ASP.NET Document Management System Need Help Enforcing File Itegrity

Hi all

 I can upload and download files from my SQL DB. However i want to nforce file itegrity so that people can still download the file when one person has taken the file out but cannot upload them whilst one person as the document out. For example ,

I download a particular word document from the system. I then am the only person allowed to upload that file but my colleague can still download the file to view the changes made previoulsy. But, if changes  are made by him, he wont be allowed to upload that document without downloading the file again after I have uploaded first, so that he can quire a lock like affect on that document. I am not dealing with just one document as this will apply to multiple but i guess that isnt a problem as once the code is implemented it will apply to all documents

I was thinking of a token like affect where a user is given a token number which which is given to the user upon taking it out. they must enter that token code into a text box upon uploading the document again. The next person will have an autmomatrically generated token when they are able to dow it and around we go.

 anyone got any better ideas and examples?

I want to allow document auditing but i gues i can implement this having a table that is joined with teh file share which records the data,time,user,and description of change that was made for each upload.

Any suggestions from you .Net gurus. :)

0
Garethuk81

What you are using is just what I'd like to recommend.
Just one thing, you can use the current user's identity as the token. So that the user don't have to enter token in order to update the file.

Please let me know if there is any problem.
0
Raymond
3/12/2007 6:49:44 AM

Yep. you are right lol. i done this day before yesterday :)

Thanks anyway. ill mark u as answer regardless

0
Garethuk81

Help for Visual web dev isolate system.web.mail to system.net.mail
Hi all,  I'm new user to visual web developer express software. Laterly i found this application isolate quite some of the component namespace, like system.web.mail to net.mail. I not well understand how system.net.mail functional?? Does it act same as system.web.mail?? My coding below: change system.web.mail to system.net.mail which causing a lot error... *****Can anybody correct me or advise me how to make this code work in system.net.mail?????? <%@import Namespace="System.net.Mail" %> <script runat="server">    Public FromAddress As String = "" .......

Really need help with disabled web forms in visual studio.net 2003
Hi, I've posted in the ASP.NET forum as someone suggested, but I got no response and am still unable to use the software. In Visual Studio .NET 2003, with .NET Framework 1.1, all web form controls (in fact all controls in the toolbar) are disabled. I create a webform.aspx page, I AM in design view, but when I go to the "web forms" toolbar, I cannot drag anything to the page because all the controls are disabled (the toolbar is visible, just everything within it is disabled). I solved this last time by completely wiping my drive and spending three days reinstalling and updating everythin...

Need software recommendations for documentation/help file software that integrates with .Net 2005
Hi All My organization is looking for a good software application that integrates with .Net to create documentation and help files for a /Net application we are developing.  Any suggestions, recommendations, links, etc. would be greatly appreciated.  Cost IS an issue - so please keep it to reasonably affordable software...  TIA,  ColeenColeen"We Develop Webs" You can use the standard .chm (compiled html) that allows you to use basic html to design help pages.  It then lets you organize them and gives uses full-text search with the right option turned ...

Need HELP with adding a System.Windows.Forms control to web form!
Howdy folks. I'm in need of some help. I wanted to add a nifty little Control I made for a Windows Form to an ASP.NET page. Now I went and saw Microsoft's quickstart tutorial, and followed the example... You know, compile it to .dll... blah, blah, blah, then use the <OBJECT> tag to insert it into the page. Well, I did all that... the control downloads... but I can't see a thing! :'( For example, here's some code ~ using System; using System.Windows.Forms; using System.Drawing; using System.Reflection; [assembly:AssemblyVersion("1.0.0.0")] ...

.net document management system
What I need and How to do if I want to search some text in some office documents or pdf files in certain folder with certain filename? Finally the result show in the web page. There would be following two options(1) implement sharepoint server(2) open & search files in recursive manner  First one is the most convenient and fast option :)  Manish Sharma What should be the coding in the current web application ?   Hi,   Kindly checkout following article  http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/051802-1.aspx   Happy Coding,Ajay ...

What do non-.net users need to do to consume a .net web service?
Hello, I'm very new to web service world and haven't had much chance to do much reading on theory and architecture yet. So I'm asked to create one for someone external to my organization (still inside my company). I make one, test it, deploy it, consume it. Go me. It was very easy within my comfortable .net shop. However, the intended consumer is not a .Net shop (J2EE). I was under the impression that if I sent in a GET request to the asmx file, I would get XML back. This turned out to be not the case and I had to use the proxy file to prove that I could consume the service. S...

