add projects to a project

hi,

just wanted to ask , i have a Class Library project and added for it 2 new Class Library projects
now ofcourse when i compile the projects ti give mes 3 dll files and to add it to other projects i have to add the three dlls
is there anyway to add only the dll files to the main project dll in compile time..or its just i have to take the three dll and it to my projects
Thanks in advance
Mahmoud Manasrah
0
manasrahfantom

Each project under your solution produces its own dll, I don't think there is anyway to combine them at compile time.
I could write a signature here, but who'd read it?
0
petesop1

how to add a web form of one project to another project?
   how to add a web form of  one project to another project? i wat to add already designed form of one project to my new project. is there any option like ' add existing form' in ASP.net? thanks shubhada   Right click on Web site node in the Solution Explorer and choose Add Existing Item.Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Thanks shubhada...

VS 2005 SP1 + .NET AJAX => automatically adds web.config in nested Web Application Project when opening project or solution
I get a 'Configuration Error' on an aspx page because VS added automatically a web.config to my nested Web Application Project where no web.config file should be. This effect I have noticed since I have installed SP1 and .NET AJAX Extensions. Why is VS 2005 adding the web.config file and how can I disable this behavior? Following is the content of the automatically added web.config file (comments omitted): <?xml version="1.0"?><configuration>    <appSettings/>    <connectionStrings/>    <system.web> &...

Adding a C# web form to a web project built on a VB project type
I've never tried this before and could use some advice..I have a ASP.Net web application project initially created as VB "project type". In a typical folder called Views, I have default.aspx and default.aspx.vb. Now I would like to add to this folder a C# web form. First, I noticed that the dialog for Add New Item does not even contain a web form c-sharp. So, I created another web project with a c-sharp model and then a new web form called QControl. I then copied the files (QControl.aspx, QControl.aspx.cs, QControl.aspx.designer.cs) to my original Views folder described above. ...

Web Application Projects vs. Web Site Project- Where is Copy Project?
I have opted to use the Web App Project in 2005 (The 2003 Model)http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336618.aspxWhy is the copy project missing when this model is used? It was there in 2003?Thank you,Patrick http://www.SURFThru.com   SURFThru.com I wanted to bump this topic again to see if any Microsoft techs had any input on this item.SURFThru.com...

UpdatePanel & Form View in Web Site Project vs. Web Application Project
I am seeing two different behavour patters when using the UpdatePanel in a Web Application Project (File > Add New Project > ASP.NET AJAX-Enabled Web Application) vs a Web Site Project (File > New Website > ASP.NET AJAX-Enabled Web Site) The exact same code will complie in one project type but not in another. The code is: <asp:FormView ID="FormView1" runat="server">   <EditItemTemplate>     <asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" runat="server">       <ContentTemplate>        ...

Add class library project to web site project?
If I have a web site project, how can I also include (for convenience sake) a class library project within the same solution area - just like it was possible to do so under VS 2002?Thanks, regards, dnw. Hi DNW,To add a class library project, just select File->Add->New Project and select a "Class Library" type.  This will then add a class library into your solution.  Then within your web project right click and select "Add reference" and click the projects tab to add a reference to it from the web site.  This workflow is similar to what you would do with VS 2002/3 and w...

Web project error when trying to open a .net project
I am very new to this & drowning. I created a very simple web project with the ext of .vbproj. If I double clik on it I go into visual studio with no problem BUT if I try and open another project also with .vbproj extension I get the message that it's a web project & that I need to open using it's URL path. File, open project gives me the same message & if I try File, open web project - even tho it's looking for files of type *.vbproj - it does not see the file. How do I open it & how was it created?...

Benefits of creating a Web Deployment project for a Setup project for a website vs a Web Setup project
I'm creating an installer for a website.The only thing I require as input from the user (in Custom Actions) is settings for the web.config. My initial approach was to create a Deployment project from my web project ans use this as input to the Setup project.Couldn't I use a Web Setup project instead of a Web Deployment + Setup project to do the same thing?Issues I have found with the Web Deployment is that I cannot edit it's contents at installation time, I'm taking user input at installation time to write to the web.config that the Installer uses but of course this file is embedded in the W...

Web Site Project or Web Application Project?
Hi all, I have a situation here.  My team's project has window and web clients, and we used Team System to control Source Code. We have a contract company that develop the generated codes for some of the web pages that being used in the web client.  They built it using Web Site Project.  We still need to develop some other web pages that has different functionalities than the code generator and one of our team member created a project which is a Web Application Project.  Now, the code generator doesn't work because it won't compile in our Web Application Pro...

