[pdf + iframe] Acrobat Reader crashes after reading some PDF

Hello everyone,

we have a site where you can watch different pdf's.

In the last weeks we got more and more mails from  users which reported that the acrobat reader crashes after reading about 4 to 5 pdfs. We tested this with version 6 and 7 and both versions have this problems (this problem happens more often in version 7). only when the adobe-process  gets killed in the task-manager (needs about 30-50 MbRam) you can restart the IE-Browser.

architecture:

we have previews of each pdf which can be clicked (LinkButtons --> Postback). After  a preview is clicked the site gets reloaded and the pdf is shown in the middle of the site in an IFRAME. i write html-code with iframe that includes the correct pdf-path to the site with ASP.NET. the pdf-files are about 300kb big.

does anybody already had a similiar problem like this? does acrobat reader have problems displaying pdfs in iframes? i think that acrobat always holds all previous shown pdfs in the cache and gets overloaded after some time.

greetings and thx

cpt.oneeye

0
cptOneEye

PDF reader/creator
Not sure how long this has been around; I just found it: http://www.nitroreader.com/ Seems a tad slugglish to me, but rather impressive list of features (and is free). On 5/28/2010 10:33 AM, Kerry Liles wrote: > Not sure how long this has been around; I just found it: > > http://www.nitroreader.com/ > > Seems a tad slugglish to me, but rather impressive list of features (and is > free). I gave it a try, but it is always crashing for me. -- Brad This message an an alpha release, bugs are expected. On 7/3/2010 5:29 PM, Brad Dux wrote: > On ...

Trying to email a Pdf directly form Acrobat Or Reader.
I use Mozilla as my email client of choice. I've tried using a feature in Acrobat or Reader to email a PDF directly from either Acrobat or Reader I end up with the following error Message : Sendmail doesn't know how to talk to your preferred mail Client. Please select a different mail client to use. I've gone to Mail.app and set in preferences to use Mozilla. I've also tried Thunderbird. In information I've found it suggest that Entourage, and mail works with sendmail. Shouldn't Mozilla. I thought that sendmail is a Standard just like mbox or W3C...

Aspose.Pdf.Form 1.0 Released!
Aspose.Pdf.Form 1.0 Released! Version 1.0.0.0 Released on January 03 2005 ...

Adobe Acrobat Reader Can Be Crashed By PDF Files With Certain Values
SecurityTracker Alert ID: 1009734 CVE Reference: GENERIC-MAP-NOMATCH Date: Apr 12 2004 Impact: Denial of service via network Exploit Included: Yes Version(s): 4.0, 5.0 Description: A denial of service vulnerability was reported in the Adobe Acrobat Reader. A remote user can create a PDF file that, when viewed by the target user, will cause the target user's reader to crash. Arman Nayyeri reported that a remote user can edit a PDF file with a hex editor to change a certain value to a large number. Then, when the PDF file is loaded by a target user, the special...

Acrobat Reader OCX Crashes after opening 10 PDF's
I have a problem with the Acrobat Reader OCX. If I open 10 PDF's into the Reader OCX then if I try to open the 11th PDF it displays it as a blank (no Reader controls or anything. Trying to open the 12th causes a "PB Application Execution Error (R0039)" "Error accessing external object property src at line 23 in clicked event of object cb_1 of w_genapp_sheet." Below is the sample code to try for yourself. It is a window that has a button (cb_1) and an OLE Custom Control (ole_1) into which I inserted the "Acrobat Control for ActiveX" from the "Ins...

CR 9 for VS.NET PDF problems using web forms
Hi all. I am trying to capture patient history data then summarize the data in a one page report using Crystal Report. I would like to use Adobe Plug-in to alllow for printing the report (although printing from the browser will be acceptable). I am using the code straight off of the web site: Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click Dim myExportOptions As CrystalDecisions.Shared.ExportOptions Dim myDiskFileDestination As CrystalDecisions.Shared.DiskFileDestinationOptions Dim myExportFile...

Evince or Acrobat Reader
Hi all, I have openSUSE 11.2, 64 bits. I use Evince from the very beginning. Since a few weeks, when I want to open a .pdf file, Acrobat Reader appears and reads my file. It seems to have become the default reader now. However, I never wanted to change from Evince :this simple program is well enough for me. I tried various ways, but I can't define Evince as my default .pdf reader. How can I make Evince to become my default reader again please ? Thanks very much much for your help ! W -- wba -----------------------------------------------------------------...

