After adding a date field in a web form update gives error

Hi

I have a web form which is a part of asp.net application. This process updates a row of a table. This works fine. However, I needed to update a DueDate field. So I added the DueDate field in the form and changed the stored procedure and the corresponding code in asp.net. Now the update does not work.

I am getting the following error message:

@poduedate is not a parameter for procedure prr_out_projsearch_update1.

 The following is the code for stored procedure:

alter proc prr_out_projsearch_update1

@prr_id int,
@changes_required bit,
@NeedUpdate bit = 1,
@datecompleted datetime = null,
@poduedate datetime,
@designissues varchar(100),
@designissuesnotes text,
@documentationissues varchar(100),
@documentationissuesnotes text,
@detailissues varchar(100),
@detailissuesnotes text,
@ActionRequired bit = 1,
@ActionRequiredNotes text,
@ChangesCompleted bit = 1

As
set @datecompleted = current_timestamp

update tblprrin
set
     changesrequired = @changes_required,
     needupdate = @needupdate,
     datecompleted = @datecompleted,
     PODueDate = @poduedate,
     designissues =  @designissues,
     designissuesnotes = @designissuesnotes,
     documentationissues = @documentationissues,
     documentationissuesnotes  = @documentationissuesnotes,
     detailissues = @detailissues,
     detailissuesnotes =  @detailissuesnotes,
     ActionRequired = @ActionRequired,
     ActionRequiredNotes = @ActionRequiredNotes,
     ChangesCompleted = @ChangesCompleted

where prr_id = @prr_id

The following is the new code in the update section of asp.net:

conn_r = New SqlConnection(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("prsdbConnectString").ConnectionString)
            Dim cmd_r As SqlCommand
            cmd_r = New SqlCommand("prr_out_projsearch_update1", conn_r)
            cmd_r.CommandType = Data.CommandType.StoredProcedure
            cmd_r.CommandTimeout = 0

cmd_r.Parameters.Add("@prr_id", Data.SqlDbType.Int)

                cmd_r.Parameters("@prr_id").Value = Session("PRR_ID")

                cmd_r.Parameters.Add("@changes_required", Data.SqlDbType.Bit)
                cmd_r.Parameters("@changes_required").Value = 1

                cmd_r.Parameters.Add("@poduedate", SqlDbType.DateTime)
                cmd_r.Parameters("@poduedate").Value = CDate(txtDueDate.Text)

                cmd_r.Parameters.Add("@designissues", Data.SqlDbType.VarChar)
                cmd_r.Parameters("@designissues").Value = (DropDownList2.SelectedItem.Value)

                cmd_r.Parameters.Add("@designissuesnotes", Data.SqlDbType.VarChar)
                cmd_r.Parameters("@designissuesnotes").Value = txtDesignIssuesNotes.Text

                cmd_r.Parameters.Add("@documentationissues", Data.SqlDbType.VarChar)
                cmd_r.Parameters("@documentationissues").Value = (DropDownList3.SelectedItem.Value)

                cmd_r.Parameters.Add("@documentationissuesnotes", Data.SqlDbType.VarChar)
                cmd_r.Parameters("@documentationissuesnotes").Value = txtDocumentationIssuesNotes.Text

                cmd_r.Parameters.Add("@detailissues", Data.SqlDbType.VarChar)
                cmd_r.Parameters("@detailissues").Value = (DropDownList4.SelectedItem.Value)

                cmd_r.Parameters.Add("@detailissuesnotes", Data.SqlDbType.VarChar)
                cmd_r.Parameters("@detailissuesnotes").Value = txtDetailIssuesNotes.Text

                cmd_r.Parameters.Add("@ActionRequired", Data.SqlDbType.Bit)
                cmd_r.Parameters("@ActionRequired").Value = 1

                cmd_r.Parameters.Add("@ActionRequiredNotes", Data.SqlDbType.VarChar)
                cmd_r.Parameters("@ActionRequiredNotes").Value = txtActionRequiredNotes.Text

                cmd_r.Parameters.Add("@ChangesCompleted", Data.SqlDbType.Bit)
                cmd_r.Parameters("@ChangesCompleted").Value = 1

Try

conn_r.Open()

cmd_r.ExecuteNonQuery()

lblError1.Visible = True

lblError1.Text = "PRR updated"

Catch ex As Exception

lblError1.Visible = True

lblError1.Text = ex.Message

lblError2.Visible = True

lblError2.Text = "Record not added. Please report error message to system admin."

