Attaching emails as email attachments - Is this possible?

Hi,

Is this possible?

I want to be able to attach a number of emails to another email and send it. A bit like you can do in Outlook where you can just drag the emails you want to send into the new email - they then appear as attachments with the envelope icon.

I can attach other kinds of file without any problems, that all works fine. It's just attaching emails that's proving to be a problem.

I'd like to do something like this:

  Dim oldEmail1 As New MailMessage(oldMailFrom1, oldMailTo1, oldSubject1, oldBody1)
  Dim oldEmail2 As New MailMessage(oldMailFrom2, oldMailTo2, oldSubject2, oldBody2)
  Dim oldEmail3 As New MailMessage(oldMailFrom3, oldMailTo3, oldSubject3, oldBody3)

  Dim newemail As New MailMessage(mailFrom, mailTo, subject, body)
  newemail.Attachements.Add(oldEMail1)
  newemail.Attachements.Add(oldEMail2)
  newemail.Attachements.Add(oldEMail3)

Thanks in advance
UserZero

Check this one out

http://www.dotnetjohn.com/articles.aspx?articleid=7

http://www.developer.com/net/asp/article.php/3287361

0
sandynaidu

sandynaidu, thanks for this. The key thing I'm after is the ability to attach emails rather than other documents/files

UserZero

Unfortunately, you have to get the output of that email first. I don't think you can do this natively in .NET. However, I can think of a work-around. Using System.Net.Mail you can write emails directly to the IIS Pickup directory. Instead, create a temp directory, and point System.Net.Mail at that directory, so it outputs the emails in the temp directory. Then, attach those filesystem emails to your parent email.
Does that help?

Cheers!
Dave
Dave
Some of my websites
aspNetEmail.com
SystemNetMail.com
SystemWebMail.com
0
AdvanIntel
3/13/2008 10:32:04 PM

UserZero:
[...]

Base on my experience, you'd better save the mail as a *.msg or other files first, then keep these mails as attachments, then send them, to know how to "Sending Email with attachment in ASP.NET using SMTP Server", please refer the following article:

1.See the illustration in advance:

2: See the original link: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/SivaEMailSample.aspx

Hope it helps,

Hong Gang

Hong-Gang Chen
Microsoft Online Community Support
Hong

Print all email attachments (including sub emails and their attachments)
--____OBYWTHBCXVXOFGPGVPTL____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Wed, 31 Aug 2010 07:20:44 -0400" QW55IHdheSB0byBwcmludCBhbGwgZW1haWwgYXR0YWNobWVudCBOQU1FUyBvbmx5IChpbmNsdWRp bmcgYW55IHN1YiBlbWFpbHMgYW5kIHRoZWlyIGF0dGFjaG1lbnRzKSBhbGwgYXQgb25jZSA/Pz8= --____OBYWTHBCXVXOFGPGVPTL____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____UDFRXZIVSCHQTEJGXAIR____" --____UDFRXZIVSCHQTEJGXAIR____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Dis...

email attachments not attaching
I am authoring a simple online application form which allows a user to upload cover letter and/or resume. The files are then stored in a database and also emailed to the correct person as attachments. The files are being stored in the database with no problems but they are not being attached to the email properly. Below is the snippet of the code used to attach the files and send the mail:// Create the mail message System.Net.Mail.MailMessage mail = new System.Net.Mail.MailMessage("noreply@mydomain.com", OfficeEmailHiddenField.Value, "Application", message); mail.IsBody...

Emailing a web form with an attachment
I have the following code, understood well enough. But.. How would I go about processing the form to allow the site visitor to email an attachemtn from their pc to me via the form? <%@page language="VB" %> <%@Import Namespace="System.Web.Util" %> <HTML><BODY> <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VB" RUNAT="server"> ' This method is called on the server when the submit ' button is clicked on the client and when the page ' posts back to itself Sub SendMail (Obj As Object, E As EventArgs) ' Instantiate a MailM...

Can't ready the email attachments which are inside email attachments.
Please tell me this can be fixed. In Thunderbird, when I get an email attachment and open it, it works fine. The email attachment opens and I can read it. However, if that email attachment has an email attachment inside it, it doesn't work. Thunderbird will not allow me to open the email attachment inside the email attachment. If I go over to Outlook and get it there everything works fine. I switched over to Thunderbird, because Outlook was pulling two and three copies of every email in my POP accounts. But if I have to choose between Outlook downloading multiple c...

Is it possible to email a reportviewer graph as the email body not as an attachment
I have a page that disaplays a column report in a reportviewer control and the report processing mode is local not server. I was just wondering if its possible to programmatically email this graph as the email body not as an attachment using the system.net.mail classses. The email recepients have MS outlook email addresses. Thanks in advance.--------------------------------------------------No Project Too Eazy.-------------------------------------------------- I still want help on this. And now i'm backing off from sending the report as the email body. It wouldn't hurt if the rep...

Multiple Email Attachments
I'm fairly clear on how to get multiple attachments into an email (using an arraylist), but does anyone have any examples of a web form design to cleanly allow the user to select multiple files (which I would then dump into my arraylist)? I guess I could use a standard file input control and do a postback to upload the files and add it to the array list one at a time (displaying a list on screen for the filenames as sent), but that seems kind of clunky to me. Any help would be appreciated! Have multiple file input controls on the same page, like Yahoo! mail does. All files will be...

Email with attachment and HTML email
Hi all, I know to use the Net::SMTP module, but I would like to send an email which has a fiew file attached and to be an HTML type because I want to include an image in it. Do you know which perl module can help me doing that? Thank you. Octavian Rasnita wrote: > I know to use the Net::SMTP module, but I would like to send an email which > has a fiew file attached and to be an HTML type because I want to include an > image in it. > > Do you know which perl module can help me doing that? Try Mail::Sender. -- Greg -------------------------------...

