Application Error Need Help need help bad!!!!!!!!!

Hi I seem to have a huge problem on my hands.  I launched my website MyDesignerResource.com and used visual web developer to create dynamic pages.  I tried to put those on my webpage but everytime you login etc it gives me an application error.  I cannot figure out how setup the asp.net and sql server express 2005.  I tried everything i converted it to a .sql but i do not know what to put in the strings etc.  Could someone walk me through the steps in doing this.  By the way im using godaddy.com for my webhosting and i have a database setup there i just cant take the information to verify with asp.net.  I dont know whats wrong I have spent hours looking stuff up to fix it.  thanks for any help

0
stevo137

Do you have any exception infromation or erros information ... this will help figuring out the problem.

Hosam Kamel

Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you
0
HosamKamel

       i think you need to following changes. open ur webpage from IIS and chenge properties

1. properties--> asp.net version from 1.1 to 2.0.

2. properties-->  Directory Security --> Anonymous access( Edit button)--> check Anonymous allow check box

Try it. It may help you....

Thanks & Regards

Hari

0
Hari
8/6/2008 8:16:26 AM

 how do i run it from iis and all i need to know is what addresses to put into the connection strings and someone to explain how the connection strings will get my information to my asp.net database

0
stevo137
8/7/2008 5:09:03 AM

i think there is some problem with connecting DB as u used there server.. how you are making calls to connect DB?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"
0
deesh1531982
8/7/2008 5:20:04 AM

Hi

Use like connection string

Web.config
==========
<connectionStrings>
  <add name="ConString" connectionString="server=SQLTEST;User ID=sa;Password=sa12345;DataBase=TestDB; Max Pool Size=500"/>
</connectionStrings>

asp.net
=======
 string connectionstring = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["ConString"].ToString();

Thanks & Regards

Hari

0
Hari
8/7/2008 5:33:03 AM

 thanks so okay i use that connection string that you gave me but what is the asp.net string? and how do i define it to send it to my asp.net account?

0
stevo137
8/7/2008 7:24:10 AM

Hi

Add namespace

using System.Configuration;

and get a connection string like in ur C# code behind file

string connectionstring = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["ConString"].ToString();

Thanks & Regards

Hari

0
Hari
8/7/2008 7:42:32 AM

 Im sorry but im so confused about everything.  Alright i just need to know what to put into the connection strings and where to put them to make them work.  I also need to know how to set this up with a sqlserver on godaddy.com.  I'm sorry I'm a complete noob at dynamic webpages.  so maybe some sort of step by step guide or something.

0
stevo137
deesh1531982

Help needed securing my .NET web application
Hi there!I have a web application that has 3 components:     The VB.NET code to handle the web Requests and calls,    A .NET DLL that handles some vital processing which calls    A VB6 DLL that does some other vital processingI am trying to secure my application so that all the components check to make sure that the calling code has  permission to execute it.I'd like to use CAS Demands to check the stack to make sure all of the code components responsible for the call have permission to do so. My problem is that the VB6 DLL doesn't use the .N...

Switching .NET Frameworks...Console Application Error!! Help Needed
Folks,I have Visual Studio 2003 and 2005 installed on my machine. After I installed the 2005, my C# console application written in 2003 is not working. I am getting the following error when I try to run the project.The app name is blob'DefaultDomain': Loaded 'c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\mscorlib.dll', No symbols loaded.'blob': Loaded 'C:\app\web\blob\bin\Release\blob.exe', No symbols loaded.'blob.exe': Loaded 'c:\windows\assembly\gac\system\1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089\system.dll', No symbols loaded.'blob.exe': Loaded 'c:\windows\assembly\gac\system.data\1.0.5000.0__b77a5c56...

Help Help Help Help Help Help

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

Import web form from VS2003 to VS2008-CSS errors-need help
We are just beginning to upgrade from VS2005 to VS2008...I am the guinea pig, first to install & try. I'm getting multiple errors on web pages previously composed and generated on VS2003, and have opened into VS2008. <Sample of code> <asp:label id="Label4" style="Z-INDEX: 102; LEFT: 13px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 14px" runat="server"Font-Size="Large" BackColor="Transparent" ForeColor="Navy" Width="380px" Height="26px">Application For Employment</asp:label> <Errors from Error Lis...

Need help!!! (T.T) please help me......08/07/2007 i need the information....some people help me....
my qeustion is.....  how the ASP.NET allows programmers to use different programming languages in a same project every brother sister.....plesae help me.....i cant do it....cant understand it.......i must get information before 09/07/2007..... please help me....urgent...... Hi, please take a look at this article: Using VB.NET and C# in the same ASP.NET 2.0 project. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. hi.....Kris~~ Thanks a lot for ur help xD.... Very happy.....got nice people like you can help m...

Help with .NET based Web Application that needs radius authentication to the radius server
Where I can find help with finding how I could do radius authentication to radius server from my .NET based Web Application?...

Really need help with disabled web forms in visual studio.net 2003
Hi, I've posted in the ASP.NET forum as someone suggested, but I got no response and am still unable to use the software. In Visual Studio .NET 2003, with .NET Framework 1.1, all web form controls (in fact all controls in the toolbar) are disabled. I create a webform.aspx page, I AM in design view, but when I go to the "web forms" toolbar, I cannot drag anything to the page because all the controls are disabled (the toolbar is visible, just everything within it is disabled). I solved this last time by completely wiping my drive and spending three days reinstalling and updating everythin...

