.Controls.Add() can only execute once for a same control?

While coding the .net program in VB, I wanted to place the same place holders in a 3 (columns) x 1 (row) table. I tried to do the following

MainTD.Controls.Add(tmpTable)
MainTR.Cells.Add(MainTD)
MainTR.Cells.Add(MainTD)
MainTR.Cells.Add(MainTD)
MainTable.Rows.Add(MainTR)

As you can see, I called the "MainTR.Cells.Add(MainTD)" 3 times and SUPPOSELY it'll filled all 3 columns with placeholder (tmpTable). Unfortunately, only the first column has data populated, not the other two. Does anyone know how can I populate the same control (tmpTable) in all 3 columns?
0
Wowotoe

You're dealing with object references so you're only adding one item eventually.  You need to create an instance for each object that you want to add to the page.  Then each instance will be in its respective column.
0
stiletto

Add .Net Control to Web Custom Control

Is there any web form control that can work as IFRAME html control?????

Web control in web control

How can I control load sequence of web controls in a web page?
Hi, How can I control load sequence of web controls in a web page? Thanks. For the most part, the load sequence on a web page is not relevant since all controls must be present before the page can be used. Could you provide more information as to what you're trying to do?Christopher Reed"The oxen are slow, but the earth is patient." Hi, As far as I know, we have no luck to control the load order of the Web controls on a page. However, if we need to load some controls under given conditions, we can achieve this by adding them dynamically instead.Forwa...

add window form control on web form
i want to add windows from control link label on web from .what should i do?  saurabhiP:i want to add windows from control link label on web from . Windows form controls are for windows application and should not be used on web forms.You want a link label which is the same as a hyperlink in ASP.NET so use that instead.  saurabhiP:i want to add windows from control link label on web from .what should i do?  Hi saurabhiP,Base on my understanding, you want to use windows control to web form. But base on my experience, there are many issues! Check the following l...

Help! How to add a standard web control to a web form?
I have just created a asp.net web application using Visual Studio .NET 2008. I opened the Default.aspx in design view, but I noticed that if I drag any control under the standard control tab to the web form, the cursor changes to the shape ( a circle with a line across to it ) that tells me that I cannot do that.  Why? Did I miss something?  It seems this is the very basic thing people will do. Please help!     It could be because you designer view is out of sync with you source view. Try right clicking into your design and selected 'Refresh...

this.Controls.Add does not add control to child collection (this.Controls.Count == 0)
Ok, as silly as it may sound, I have a situation where I am creating a CompositeControl in ASP.NET 2.0, C#. I have the following code in the CreateChildControls() method that build the control's child control collection: 1    for (int i = 0; i < _menus.Count; i++)2    this.Controls.Add(_menus[i]);3    4    foreach (FloatingMenu menu in _menus)5    {6    Label lbl = new Label();7    lbl.ID = string.Concat("GroupQ", menu.ID);8    lbl.CssClass = "menuIt...

Add web control to different user control
Hey there, A little new to this .NET stuff, so go easy. I need to dynamically add some web controls into a place holder in a differnt user control than I am in? Any ideas? I've tried Declaring the placeholder as public, but still cannot reference it from a different user control. I am OK with the actual dynamic web control bit, it's just the refferencing of the placeholder that I'm struggling with Cheers Adam Reply With Quote Hi Adam, Welcome to forum! Can you post some skeleton code, you are using?Leon LangleybenMCSD, ASP.NET MVPBlog C# Web Page --------...

Web resources about - .Controls.Add() can only execute once for a same control? - asp.net.web-forms

WA bushfires: Firefighters work through the night to control several blazes
Firefighters in Western Australia are working through the night to control and contain several blazes.

MAZEL TOV, HILLARY: Clinton Wins Gun Control Award From Major Anti-Bill of Rights Group
... restrictions on the freedoms protected by the Constitution is not a sign of character, but a clear indication of blind adherence to a gun control ...

Brussels Pushes Gun Control In Wake of Paris Attacks
Europeans double down on gun control after terrorists murder defenseless civilians

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Wii U will likely support Wiimote and Nunchuk controls
Well this is interesting. Fans have been speculating as to the control schemes that will be supported in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess ...

Control Your HTPC With Scavenged IR Parts
If you’ve built yourself a home theater PC, one of your highest priorities is probably coming up with a convenient control solution. The easiest ...

ICYMI: Even the AP couldn’t validate any of Hillary’s gun control nonsense
... – not 200 as she claimed . Asked to explain the discrepancy, Clinton’s campaign pointed to 2013 statistics from the Centers for Disease Control ...

5 Questions: Punjab’s rightful control over Chandigarh, says Prem Singh Chandumajra
Shiromani Akali Dal (Badal) MP Prem Singh Chandumajra on why he raised the issue of Punjab’s claim over Chandigarh in LS.

Over-The-Counter Birth Control Empowers Women And Pharmacists In Oregon And California
Over-the-counter birth control is coming to Oregon and California. There’s an enactment of new laws on the horizon that will allow pharmacists ...

In this Dark Fairy Tale, a Sheltered Young Girl Seizes Control of Her Future
“In a family headed by a tyrannical father, the younger daughter will regain her freedom on her birthday.” It’s a simple synopsis, but Blood ...