Web Deployment Project and Web Application Project
 Hi! Maybe I have missed something, but shouldn't there be possible to do a web deployment project of a web application project? I have followed this guide http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa479568.aspx, but  I can't get it to work without building the web application project first. With TFSBuild it fails even if I build the web application first. The error looks like this: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_compiler.exe -v /WebDepWeb.csproj -p <MySourceFolder>\WebDepWeb -f <MySourceFolder>\WebDepBuild\Binaries\Release\_PublishedWebsi...

Web Site Project and Web Application Project
I hope someone can help me out with this question.I have been using Web Application Projects and like what it can offer because I am so used to how VS 2003 was structured. I am trying to teach someone the difference between Web Site Projects and Web Application Projects, but haven't been able to figure out how to create a new solution that is specific to the Web Site Project structure anymore. I thought when I installed Web Application Projects, I would have the option to switch back and forth between Web Site Projects and Web Application Projects. Is there something I am overlooking when I ...

Web Application Project/Web Site Project
Hello, I have some couple of questions... 1) How do I know a particular application already built in asp.net is "Web Application Project" or "Web Site Project" ?2) Also I have a application built in ASP.NET and If I open the source code in VS2005, Its giving a message saying this application is built in old version and it should be converted into new version before even using. So should I migrate the application to "Web Application Project" or "Web Site Project" ? . kindly advise..(Note: This application is NOT very big or complex.) Thanks in Advance..Renil. 1)A web application pro...

Web Application Project and Web Deployment Project
I went to http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336619.aspx and downloaded the web deployment project. Installed it and tried to create a deployment project for my web application project. However, I do not get the menu item. I've tried this with existing WAP's, new WAP's, but no luck. I have VS 2005 team developer, with SP1 and Team Explorer installed.I've tried the steps mentioned through out this post: http://forums.asp.net/thread/1502324.aspx but still have no luck in getting the menu item.Any help would be appreciatedWayne...

Web Deployment Project with Web Application Project
I currently have a working Solution that contains 3 VB class library projects and one Web Application Project and it is working fine. I would like to use the web.config replacement functionality from the Web Deployment Projects. I add a Web Deployment project and keep the defaults, and the build is broken. Whenever I try to build, I get the following error: error ASPPARSE: Could not load type 'MyWebApp.Page1'. Done building project "MyWebApp.vbproj_deploy.wdproj" -- FAILED. I have searched on this and found some information, but it doesn't seem to help. I&#...

Web resources about - add projects to a project - asp.net.web-forms

The Project Shrink - Welcome To Shrinkonia.
... about the importance of the environment we work in and the stories we tell, we should have a Set Designer and a Storyteller on our projects. ...

Better Projects
I think this book by Tobias is beautifully written. There is real craftmanship in the prose here. The book is made up of independent self contained ...

Project Gutenberg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Most of the items in its collection are the full texts of public domain books . The project tries to make these as free as possible, in long-lasting, ...

New Australian lottery could raise funds for heritage projects
A mega national lottery - similar to the Sydney Opera House lottery that financed its construction&nbsp;-&nbsp;could be introduced to fund and ...

Master Six Sigma Lean project management for $49
The Six Sigma Lean management philosophy has been gaining popularity among IT professionals, and for good reason—it helps teams improve internal ...

World's most ambitious tidal power project underway in Scotland
Underwater turbines could soon produce electricity, which supporters say is a better alternative to solar and wind power

SunEdison Confident About Returns From India’s Cheapest-ever Solar Power Project
In spite of having secured the rights to develop a 500 MW solar power project at the lowest-ever tariff in India, global renewable energy project ...

'Smart City' project to steer US toward better roadways
US transportation chief offers up a $50 million prize for the city that can best lead the US out of its "20th century thinking."

‘Sicario’ Scribe Taylor Sheridan On Next Projects & Brutality In Drug War Film: “I Didn’t Make That Up” ...
This year, Taylor Sheridan made the transition from actor to screenwriter with his film Sicario , a border thriller directed by Denis Villeneuve ...

I've got my eye on Nioh, Team Ninja's latest action project
We've heard very little from Team Ninja and Koei Tecmo regarding Nioh . It wasn't even playable at TGS, and was only there in video form. But ...