incorporate setting in new web.config (this new web.config file was generated automatically due to migration) into old *.config file?FYI: Old *.config file contains all application level settings required. So I will continue to use old.config file by removing new web.config file. Settings which are in new web.config file are:<configSections><sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup,...

Migrating .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0/3.5
We have many of our application running in .NET 1.1, and plannig to migrate all one-by-one, i know there will be a big challenge for this activity, What we are planning is not to migrate all in one shot, After migrating one application we will give for some selective users testing once we feel it is OK, do the next. What is best way of doing this thing? Any links, thrid party tools, since opening this in VWD 2005, it is converting the application but many errors are popuping up. Any reference would be highly appreciated, thanks in advance. Hi, Please follow the steps mentioned in this l...

Sharing cookie between .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 web app
I have two servers A and B.  A hosts .NET 1.1 web apps, while B hosts .NET 2.0 web apps.  I have a common login page written in .NET 2.0 (thus it's on server B).  In order to share the cookie, I set the machine key attributes (validation and encryption) of all apps to the same keys, and set all .NET 2.0 web apps to use decryption="3DES".  But for some reasons, my .NET 1.1 still cannot read the cookie generated by the .NET 2.0 login page.  Anyone has similar problem before?  Am I missing anything? Thanks. WenWen I am afraid you can only share t...

.DLL compiled with .NET 1.1 to be used in Web app done in .NET 2.0
Hi all,If I have a bunch of business objects that where compiled in .NET version 1.1, would it be possible for my ASP.NET (done in .NET 2.0) application to pick up these objects (.dll file) and start to use them?(Would be great if some-one could provide some form of documentation on this)ThanksTryst Hi Tryst, This should work fine.  In general, you can use V1.1 assemblies with V2.0 applications.  The reverse, though, is not true. Hope this helps, Scott ok, cool.ThanksTryst Comparative study on VS .Net 2003 and VS.Net 2005 .Net Framework versions used are ver...

Issue with clients consuming a web service that was upgraded from .NET 1.1 to .NET 3.5
I am currently working with an application that was converted from Visual Studio 2003 to Visual Studio 2008 and we are having issues with a client consuming the web service portion of the application.  The web services were written in .NET 1.1 using the Web Services Enhancements 2.0 and was upgraded to use the .NET 3.5 framework.  One of our clients application, which is still written in .NET 1.1 was reference the upgraded web service and tried to consume the web service and received the following error: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Se...

best method to migrate from .net 1.0 to .net 1.1
hi, i have windows xp pro running iis 5.1. i have an intranet site running under iis. i made this site using VS.NET 2002 under .NET framework 1.0.3705. Now i want to upgrade me .NET frame work to version 1.1. , but i still want to use VS.NET 2002 for programming and maintaining the site. How do i do this without the upgrade affecting my already deployed website. A step by step procedure to migrate from version 1.0.3705 to version 1.1 would be quite helpful. Thanks in advance, Raja. Hi, There is an article on this, right on this site. Check this Hope it hel...

best practices to migrate from .net 1.0 to .net 1.1
hi, i have windows xp pro running iis 5.1. i have an intranet site running under iis. i made this site using VS.NET 2002 under .NET framework 1.0.3705. Now i want to upgrade me .NET frame work to version 1.1. , but i still want to use VS.NET 2002 for programming and maintaining the site. How do i do this without the upgrade affecting my already deployed website. A step by step procedure to migrate from version 1.0.3705 to version 1.1 would be quite helpful. Thanks in advance, Raja. Well, at least take a look at this doc about running v1.0 and 1.1 side-by-side h...

Automated cleanup tool to remove the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5
"I have posted an updated version of the .NET Framework cleanup tool that now contains support for automatically cleaning up the .NET Framework 1.0, the .NET Framework 1.1, the .NET Framework 2.0, the ..NET Framework 3.0 and the .NET Framework 3.5. This tool automates the manual cleanup steps for the .NET Framework 2.0 that I posted a while ago. These steps have helped solve most of the known .NET Framework 2.0 beta uninstall issues that I know of. In addition, the tool can be useful to return your system to a known (relatively clean) state in case you run into any .NET Framew...

Proplem with..Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Name: Tony Email: Accuscopeathotmaildotcodotuk Product: Firefox Summary: Proplem with..Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) Comments: I have used Firefox for many years but I am not happy with latest version. You can set options such as home page and security and privacy settings but as soon as you close the browser and re start it remembers none of the settings??? Very frustrating! I have re-installed several times and rebooted every time but it always goes back to a default page as though I had just do...

System.Web.Extensions and Microsoft Ajax Library 1.0 migrating down to .NET 1.1?
Hi, Is there any chance to use MS Ajax Lib 1.0 under ASP.NET 1.1? (We must use 1.1, so in the nearest futres migrating to 2.0 seems to impossible :( ) but if it's possible to use Ajax Lib (not the 3rd party stuffs) that will be excelent... Please let me know if you have any suggestions how to do that,   thx: KornelJSYSTEM from Hungary You can only use the Client Side library with VS2003. The Server Side only works with Asp.net 2.0Long Live .NETKazi Manzur Rashid (Amit)_________________________Web: http //dotnetshoutout.comBlog: http://weblogs.asp.net/rashidTwitter...

Making a .NET 1.1 Web Project .NET 2.0 enabled
We were able to use such things as  below in the InstantASP forum source code.  I'm trying to do the same with Presstopia but it errors out when putting the below in their web.config. <machineKey validationKey="..." decryptionKey="..." validation="SHA1" decryption="3DES" />So what did InstantASP have to do to make their 1.1 code able to use machinekey then if it's not a .NET 2.0 application?  I want to do the same for Presstopia.   I figure there are general things you can do to allow a 1.1 app to make it able to ...

Web resources about - autocomplete not working in IE7 after web app was migrated from .NET 1.0/1.1 to .NET 3.5 - asp.net.web-forms

Autocomplete - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Autocomplete , or word completion , is a feature provided by many web browsers , e-mail programs , search engine interfaces, source code editors ...

Autocomplete Me - EPIC FAIL Funny Videos and Epic Fail Funny Pictures
Click for more epic fails, videos, and wins. (Share this post and make someone ROFL!)

Autocomplete Data - Facebook-Entwickler
The value specified for the type parameter is the category of autocomplete data to retrieve, e.g. to retrieve locales, you can specify type=adlocale ...

OneKeyboard - colorful and fast custom autocomplete keyboard on the App Store on iTunes
Get OneKeyboard - colorful and fast custom autocomplete keyboard on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Distraction of the Day: Someone Turned Google Autocomplete Into a Family Feud-Style Game
Say goodbye to productivity, because this game just took over your workday/life. Whenever you start typing a search into Google, the search engine ...

Selling kidneys to buy drones: the economy according to Google autocomplete
Autocomplete, the Google function that suggests full search questions based on a few words, has long served as a humorous (or harrowing) window ...

‘Google Feud’ combines popular game show with Google search autocomplete
Surely by now you've seen various jokes about Google's autocomplete feature, which suggests endings for your search terms based on what other ...

TweetDeck for Mac updated with username autocomplete, a new tweet composer, and more
... App Store . Check out 9to5Mac for more breaking coverage of Apps . What do you think? Discuss "TweetDeck for Mac updated with username autocomplete, ...

New Twitter Search Comes with Autocomplete and New Filters
Last Friday, Twitter announced what’s new on its search functionality: Search autocomplete and “People You Follow” search result. In addition ...

Google Autocomplete Is Letting The Terrorists Win
Be careful about what you search for on Google...