Add controls in textbox ( TextBox1.Controls.Add(); )

hi to all
i want to know about TextBox1.Controls.Add
it is possible to add controls in a textbox like placeholder
i am using  this much of code for add linkbutton in a textbox

1    LinkButton lb = new LinkButton();
2 lb.Text = "Linkbutton1";
3 lb.ID = "link1";
4 5 TextBox1.Controls.Add(lb);
6 7 Response.Write (TextBox1.Controls.Count);
8 Response.Write(TextBox1.Controls.ToString());

this code run without any error
when i count a control in textbox then it will disply me a 1
but on the page it will not display any controls in a textbox

if this is possible in differant way then please help me out

i am say  thnks to all
who reply me and also
who read this post

chirag
Software developer
INDIA
chiragvm

Well... you can. You have to remember that XHTML is XML and HTML. So, an <input> </input> tag "can" have controls, I'm not sure if any browser will render it.

 A textbox is a textbox, you can't add any content to it (except text). The fact that the markup/code allows you to do so is besides the point :)

Thought... when I tried this the entire document lost it's XMLishness. (no /> anymore).

The Killer Ninja Coding Monkeys thank those that mark helpful posts as answers.

My Site | My Examples | My Blog

0
RTernier

Add .Net Control to Web Custom Control

this.Controls.Add does not add control to child collection (this.Controls.Count == 0)
Ok, as silly as it may sound, I have a situation where I am creating a CompositeControl in ASP.NET 2.0, C#. I have the following code in the CreateChildControls() method that build the control's child control collection: 1    for (int i = 0; i < _menus.Count; i++)2    this.Controls.Add(_menus[i]);3    4    foreach (FloatingMenu menu in _menus)5    {6    Label lbl = new Label();7    lbl.ID = string.Concat("GroupQ", menu.ID);8    lbl.CssClass = "menuIt...

add window form control on web form
i want to add windows from control link label on web from .what should i do?  saurabhiP:i want to add windows from control link label on web from . Windows form controls are for windows application and should not be used on web forms.You want a link label which is the same as a hyperlink in ASP.NET so use that instead.  saurabhiP:i want to add windows from control link label on web from .what should i do?  Hi saurabhiP,Base on my understanding, you want to use windows control to web form. But base on my experience, there are many issues! Check the following l...

Help! How to add a standard web control to a web form?
I have just created a asp.net web application using Visual Studio .NET 2008. I opened the Default.aspx in design view, but I noticed that if I drag any control under the standard control tab to the web form, the cursor changes to the shape ( a circle with a line across to it ) that tells me that I cannot do that.  Why? Did I miss something?  It seems this is the very basic thing people will do. Please help!     It could be because you designer view is out of sync with you source view. Try right clicking into your design and selected 'Refresh...

Add web control to different user control
Hey there, A little new to this .NET stuff, so go easy. I need to dynamically add some web controls into a place holder in a differnt user control than I am in? Any ideas? I've tried Declaring the placeholder as public, but still cannot reference it from a different user control. I am OK with the actual dynamic web control bit, it's just the refferencing of the placeholder that I'm struggling with Cheers Adam Reply With Quote Hi Adam, Welcome to forum! Can you post some skeleton code, you are using?Leon LangleybenMCSD, ASP.NET MVPBlog C# Web Page --------...

Add user control from user control to web page
Hi there, I have a user control, that is inside another user control on a web page. From this user contfol, I need to add something to a place holder on the parent web page. I am having troubles referencing the placeholder correclty. I can get it fine as build time, but on runtime it kicks up the "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. -------------------------------------------------------------- protected Civil_and_Corporate.candcadmin._default _default; ------------------------- Control objControl...

Controls.Add in Composite Control that inherits another control
Hi! I created a composite control that inherits from the WebControls.Button. I added the following in the Load event:         Dim mHidden As New WebControls.HiddenField        Me.Controls.Add(mHidden) but the control is not created. Why?Dimitris PapadimitriouSoftware Development Professional Hi,Child controls on Button do not make much sense (how would you expect them to be rendered, doesn't button allow only text into value attribute?). Button allows child controls to be added, but they won't be rendered b...

