Access Web Control's property within the Web Form

Hello,

I have a Web Control which has a TextBox and a Button. I want to put this Control on a WebForm, then put some text in a Control's TextBox, press on Control's Button and be able to access text box's value from within the Web Form.
That's my Control:
public class Colo : System.Web.UI.UserControl
{
protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox TextBox1;
protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button Button1;
public string Myval{
get{return (string)ViewState["myval"];}
set{ViewState["myval"] = value;}
}
private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e){}
private void Button1_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e){
Myval = TextBox1.Text;
}
}

On a Web Form:
private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e){
lblValue.Text = (string)ViewState["myval"];
}

lblValue will show the Control's text only on the second post-back, not on the first one.
Seems like Control's ViewState isn't available for Web Form immediately.
My question is - how to make it work? Thanks in advance!
0
Nicholas11

ViewState can be only used for postback, so you may try use session variable or set the usercontrol property directly from aspx.
jimmym

I can set Control's property from Web Form without any problem. But I need to get it.
Session works fine in this case, I was just wandering if it's possible to do with a ViewState.
0
Nicholas11

web web web

Web forms and mobile web forms

Access a Web User Control Method from a Web Form
I'm trying to pass the Selected Index value from a web user control in a web form to the user controls selectedIndexchanged Sub.  I can't seem to figure out how to pass the information that I need to the user control and have it execute the sub routine. In the SelectedInedxChanged Sub I have a switch Statement and I want to get the index value from the web form where the user control is located and compare it to each case and then to have it execute the code for the case that it matches. What do I need to do? Hi, I am not sure if I understood your question correctly. I su...

Access SqlDataSource on Web Form from a Web User Control...
Hello, I want to access a SqlDataSource on a Web Form fromout. a Web User Control. To do this, I have in my code behind of the Web User Control the folowing code: DropDownList1.DataSource = (this.Page.FindControl("SqlDataSource3") as SqlDataSource);DropDownList1.DataTextField = "Name;DropDownList1.DataValueField = "NameIDropDownList1.DataBind(); But, the control (ic. SqlDataSource3) is not found. Even other controls like labels and buttons are not found with the FindControl. What am I doing wrong? Thanks Andromedaris     This is not much of a surprise,...

Retreiving a value from a web form within a web user control
Hi  I have a page (web form) that retreives some data from a database. To be more specific: at some point when user clicks a button (in the web form) there is some ID number retreived from a database in code behind. At the same time the Visible property of the nestet web user control is chamged to true. I want than forward the ID to the web user control so that a grid view can load data from a database for that ID. How can I access that data (the ID) within a web user control context nested in that page?  Kind regards   Check this ;ink  http://www.codeproject.com/K...

Web Form vs. Web Content Form

Web resources about - Access Web Control's property within the Web Form - asp.net.web-forms