Help! I need help!
Name: Nathalia Penteado Email: nathpenteadoatuoldotcomdotbr Product: Firefox Summary: Help! I need help! Comments: Hi, I'm a usuary from Firefox for a long time but now i'm having some problems that I can't resolve. All pages that I always stay now can't open. My website don't open in Firefox, and Buzznet, Myspace, all this websites when i'm on. Anything works. Orkut is the same problem. I re-downloaded the firexfox, more than 3 times again, but anything works. I don't know what anything else to do. Thanks for you time Nathalia Penteado B...

HELP! Need help with this
Greetings gurus, Get an error while creating this SP with cursor. Can someone please review it and let me know WHERE am I going wrong? Thanks! CREATE PROCEDURE sp_proxy_load as BEGIN declare CT DATE; /* Current time being initialised to a variable */ declare PT DATE; /* Past time being initialised to a variable */ -- Variables for the comments cursor declare xInvPayID int; Declare xLineNum int; declare xdata char(60); declare xAuditActionCD char(1); declare xAuditActionDT DATE; -- variables for the cursor ...

Need help with help
Where do I find where I can set whether SM opens in the current window or a new window. I've looked in Edit Preferences, but must be blind. Jim L via the eCS 1.24 version of OS/2 -- Hi Jim inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote: > Where do I find where I can set whether SM opens in the current window or > a new window. I've looked in Edit Preferences, but must be blind. Close - but no cigar :-) Edit -> Preferences -> Navigator - Tabbed Browsing Regards Pete inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote: > Where do I find where I can set whether SM opens in th...

Big trouble I need help...help help
Hi everbody I have a problem with a (ACL) password management. After create a Role Organizational. Give security equal at a user. Give trustee at one organization (ex. Alias) on one property (password management) rights to change password. At logon, I use this user who have change password now. Great that work at this organization but i can too reset the password of ADMIN. It's normal ???????????????/ That a bug...$#%#$%$#$%# Thanks you, Chris This is normal. Place an ACL filter on admin to block these rights. There is nothing special about the "Ad...

Help ! newbie needs help with web.config
i have a website and i want to only allow users to access the login and register pages, unless they actually login, how do i do this? here is the web.config file, what changes need to be made? what code do i need to insert into the other pages to ensure only valid users can access them? <configuration> <system.web> <customErrors mode="Off" /> <authentication mode="Forms"> <forms name="AuthCookie" path="/" loginUrl="l...

I need help with application security!!! Please Help!!!!
I have been working with webmatrix for a few months now and decided to tackle security.  I've read 2 books and everything that I can find online.  I still can't grasp it.  Can someone please help me with this?Here is the situation:I have a folder called Timesheet.  This folder is the root folder for this application, but it is not the root folder for the domain.  Within the Timesheet folder I have 3 sub-folders: Admin, Advisor & Student.  I also have a logon page that will check username and password against values in a database(SQL Server 2000).  When ...

Web resources about - Application Error Need Help need help bad!!!!!!!!! - asp.net.web-forms

Bad Doberan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... [baːt dobəˈʁaːn] ) is a town in the district of Rostock , Mecklenburg-Vorpommern , Germany . It was the capital of the former district of Bad ...

Useless Comparisons & Bad Journalism
I used to read the Christian Science Monitor regularly. It was a good, relatively balanced, source of information. In the last few years, it ...

David Hume Gives Adam Smith Some Bad News About the Reception of Smith's First Book, the Theory of Moral ...
... that your book has been very unfortunate: for the public seem disposed to applaud it extremely..." **David Hume**: [To Adam Smith: Some Bad ...

Bad news for Addison Lee — Uber is going big on winning corporate customers in the UK
... thanks to the high number of US businesses with a presence here. Once Uber hires a sales team, it could go stratospheric. All this is bad news ...

Calvin Pryor Blames Rishard Matthews's Injury On Ryan Tannehill's Bad Throw
On the Dolphins’ third play from scrimmage in their 38-20 loss to the Jets, Ryan Tannehill threw a short pass behind Rishard Matthews. When Matthews ...

There's Never A Bad Time To Enjoy Some Vintage Shaq Highlights
For no particular reason, let’s take a moment to gawk at some of Shaquille O’Neal’s best highlights. Read more...

Fake Meat: Why Does It Taste So Bad?
The 800 or so compounds that make meat taste so delicious are hard to replicate in the lab, though scientists won't stop trying.

'The Walking Dead' Mid-Season Finale: The Good, the Bad and Who Should've Died Instead of
WARNING: We're about to go over the biggest moments from Sunday's mid-season finale of 'The Walking Dead'.

The Air In Your Office Is Making You Bad At Your Job
Gulp. Everyone knows that too much carbon dioxide is bad. It warms our planet, raises sea levels, and generally wreaks havoc on our environment ...

Today in Tabs: The Internet Is Bad, Let's Make Stuffing!
It's almost Thanksgiving, so get stuffed! T omorrow is Thanksgiving , and while it may be a holiday rooted in colonialism, conquest, and racist ...