How the Attachments are attached to Email Message
Hello Mate, Could you please give me a link to study about 1.Email Attachments and how they are added to the Email message & how to make custom Email classes.2.we are just providing the path of the file to be attached.But how it is uploded to the server and how it is transmitted through the internet to reach the client.3.How to code anti virus for attachments that had been added to the Email4.How to validate attachments for specific type like .txt,.doc etc..Much Obliged & Thanks a Lot,Myself Hi, take a look at these articles: http://www.systemnetmail.com/faq/3.4.aspx. Grz, Kr...

How do i make my web method to finish executing a 'send email with attachment' method and then delete the attachment in C#?
 I have a webmethod that calls an email sender class to send emails.I have to delete the attachments after the email is sent. I am getting an error as the  webmethod i have written below is causing an error. Please look at the last two linesin the web method (attached after the error) where i call the MailDetails() method which sends the email and DeleteAttachments() mehtod which deletes the attachments line 31 and 32.How do i make the DeleteAttachments() method wait till the emails are sent with the attachments first. i.e the mailDetails() method has sent the emails.Error:...

Attachment icon shows on email with no attachment
Name: Matthew Burton McFaul Email: matthewatburtonmcfauldotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: Attachment icon shows on email with no attachment Comments: I wrote an email that had the word "attachment" in it which triggered the keyword alert. I did not however, add an attachment. Later, I noticed that the attachment 'paper clip' icon was listed next to this mail in a Thunderbird email search results list. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:1.9.1.9) Gecko/20100315 Firefox/3.5.9 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Parsing email addresses from attachements, and emails
Is there a perl module, that can parse email address, and store them to a file?? I don't actually code perl, but I HAVE to learn, I got no choice (well, I got choice, but =A32500 says I don't! lol), I'm hoping there is a module to take care of this, if not, then how would I parse documents, or emails etc? Okay, this is the deal. I need to strip all email info out of the emails we recieve, and add them to our database. Has something like this been achieved, or do I have to do this from scratch? Angel Gabriel wrote at Sat, 24 May 2003 18:48:55 +0100: > Is there ...

Forwarded emails with attachments do not print attachments.
Hello. Mozilla Thunderbird ver 1.5.0.7. When user forwards emails with attachments, the email will print, the attachment can be viewed and even print-previewed, but is does not print. Some attachments are just other emails, nothing fancy. Have tried uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling Thunderbird. Other users with same version do not have this problem when they forward emails with attachments. Thank you. P Boulton wrote: > Hello. > Mozilla Thunderbird ver 1.5.0.7. > When user forwards emails with attachments, the email will print, the > attachment can b...

Sending Email with multiple email attachments
I can send regular emails out with it and I can send emails with one attachment and it works fine. Why cant I Attach multiple attachments to an email. I already checked to be sure the files exist and they do and it local to the disk so its not over a network. Code for creating multiple attachments: ' Build an IList of mail attachments. If sAttach<>"" Then Dim delim As Char = CChar(",") Dim sSubstr As String For Each sSubstr in sAttach.Split(delim) Dim myAttachment As MailAttachment = ...

Email Attachments not Indicated When Email is Printe
When the main body of an email with attachments is printed, there is no indication on the printout that there was an attachment such as: Graphic Icon for Attachment Application along w/document name. or even <<attachmentname.xxx>> Is this a setting I've over looked? Preferrably the user would like the icon. ~Lori You have to also print the properties sheet to get the list of attachments http://support.novell.com/enhancement, and add your voice Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ You ...

Web resources about - Attaching emails as email attachments - Is this possible? - asp.net.web-forms

Attachment theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Attachment theory describes the dynamics of long-term relationships between humans . Its most important tenet is that an infant needs to develop ...

Facebook Allowing Page Admins To ‘Refresh Share Attachment?’
Facebook appears to have given page administrators the option of refreshing links that they share in posts on their pages . continued... New ...

Chronik-Fotos - Mama Bean - Unconditional Attachment - Facebook
Graphic design students at the University of North Texas asked this inspiring mama, Monica, to be the face of their ad campaign. The campaign ...

New Facebook Messages Only Provides an Online Attachment Viewing Feature for Microsoft Docs
In another move highlighting Facebook’s strategic relationship with investor Microsoft, the company has given the established office software ...

App Store - Attachments.me- Gmail inbox software to efficiently manage emails, automatically send/upload ...
Get Attachments.me- Gmail inbox software to efficiently manage emails, automatically send/upload files to cloud storage(Dropbox, Box, and G Drive), ...

Team Talk: Attachments, Beliefs and Fears - YouTube
Hi, I'm John Fitzgerald. Welcome to this week's edition of Team WealthBuilders. Since I touched on Attachments, Beliefs and Fears, I've had a ...

Invention of the Day: New ‘Alternative’ Gun Attachment May Prevent Shooting Deaths
The Ferguson Police Department is testing out a new device which they think might help prevent unnecessary shooting deaths. “The Alternative” ...

100th anniversary of Anzac landings brings home strong attachments
The commemoration of the 100th anniversary of the Anzac landings draws our attention to events that so many of us have a strong attachment to. ...

iPhones - Is Our Attachment To Smartphones A Bad Thing?
They cater to our basic human hunger for connection, so is our attachment to mobiles such a bad thing?

Apple not encrypting email attachments in iOS 7, security researcher claims
Apple's Mail app in iOS 7 is failing to encrypt email attachments, leaving user data vulnerable to hackers, a security researcher claims.