Dynamically add control to web form
Hi, How can I add controls dynamically to the web form on run time.I have button called 'Add more controls'. When I click this button the code should generate one control(textbox, or Dropdownlist) to the form.If I click this button again it should add one more control to the page etc.How I can achieve this functionality? Thanks.. You could always add the control to the form at runtime and set the visibility to false. When you click the button you want to to add the control to the page, just set the visibility property of the control to true.Erin...

Checking When add control to Web Form ???
I have a problem when I create my first control. Assumption is: I want to create web custom control which my control will create html input box and one iframe tag. Everything go well if I add just one control to my web form. But When I add my custom control to web form more than one instance. The problem occurs. The cause is my embedded javascript got conflict with iframe tags. normally, with normal html code we just use one iframe for many html input boxes. So. The point is Can we write the code in web custom control to check and tell the custom control to use just one iframe tag ...

Dynamically add textbox controls to form
Hi, I am trying to create a Forward Message Form that allows a user to send a particular Banner Message to a variable number of friends. Basically... I need to collect for each friend entered, a firstname, lastname and email. Problem is if I have 5 fixed controls on my form and the user decides he wants to send to more than just 5 and clicks to add a more.... what I want is to dynamically add more textboxes for the user to enter additional information into. If I do this how do I then retrieve the data inputted into the many different boxes??   Dollarjunkie.Net Web/Software Engineer...

How to add values to template control fields textbox control in GridView..
Hi all,    <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" EnableViewState="true" DataKeyNames="LicenseTemplateID"                       runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" OnSelectedIndexChanged="GridView1_SelectedIndexChanged"                       Width="345px">                       <Columns>                           <asp:Templa...

add controls to web form at run time
Dear all,  I have one question that may be familiar with some of you. As you know that in some job web site, if you are adding your job experiences in which the numbers are in the range. It can be severals. If in the web form we only have two sets of controls for entering job experiences information. How can we do if user have more than two? Can we add more sets of controls at run time for job experience information when user are clicking add job experiences button?  Do you have any sample codes? The controls can be dropdownlist, textboxes, labels or buttons!!!   Th...

Accordion ContentContainer ==> Add one control, goto another line, add another control, ...
 I am trying to make an Ajax Accordion menu, and i am creating within a Content container Hyperlink(control) for each page in my site. The problem is that the links are being placed side by sided  and i want them every one in each line inside a pane.Here is my code:  1 protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) 2 { 3 Label lblContent = new Label(); 4 Label lblHeader = new Label(); 5 HyperLink link = new HyperLink(); 6 //Pane Controle de Usu├írio 7 AjaxControlToolkit.AccordionPane aPane = n...

Web resources about - Add controls in textbox ( TextBox1.Controls.Add(); ) - asp.net.web-forms

Firefighters battle out of control bushfire in Bullsbrook
Around 70 firefighters are battling an out of control bush-fire in Bullsbrook.

Firefighters battle out of control bushfire in Bullsbrook
Around 70 firefighters are battling an out of control bush-fire in Bullsbrook.

US Democratic candidates clash over gun control at debate
Hillary Clinton criticised over foreign policy and gun control but again confirms her position as frontrunner for the Democratic nomination. ...

Victorian fires out of control
Residents are being urged to evacuate as an out of control bushfire near the Indigo Valley in northern Victoria threatens homes. Courtesy ABC ...

Victorian bushfires: Fire crews battle to get blazes under control in hot, windy conditions
Several fires continue to burn in hot, windy conditions in Victoria, but all of the emergency warnings have been downgraded, CFA officials say. ...

Dell Issues Patch For Content Adaptive Brightness Control On The XPS 13
... issues, as all devices do. One that was very frustrating to deal with during the review was the aggressive Content Adaptive Brightness Control ...

Tencent Holdings Takes Full Control of 'League of Legends' Developer Riot Games
Breitbart News Tencent Holdings Takes Full Control of 'League of Legends' Developer Riot Games Breitbart News Riot Games, the creators of ...

China's Xi on cyberspace control
Chinese President Xi Jinping defended his country's right to censor Internet content, signaling confidence in the strategy.

Taliban forces take control of key district in Afghanistan's Helmand province
CNN Taliban forces take control of key district in Afghanistan's Helmand province CNN Kabul, Afghanistan (CNN) Taliban forces have taken almost ...