Access controls in Wizard control header template.

Is this possible?
Web dev - spending forever achieving nothing.
0
WhatThe12

hi,

suppose the control in the header template is a DDL with Id DropDownList1

access it this way

DropDownList dp = (DropDownList)Wizard1.FindControl("headerContainer$DropDownList1");
        Response.Write(dp.SelectedValue);

hope it helps

Jessica Cao
Sincerely,
Microsoft Online Community Support

“Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
0
Jessica

How to access a user control from another user control in a Wizard control
My page has a wizard control and each step is a user control.  I could find the value of a control in step1 user control in the wizard page but not in step2 user control.From wizard.aspx.vb – it worksDim m_title As DropDownList = CType(Me.PersonalBox1.FindControl("ddlTitle1"), DropDownList) Question:How can I find the value of a control(textbox or dropdownlist)in step1 user control from step2 user control? I want to find “PersonalBox1.FindControl("ddlTitle1")” from Step2 AddressBox1. I have tried several ways to access it but no luck. From AddressBox.ascx.vb –...

Web control in web control

Serverside Template Control
I've created a template control what I am running into difficults is during the Page_Load event on my web page I cannot access the child controls in the two possible templates. What I would like to be able to do is set the value or make some changes to the control at runtime but I have not been successful in gaining code access to the control, for example the TEXTBOX1 control in the EditTemplate template.     Does anyone know a good way to preform this task, let alone if I am even using the correct event Example of HTML Render  <aspSample:TextLabe...

accessing a control on a different web controls
I have 2 web controls on one aspx page.  I want to set the label1.text property on control1 from a button click event on control2.  Is there any to do that?     Thanks Hi,the strategy is to let the Page take care of this flow. To do this, first expose the Label's text with a property declared in Control1, for example<% Control Language="C#" %><script runat="server">public string Text {    get { return myLabel.Text; }    set { myLabel.Text = value; }}</script><asp:Label id="myLabel" runat="server"></asp:Label>...

Accessing form controls from a user control
What's up all,I have a user information form in a user control(standard input fields). When I used use VS 2003 I could set the declared Web Controls to "public" so I could access them from the page referencing the user control..But with VS 2005 I can't seem to find a way to access the declarations of the individual Web Controls to make them public.Would it be a better idea to make a property for each control, within the user control and make those public to retrieve the data? Thanks!Gary It's a good OOP practice to create a public property within the UserControl to expose access...

Finding a control on a templated wizard control
 Hi All,can't seem to get the selected value from a radio button list that is located on a templated wizard control, what am I doing wrong?? the control is in bold.aspx file:                 <asp:Wizard ID="callLogWizard" runat="server" Width="686px" ActiveStepIndex="0" Height="126px">                        <HeaderTemplate> ...

How to access a child control in a templated control?
I am not sure how to access a child control that I addes to a templated control. For example: I drag a Login Control (ID: "Login1") into page in VisualStudio web developer, I can click on it and from the upper right of that control now in my desinger I can choose "convert to template".  Now I can drop in my own control to be added to the Login Control.  Let say I drag over a DropDownList control (ID: "DropDownList1") and place it at the bottom within the Login Control. At run time I might expect to access the my DropDownList control with somethin...

Web resources about - Access controls in Wizard control header template. - asp.net.web-forms

Russell Crowe needs to stop fighting players and take control of his club again
Souths need only look to the Roosters to see how fundamental change is needed

Apple’s iOS 9.3 preview page hints at possible Control Center toggle to enable Night Shift
... If you head to the iOS 9.3 preview page on Apple Canada’s website , you can see that there’s an option to enable Night Shift from Control Center ...

#TBT: The Time Ad Age Went All-In for Gun Control
"Can there be any doubt anywhere that violence and contempt for law and order are doing their rotten best to tear American society apart? "Can ...

China tightens controls on moving money overseas
Chinese banks are delaying and even blocking some foreign exchange transactions, a move that could hurt demand for foreign assets including Australian ...

New Night Shift mode in iOS 9.3 could have its own Control Center toggle
In all likelihood, youll be able to toggle the new Night Shift mode in iOS 9.3 right from Control Center. It came from Canada At least thats ...

Pregnancy cost control thoughts
... I am cleaning out my interesting article bucket: Health Affairs has an intriguing study from Minnesota on the effectiveness of doulas to control ...

Simple free app alerts you when a program (or hacker) takes control of your webcam
... can take over your webcam without you knowing about it. That's right, malware, hackers or even government agencies like the NSA can take control ...

Top 10 Techniques for Taking Control of Your Anxiety in the New Year
... seek professional advice to rule out any underlying medical condition you may have or the need of medication. If you're ready to take control ...

Cruz control: take a look at his puppet master
Cruz control by digby If you read nothing else today, read this Bloomberg article about Ted Cruz's top benefactor, the certifiably looney tunes ...