Need freeware .NET Documentation Tool for Microsoft .NET Framework
Got a solution fully documated that needed to be taken out and to attached it to the project spec. Any known good free tool suggestion will help. For VS2003 exists the NDocument tool.For other versions have a look at this: http://www.codeplex.com/Sandcastle Hope this helpsIf this post is useful to you, please mark it as answer. ...

Need Help with Web Cam in .net
Hi everyone. First time on this forum. Thanks for any advice!I am looking for a good .net component for webcams.I need one that can allow two feeds at once, so people could see each other, ie. I can see the person I am talking to, and visa versa. Anyone know of any good .net components for webcams?Thanks!...

how to read a .txt file from .net (web form)
hi, how to read a .txt file line by line and place the contents in a .xls file. ex: if sample.txt file is... Name: abc Company: xyz info ltd. i want abc and xyz info ltd to be cut and saved in .xls file. i already have a .xls template with name and company fields. send solution.......

Please Help!! web parts and .net forms
This is a two part question. 1. i have a simple .net form that captures users input and i want to post to another form to show users input and data from a database into a data grid. In keep posting back to the first form. I have action and method set correctly on my first form, no idea why it post to same form. i even have a response.redirect in the click event of the button on the first form. 2. Does anyone know of any good site/web cast that step you through a basic web part for sharepoint 2007 i am using both visual studio 2005 and 2008. I heard that it is like a 12 step ...

Reading Excel Files from a .Net Web Form
Hi, This might be a dumb question, but ... When reading an Excel file from a .Net Web Form, is it necessary to have Microsoft Excel actually installed on the client machine running the web form? Also, do the Excel files being read need to be saved as "values only" or can the values be extracted from a spreadsheet where the cells contain formulas? Thanks. -Wayne Hi, For the 1st part, Office is not necessary to be installed. But Download the Office XP PIAs and use them to develop Office XP solutions with Visual Studio .NET. For 2nd Part I think you need to use Values.Regar...

Help needed securing my .NET web application
Hi there!I have a web application that has 3 components:     The VB.NET code to handle the web Requests and calls,    A .NET DLL that handles some vital processing which calls    A VB6 DLL that does some other vital processingI am trying to secure my application so that all the components check to make sure that the calling code has  permission to execute it.I'd like to use CAS Demands to check the stack to make sure all of the code components responsible for the call have permission to do so. My problem is that the VB6 DLL doesn't use the .N...

Consuming Web Service in .NET [Need Help]
  I have to consume a web service. I have a sample web service what returns back the set of city, state, country and zip on passing zip code. Here is the URL: http://10.0.112.14:8182/wxZipCity.wsdl I am able to pass zip code to the web service and can also see the hit on web service and the data being created in SOAP form. But when i am trying to get the same in return using my .NET app it is giving me errors and passing NULL. Can any one resolve this? Or help me understanding what is happening here? I have given Web Service URL above. And following is my code that i have written....

.NET web content management advice needed
Hi everyone,At my current place of work, our current CMS is very old and buggy, and not what we need. Much of our website is composed of pages generated from the CMS and many other dynamic pages were created separately on our own web server. So basically our web pages/files are split among two servers, one we have in house, the other hosted by someone else. Our in-house server is Windows, with our hosting provider, a Linux. Our current CMS is open-source (php), and our more complicated dynamic webpages on our server are asp.net. Everything is a mess. I want to get everything under one roof. ...

Web resources about - ASP.NET Document Management System Need Help Enforcing File Itegrity - asp.net.web-forms

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is an art that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in businesses and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives by using ...

Smarkets: Online betting company with ‘self management’ structure
... the reality for the team at Smarkets , an online betting company based near London’s Silicon Roundabout. The business is run with a “self-management” ...

Agile Project Management in a Larger Organisation – Video of my talk
I was recently asked to do a short talk and Q&A for an agile project management meetup in London. You can see the full video here: https://s ...

Learn Six Sigma and Lean project management for $79
Knowing (and mastering) the Six Sigma and Lean methods is a must for anyone looking for a career in project management today. And this training ...

Master project management with two massively discounted certification courses
In the professional sphere, experience with project management is one of the most valuable skills you can have. Starting is harder than just ...

10 Most Widely Used Content Management Systems Online
... software. The 21st century brought with itself a revolution in the field of website designing and development in the form of Content Management ...

Pain management: We have the technology
From time to time you might see a story pop up written by someone in chronic pain. That story will often detail the needless and unproductive ...