.NET 1.1 version of "Previous Page?"

I have a web app built in ASP.NET 1.1 and C#.  I need to base some controls on a page on what page the user has navigated there from, e.g. a button's text and On_Click function will depend on how the user got to the page.  I know that in .NET 2.0 I could use an "if (Page.PreviousPage == "PageName.aspx") statement, but is there an equivalent in 1.1?
0
jjkatz

No previous page on 1.1 as far as I know.
Cheers
Al
My Blog
MapStats.NET
Please click on 'Mark as Answer' if this post answered your question!
0
albertpascual
3/28/2007 4:54:29 PM

Perhaps if I explain in more detail what I need to accomplish, you or someone else can suggest an alternate solution.

I have a datagrid with a link control that links to another web page.  What I'd like to happen is that if the user clicks that control, they are redirected to that other page, and the name of the page they came from is passed to the new page.  I need to configure the text label and Click event of a button on that page to one of two options, depending on whether the user came to that page from the page with the datagrid or not.

I hope that is enough information.

0
jjkatz
3/28/2007 5:58:21 PM

It sounds like you can get what you need from the web request, i.e.

 Request.Servervariables("HTTP_REFERER")

will give you the URL of the preceding page.

Cheers,

Peter Brunone
MS MVP, ASP.NET
Founder, EasyListBox.com
Do the impossible, and go home early.
0
PeterBrunone
3/28/2007 6:07:45 PM
Perfect!  Thanks!!!
0
jjkatz

Can anyone tell me the diff between .net framework versions "1.1.4322.573" and "1.1.4322.903"
Production environment is running 1.1.4322.573 Pre Production environments are running 1.1.4322.903 We are seeing some javascript errors that are only happening in our production environment. All of our pre production environments for testing, development and what not seem to be running fine. We get the generic client side error that says which line, which char number and the brief description. The actuall error states "Expected ';' " . Here is the line of code that it's complaining about. "theform = document._ctl6:Form1;" This is microsoft ge...

Paging Repeater treating page 11 as "1" and "1" not "11"
Dear AllI have a paging repeater, and I am displaying pages according to the amount of records I am retreiving from the database.  My code is as follows:-ASPX           <asp:Repeater runat="server" ID="rptPageNumbers" OnItemCommand="rptPageNumbers_ItemCommand">              <ItemTemplate>                <asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton1" runat=&quo...

Method "UrlPathEncode" available in .NET 1.1 but VS.NET 2003 not seeing it
I'm trying to reference HttpUtility.UrlPathEncode(SomeStr) in my VB code but I get a build error saying "'UrlPathEncode' is not a member of 'System.Web.HttpUtility'."I've included "Imports System.Web.HttpUtility" at the codebehind page though it won't build. Appearently, when I use HttpUtility.UrlPathEncode(SomeStr) in a page with no codebehind page, it is interpreted fine. Is this because I am trying to build the code behind using VS.Net2003? Is there a way around this short of creating these pages with no code behind?King Hi Kelder, I think it should be ser...

.Net 1.1 with .Net 2.0 virtual directory using AJAX "Sys undefined"
I'm having an issue running an AJAX app I built, I think I might know what the problem might be, but if so, I am not sure how to fix it. The main site is built with 1.1 and new application is 2.0.  I have the new application configured properly (as far as I can tell) in its own app pool, etc..  The app runs just fine (I have other 2.0 apps that run along side the main 1.1), but I am getting an error: "Sys undefined...."  I've checked to enusre the mappings for the .axd extension for this particular VD are pointing to the correct place as ...

CB2009
We load and save files with XMLDocument and FastReport 4.7. I get an error message: Invalid version number, <?xml version=""1.1" encoding="utf-8"?> Is 1.1 a valid XML version? If version 1.1 is valid, when will XMLDocument be able to handle it? Larry. "Larry Griffiths" <larry@kalos-inc.com> wrote in message news:47706@forums.codegear.com... > Is 1.1 a valid XML version? Technically yes: http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xml11-20060816/ > If version 1.1 is valid, when will XMLDocument be able to handle it? ...

CB2009
We load and save files with XMLDocument and FastReport 4.7. I get an error message: Invalid version number, <?xml version=""1.1" encoding="utf-8"?> Is 1.1 a valid XML version? If version 1.1 is valid, when will XMLDocument be able to handle it? Larry. Larry Griffiths wrote: > We load and save files with XMLDocument and FastReport 4.7. > > I get an error message: Invalid version number, <?xml version=""1.1" > encoding="utf-8"?> > > Is 1.1 a valid XML version? > > If version 1....

Has a "sunset" date been announced by Microsoft for .NET 1.1 support?
My employer has developed a large custom software package using Visual Studio 2003 and .NET 1.1.  Our other projects are mostly in .NET 2.0 and we are starting to work with .NET 3.5.  We need to find reasons why the customer should pay for one of our developers to spend 1-2 weeks doing a conversion to version 2.0 or 3.5.  The customer is trying to cut costs, so typical programmer reasons for the conversion won't cut it (e.g. "VS 2003 is way uncool and the other geeks don't respect me...").  Just kidding.  Seriously, we would like to give them the ri...

# License Version 1.1 (the "License");... appearing on bugzilla pages
It looks like whenever a cgi script is run I get the following message in addition to what should be displayed: # License Version 1.1 (the "License"); you may not use this file # except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of # the License at http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/ # # Software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS # IS" basis, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express or # implied. See the License for the specific language governing # rights and limitations under the License. # # The Original Code is the Bugzilla Bug Trac...

Can a .NET 1.1 page execute in a .NET 2.0 web site?
I've got a ASP.NET 1.1 web site to which I would like to add some ASP.NET 2.0 web pages. Could I just change the web site to point to the 2.0 .NET version and still have the .NET 1.1 web pages work so that both versions are in the same web site? Have you some of you approached this? Thanks. The official answer is maybe It's not officially supported, but most ASP.NET 1.1 pages will run fine under ASP.NET 2.0.  Officially you should run the upgrade wizard on your 1.1 pages. This is a  pretty good blog entry.      JamesMy Blog: http://www.wintersfamily.plus.c...

.NET 1.1 to 2.0 "remember me" checkbox no longer works
I have a site I recently updated to ASP.NET 2.0 from 1.1 and everything works fine (with minimal fiddling) except the remember me check box on the log in page.  I use custom forms authentication.  Web.config defines the timeout as 60 minutes: <forms name="NIDB1AuthCookie" protection="All" timeout="1" loginUrl="Login.aspx" cookieless="UseCookies" />And in the login.aspx.cs file I have it check the checkbox to see if its checked and then manually set the cookie to expire in 30 days.  if (cbRememberMe.Checked){ //Set cookie to expire in 30 days if user checks the remem...

"Error loading XML file :\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705"...does this mean v.1.1 code trying to run in a v.1.0 app?
I uploaded some new files into my existing third-party hosted site, including a .DLL into \BIN\, which is running AS.NET v.1.0. I got the following error message when browsing to one of the pages using the code in the namespace defined in the DLL: Error loading XML file c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\Config\machine.config Request for the permission of type System.Security.Permissions.StrongNameIdentityPermission, mscorlib, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 failed. (c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\Config\machine.config) ...

Web resources about - .NET 1.1 version of "Previous Page?" - asp.net.web-forms