'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label' does not contain a definition for 'Invoke'

I am making an asyncronous call to a web service. When the callback happens and my delegate is called, I want to set a text value on a label on my page. In order to do this I need to use Label1.Invoke -- However, when I compile this I get an error

'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label' does not contain a definition for 'Invoke'

I thought all controls should have an Invoke method on it.. I don't understand why I get this error? Any one experience the same thing or have any clue as to what is going on?

 // we must invoke to get back to the UI thread...

this.Label1.Invoke(new LabelDelegate(this.DisplayResponses),new object[]{response});

1
patelgs

There is no invoke method in 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label'.You can write a web method which returns a string in web service and set it to Label.Text.

I give you a link about how to create a custom web control to consume web service for reference.

http://www.15seconds.com/issue/020117.htm

1
Jasson_King

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label' to type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox'

'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox' does not contain a definition for 'InnerHtml' and ...
Hi,I have the problems (the following is one of those) with the codes below.Error 4 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox' does not contain a definition for 'InnerHtml' and no extension method 'InnerHtml' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)  Here is the markup file of 'Start.aspx' <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="Start.aspx.cs" Inherits="Newsite._Default" %...

'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Panel' does not contain a definition for 'drpData'
Hi i have the following problem: Compiler Error Message: CS0117: 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Panel' does not contain a definition for 'drpData' Source Error: Line 59: strvBilled = filepath.ToString(); Line 60: strvPris = tbvPris.Text; Line 61: strvKategori = tbvKategori.drpData.SelectedItem.Value.ToString(); Line 62: strSQL = "INSERT INTO varelist (vNummer, vNavn, vBeskriv, vBilled, vPris, vKategori) Values ("; Line 63: strSQL += strvNummer + ", '"; It should come from this list: <asp:panel ID="tbvKategori" r...

Error Serializing Value 'System.Web.UI.WebCOntrols.TreeNode' of type 'System.Web.UI.WebCOntrols.TreeNode'
Hi, I am  getting the error stated in the subject when i am storing a TreeNode in a ViewState and then using it as follows if (ViewState["ProductCounty"]!=null) { TreeNode _productCountyNode = DataTree.FindNode(((TreeNode)ViewState["ProductCounty"]).ValuePath); _productCountyNode.Expand(); } what could be causing this error? Hi, I believe TreeNode isn't serializable in a way its required for objects which can be put to ViewState - as reference - (TreeNode implements IStateManager and is meant to work together with TreeView itself saving it...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.FormView' to type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList'.
Hi,  I have a formview with a dropdownlist created dynamically. i want to determine whether the dropdownlist was clicked. the code is written in the FormView1_DataBound method. I get the following error in the line below that is in italics and underlined: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.FormView' to type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList'.   Here is my code: ddl_iFullname = New DropDownList ddl_iFullname.ID = "ddl_iFullname" ddl_iFullname.DataSource = ObjectDataSource3 ddl_iFullname.DataTextField = "fullname" ddl_iFullname.DataValueField = "...

CS0117: 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Calendar' does not contain a definition for 'SelectedValue'
am I missing some class info somewhere perhaps?Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated!error being thrown here:Line 16:                   Calendar1.SelectedValue = ("DueDate"); here is my current code:<%@ Page EnableViewState="true" Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" Inherits="CommunityServer.Controls.CSThemePage" MasterPageFile="tasks.Master" %><%@ Import Namespace="CommunityServer.Components" %><%@ Register T...

Error: Cannot convert type 'System.Web.UI.Control' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.ButtonField'
Hello, I am getting the following error during compiliation. Any suggestions to fix it. Thanks. Cannot convert type 'System.Web.UI.Control' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.ButtonField' protected void gvEvents_RowCommand(Object sender, GridViewCommandEventArgs e) { if (e.CommandName == "Select") { int index = Convert.ToInt32(e.CommandArgument); GridViewRow selectedRow = gvEvents.Rows[index]; string sID; ButtonField btn; if (selectedRow.RowType == DataControlRowType.DataRow) { sID = ((ButtonField)selectedRow.FindControl("ID")).DataTextFi...

'System.Web.HttpRequest' does not contain a definition for 'form'
Hello all. .NET 2.0 newbie here.... What I'm trying to do is learn how to use the LoadVars() in actionscript. Here is the .NET / C#/ html code  1 <form id="form1" runat="server"> 2 <div> 3 <% 4 if (Request.form("userName") == "Cameron") 5 { 6 Response.Write("&aspvar=it is You!"); 7 } 8 else 9 { 10 Response.Write("&aspvar=you are not Cameron&"); 11 } 12 13 %> ...

Error Message CS0117: 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList' does not contain a definition for 'Text'
I get this Error Message: ( CS0117: 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList' does not contain a definition for 'Text' ) from my Register.aspx when I try to open it. I've added a DropDownList to the Register.aspx page and it throws me this (CS0117 Error message). Could use some help on this. Don't know where and how to correct this problem. If I remove the Dropdownlist and recompile the CustomersDB.cs file, and run the Register.aspx page again then it opens up. But as soon as I add the DropdownList I receive this (Error CS0117). Would appreciate any help. Thank You. TIA. Here is the co...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.UI.LiteralControl' to type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox'.
Hi, any idea why I'm getting the following error?Line 45: protected void CartGrid_RowUpdating(object sender, System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewUpdateEventArgs e) Line 46: { Line 47: TextBox QuantityTextBox = (TextBox)CartGrid.Rows[e.RowIndex].Cells[2].Controls[0]; Line 48: int Quantity = Convert.ToInt32(QuantityTextBox.Text); Line 49: Are you sure that the control at CartGrid.Rows[e.RowIndex].Cells[2].Controls[0] isn't a LiteralControl?  How are you creating code this in your code?Brent JenkinsASP.NET, C#, Web Developerwww.valewebdesign.co.uk  ...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.UI.LiteralControl' to type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox'
Hello, Goal: enter a number in two fields HoursPerUnit and PeoplePerUnit and the value for the third field, TotalHoursPerUnit will populate after the the number in the two fields have been caculated.  Using the code below I receive the error message above.  Please tell me what am I doing wrong? Do I need to cast the text as a literal?  Please help? Thank you in advance, <%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="Default.master" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="frmHR.aspx.vb" Inherits="frmHR"...

'System.Web.UI.Control' does not contain a definition for 'DataItem'
Hi, I am recieving this error: 'System.Web.UI.Control' does not contain a definition for 'DataItem' What iam trying to do is when a user clicks the hyperlink column in the datagrid then the ID of that user is send to another page and I need to run the Query or something and bind the Label on the page 2 with the name of the Person. So I am using the HTML view and writing something like this : '<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"Name") %> ' here is my code behind file so how can i bind the Name of the person with the label: private void Page_Lo...

'System.Web.UI.Control' does not contain a definition for 'DataItem'
Hi, I am getting this error does anyone knows how to solve this :DHighOnCodingWanna get high! Show us the code that produces this error. Other than the exactness of the error, which explains what is exactly happening, we can't see why this is happening without seeing your code.David WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!Control Grouper - easily control properties for multiple controls with one control!Calendar Express - The Best HTML Calendar Generator on the web!(Please 'Mark as Answer' when i...

Error 1 The type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSource' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\asse
Once I build project. I encounter this error. Does someone experience this error?Error    1    The type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSource' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.6.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll'    D:\Source Code\Linq_Lesson5\Default.aspx    1    1    D:\Source Code\Linq_Lesson5\  It appears tha...

Web resources about - 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label' does not contain a definition for 'Invoke' - asp.net.web-forms