Accessing controls inside User control template

Hi, I need to create a user control with one template. That template needs to be like View in MultiView or Wizzard control or Panel. It means, that controls, which are inside should be visible to the page. It will be created just once per control.

I need to be able to write :  TextBox1.Text = "Hello world"

not : (MyUserControl1.Controls.FindControl("TextBox1") as TextBox).Text = "Hello world"

Thanks, radco

If this is a answer to your problem, mark it as answer in right upper corner. It helps other who read your article to known that it is correct answer
0
radco

if that is the case you should expose public properties in your user control for each property you want to access in the page

Eg;

usercontrol

public TextBox TextBox1

{

   get

{

return this.TextBox1;

}

In implementing page

usercontrol1.TextBox1.Text ="hello world";

If this solves your problem please mark as answer
0
Raggers
6/14/2008 8:23:47 AM

No, that is not what I want. I don`t know at design time of my user controls, what controls it will include. That controls are added in page. So I need a template with those controls. That is not problem, my problem is, that I don`t know how to make that controls accessible from page, like they were in Panel, MultiView or Wizzard controls.

radco

If this is a answer to your problem, mark it as answer in right upper corner. It helps other who read your article to known that it is correct answer
0
radco

Accessing a control inside a Web User control
Hello, I have a bunch of controls inside a Web User Control (.ascx) file. This user control is used inside an aspx page. I wanted to access the controls inside the ascx from the codebehind for aspx (have to bind a drop down list inside the ascx from the codebehind for the aspx) How can this be done? ...tried using FindControl method but it somehow returns 'null' Thanks in advance,Kumar A better solution is to expose a property from the User Control (perhaps a DataSet) and then fill in that DataSet and bind the control inside the UserControl and have the UserControl do the work,...

User Control Within UserControl
If I have a user control A and then inside it a user control B embedded/referenced within it.  User Control A has a panel defined (cpeNewUser) that I want to manipulate from the code behind of User Control B based on some event that happens.So putting this in my code behind of User Control B won't work as it has no idea of cpeNewUser:cpeNewUser.Collapsed = true;So is it because only at runtime they are married up and because of this you cannot access each other's objects at compile time?  How would I get this to work becuase I'm using all user controls inside a AJAX Too...

Web user control inside update panel replace with another web user control
 Hi there. I have a page with a menu. an and then the content. My thing is. That i have the update panel, and inside that i have a regual panel in which i add the Web User Controls i need. Which all works fine. My problem is. That i i have a submit funcion on almoast all the Web User controls. What i would like is that i inside that update panel, can dispose the original Web user Control and then add a response Web User Control. In normal language. Is there a way that i can load one web user control into antoher and then disposose the original? Thanks in advance hello. well, what ...

Accessing properties of user control inside user control
I have a simple MemberPhoto user control which has a photo of a member along with username and if they are online.I would like to reuse this control inside of another user control (MemberSummary) that would include the member's photo and some basic information about the member.  I would like to know what is the "Best Practice" to set/read properties on the member photo control from a web form.1. Should the MemberSummary define a property that returns the MemberPhoto user control and there I would have access to th...

Web User Control to Web User Control...

How to access a user control from another user control in a Wizard control
My page has a wizard control and each step is a user control.  I could find the value of a control in step1 user control in the wizard page but not in step2 user control.From wizard.aspx.vb – it worksDim m_title As DropDownList = CType(Me.PersonalBox1.FindControl("ddlTitle1"), DropDownList) Question:How can I find the value of a control(textbox or dropdownlist)in step1 user control from step2 user control? I want to find “PersonalBox1.FindControl("ddlTitle1")” from Step2 AddressBox1. I have tried several ways to access it but no luck. From AddressBox.ascx.vb –...

Javascript inside "web user control" not run if load "web user control" under ajax UpdatePanel

Accessing form controls from a user control
What's up all,I have a user information form in a user control(standard input fields). When I used use VS 2003 I could set the declared Web Controls to "public" so I could access them from the page referencing the user control..But with VS 2005 I can't seem to find a way to access the declarations of the individual Web Controls to make them public.Would it be a better idea to make a property for each control, within the user control and make those public to retrieve the data? Thanks!Gary It's a good OOP practice to create a public property within the UserControl to expose access...

Access SqlDataSource on Web Form from a Web User Control...
Hello, I want to access a SqlDataSource on a Web Form fromout. a Web User Control. To do this, I have in my code behind of the Web User Control the folowing code: DropDownList1.DataSource = (this.Page.FindControl("SqlDataSource3") as SqlDataSource);DropDownList1.DataTextField = "Name;DropDownList1.DataValueField = "NameIDropDownList1.DataBind(); But, the control (ic. SqlDataSource3) is not found. Even other controls like labels and buttons are not found with the FindControl. What am I doing wrong? Thanks Andromedaris     This is not much of a surprise,...