Here the date field addition should be an issue as it was working fine before. I would appreciate any help to resolve this issue. Thanks.

0
gamaz

maybe it is this line:
cmd_r.Parameters.Add("@poduedate", Data.SqlDbType.DateTime)

0
NYCharles
3/2/2009 11:30:55 PM

Thanks for your help NYCharles

However it did not work.

0
gamaz

Open web page in IE and populate fields on the form from my web form
To the dot net Knights.  Many humble thanks in advance from a dot net surf. We have an vb application that opens multiple instances of IE object, each to different web pages.  It then takes information from the current record in the app, populates fields on each of the web pages, and them submits the forms.  We are then able to look at the resulting web pages and quickly get the info we're looking for.This prevents us from having to manually navigate to each web site, enter the same information and then wait for the page to open.  If there is ...

Web forms and mobile web forms

Submitting Web forms fields to sql database by clicking on SUBMIT FORM and sending the form fields to email box
I have a created or designed a form to be stored in a SQL database table and at the same time when a user clicks on SUBMIT button the form fields will automatically goto the visitor email address immediately. Also i have created a database with tables for each of this forms Pls help i have over 10 forms designed but the problem of submitting them to the table database and the user email address is the challenge now.... You ned to familiarise yourself with the basics of database access in ASP.NET.  There are free tutuorials here: http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/da...

Include web form inside web form

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

Web Form vs. Web Content Form

Strange output in web form after web form is displayed.
   I have been using a web user control for over a week now with no problems. I am now getting strange output in my web form after my controls display on the page. Below is the strange output. Can anyone tell me what is wrong here? Note I did not include it all because it is quite large.   Request Details Session Id: l5b5vkazucfatba4oliaw1vi Request Type: POST Time of Request: 9/10/2007 4:59:59 PM Status Code: 200 Request Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8) Response Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8) Trace Information Category Message From First(s) F...

Web resources about - After adding a date field in a web form update gives error - asp.net.web-forms

Adding machine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An adding machine was a class of mechanical calculator , usually specialized for bookkeeping calculations. In the United States, the earliest ...

Is Facebook Adding Results From Five-Star Ratings System To Pages?
Facebook appears to be testing the inclusion of results of its five-star ratings system directly under the names of the pages and above their ...

FACEBOOK KEEPS ADDING FRIENDS THAT I NEVER REQUESTED O BE FRIENDS. SOME OF THE PEOPLE THEY ARE REQUESTING ...

Adding Support for Incoming App Links on iOS
Learn how to implement support for receiving incoming App Links for iOS.

Facebook Adding App Bookmark Reordering to the Home Page Soon
Since the new Facebook home page launched a few weeks ago - making a few application bookmarks more prominent on the home page - one of the usability ...

CSS3 : What is the best method for adding 2x images to webpages that will be displayed on the new iPad ...
Answer (1 of 14): WebKit deals in logical pixels and a device pixel ratio to render stuff. It knows nothing about the physical pixels of the ...

VidReverse-Reverse Video by controlling video speed and by adding your own music to video easily on the ...
Get VidReverse-Reverse Video by controlling video speed and by adding your own music to video easily on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, ...

Adding weight - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Army Spc. David Helton, Company A, 2nd Battalion, 87th Infantry Regiment, puts more weight on the barbell at Combat Outpost Apache in Wardak ...

Obama says adding $4 trillion to debt is unpatriotic. - YouTube
On July 3, 2008 the day before Independence Day Barack Obama said that adding $4 trillion in debt was irresponsible and "unpatriotic. Obama: ...

Adding new airs and graces
Airports have finally recognised that they need some new tricks to keep their passengers satisfied.