Access a Web User Control Method from a Web Form
I'm trying to pass the Selected Index value from a web user control in a web form to the user controls selectedIndexchanged Sub.  I can't seem to figure out how to pass the information that I need to the user control and have it execute the sub routine. In the SelectedInedxChanged Sub I have a switch Statement and I want to get the index value from the web form where the user control is located and compare it to each case and then to have it execute the code for the case that it matches. What do I need to do? Hi, I am not sure if I understood your question correctly. I su...

Access Parent control inside a user control
Hi, I have a user control that placed on a web form. My web form also contains an IFrame object. In my user control I have a HTML Button object that I write below code in its click event in HTML View: function imgHome_onclick() {  document.getElementById('IFrameName').src = "frmUser.aspx"; } IFrameName is name of IFrame object that placed on parent form. In fact I want to access an object that is placed on the parent form inside a user control. But at runtime when I click on html button it generate this error: document.getElementById (...) is null or not an o...

access server control inside a user control
hi, how can i access a server control say a textbox or a label which inside a user control say a header of menu from an aspx page on which that control is being placed like user control name : ucontrol server control inside user control : txtusername how can i access that txtusername from inside ucontrol thanks, regardsX Do a search for "usercontrol findcontrol" on this forum and you'll get plenty of past posts on this topic.  Much better than repeating the instructions here....

Access controls inside nested user controls
Hi!  I have no experience with asp.net and I have a default.aspx page with some componentes, a menu and an UpdatePanel with a PlaceHolder inside, according the menu button pressed, I load an ascx page inside the PlaceHolder. Everything works well but inside service.ascx page I have another user control named form.ascx with some normal asp.net controls. The problem is I don´t know how to access componentes inside form.ascx (that is inside service.aspx) from default.aspx.cs. For example: I have a Label named "status" inside for...

Access parent control in Web user control
Iam using Web User Control. I need to assign some values to the parent control. Is it possible to do it?. Thanks in advance. Cheers!!! Prashanthan KThanks! Prashanthan K I got the solution for this. Me.Parent.FindControl("") returns the parent control. Thanks Prashanthan KThanks! Prashanthan K...

Accessing Web Controls within a User Control
Hi, I've built a page which contains a user control. The contents of this user control is a dynamically-built series of radiobuttonlists. What I need to be able to do is access these radiobuttonlists from the code behind the outer page, the one containing the user control. However, it seems as though I cannot do this. Looping through control.controls I can see a placeholder control within my user control, but not the dynamically generated radiobuttonlists beneath it. As far as I'm aware you can usually access dyanamically generalted controls by using control.controls, but this seems di...

user control inside a user control
i've currently got one of my pages setup so that I have a user control, CreateMessage.ascx, inside my main user control, ViewChangeMessages.ascx. My problem is that i've got a method inside my main usercontrol that either hides or shows the second user control, but it doesn't work, mainly coz i found out that the second user control is loaded before my main one. Is there any way i can get around this? You could try to load the second user control programmatically the OnPreRender method of your main user control. You'll need to add a placeholder in the spot you want the user control to...

web controls and web user control

User Control inside User Control
I have an ASPX with user controls in it called UC1.There is another user control called UC2 within user control UC1.(UC1 - parent , UC2 - child) What I need to do is to pass value of the text box that’s located inside user control UC1 to UC2. This is the code I put into  user control UC1. How to I read it in User control UC2? Public ReadOnly Property propCountryName() As TextBox Get Return Me.txtCountrygName End Get End Property    Thank you100 years live, 100 years learn Hello, In UC2, try the followin code Dim tb As TextBox=CT...

User Control inside User Control
I have an ASPX with user controls in it called UC1.There is another user control called UC2 within user control UC1.(UC1 - parent , UC2 - child) What I need to do is to pass value of the text box that’s located inside user control UC1 to UC2. This is the code I put into  user control UC1. How to I read it in User control UC2?   Public ReadOnly Property propCountryName() As TextBox Get Return Me.txtCountrygName End Get End Property    Thank you100 years live, 100 years learn You can define a property inside the UC1 and UC2. Pag...

User Control Inside a Modal Pop Up
Hello, I am a beginner with AJAX and need some help. I have a user user control that I want to place in a Modal Pop up, but I am running into some issues.  The user control is used for doing some seaching of database records. After the use selects a record, they choose from one of three radio buttons and then hit a submit button. This submit button has logic tied to it that needs to be performed before closing the modal pop up. I want to make this button (btnDoLogic) that is inside the User Control, the button that is tied to the...

Web resources about - Accessing controls inside User control template - asp.net.web-forms

Student pleads guilty to accessing records about Frances Abbott design scholarship
The Sydney student who leaked information about a fashion school scholarship controversially awarded to the daughter of the Prime Minister has ...

Accessing a headline opinion
Accessing a headline opinion

Sharp increase in authorities accessing private data
Australian law enforcement and government agencies have sharply increased their access without warrant to vast quantities of private telephone ...

Former librarian charged with accessing student records of Frances Abbott
A former part-time librarian at a Sydney design school has been charged after she allegedly accessed student records of Prime Minister Tony Abbott's ...