Populating a pdf form with data from a web form
Problem: How do I populate a pdf with data from a web form? I have created a web form that functions in the following ways:User navigates to the registration part of the site and fills out form data (i.e. First, Last Name, Phone, Organization, City, State, etc.). Upon hitting the submit button a subroutine is executed and an automated email is sent to our marketing director, notifying her of the registration taking place. Simultaneously the Submit button also opens a pdf that the user is to print out and mail us (along with their payment) to complete their registration. For usability purpose...

Corrupted Vanguard's PDF print outs from Firefox v19.0.2 web browser's PDF reader?
Hello. My client is having problems with his Vanguard's customized PDF (IRA ROTH) printouts in Firefox v19.0.2's internal PDF viewer. On screen, it looks fine but printouts are unreadable with symbols. This happens with both very old HP Deskjet 450 (USB) and LaserJet 6P (USB + parallel adapter) printers with opensource printer drivers in an updated Mac OS X 10.8.3. I tried http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw4.pdf and print outs were fine, so I assume Vanguard is doing something funky to make customized PDFs from the user's interactions. So I told Firefox to open t...

Streaming a PDF file to web browser causes IE crash if Adobe Reader not installed on client.
Hi: In my web app I need to stream .PDF file to the web browser. If the client does not have Adobe Reader installed, however, this causes IE to crash, both in IE 6 and 7. How can I prevent this? j_heller1: Hi: In my web app I need to stream .PDF file to the web browser. If the client does not have Adobe Reader installed, however, this causes IE to crash, both in IE 6 and 7. How can I prevent this? j_heller1 -- This is odd. The "download file" dialog should appear where the MIME is unknown/unmapped. Are you doing a Response.Flush and Response.End? (I think you should be.) Are...

How to detect if the 'cancel' button on Acrobat Reader's PDF print dialog window has been clicked when using Acrobat Reader ActiveX control in Powerbuilder 9
Product name: Acrobat Reader V5.0, Powerbuilder V9 Operating System: Windows XP I have an Acrobat Reader's ActiveX control on my window application to present and print PDF files. The application was developed using Powerbuilder V9. I need to know if a user has just printed a file then save the printed date into a database. The user can click the 'Cancel' button on the print dialog window from Acrobat Reader to cancel the printing. In this case I won't update the printed date. How can I know if the user has clicked the 'Cancel' button to cancel the printing? ...

PDF FILES: Full Acrobat vs. Acrobat Reader
I am running Firefox 0.9.1 on XP with Super DSL. I have both Adobe Acrobat 6.0 professional and Acrobat Reader installed. The PDF file is generally far past downloaded before Acrobat fully loads slowing down the process. I have gone to file associations in XP and changed PDF files to "open with" AcroRd32.exe (reader), and in Firefox I have changed file types to open PDFs in AcroRd32.exe (reader). Firefox still persists in opening PDFs in full Acrobat rather than reader. Any help? TIA Gary wrote: > I am running Firefox 0.9.1 on XP with Super DSL. I have both Adobe ...

PDF in a Web Form
I'm receiving a PDF file from a third-party server as a byte array. I can convert this byte array into a string, which looks like this: %PDF-1.1 % 1 0 obj << /Type /Catalog /Pages 3 0 R /ViewerPreferences <> >>  ......... lots of data ......... EOF My question is: How can I display this PDF file (as a string or as a byte array) on a .aspx web page? What control should I use? Can it be done with JavaScript or VBScript (on the client side) or C# (on the server side)? The problem is, I cannot just use Response.Redirect to the URL which brings up this PDF f...

web form and pdf
so waht i want to do is as follows: 1. I have a web form 2. I have a pre created pdf that will have space for all the values from the web form.3. On submission of the web form i want to populate the pdf and save it to the server as well as display it for the user in the browser to be printed. Lastly to email it to the email address entered in the web form... What libraries / scripts can i find for step 2.Do i need acrobat pro to create a dynamic pdf? Ilan Ilan Perezweb Developer | Designer  If you want free solution go for iTextSharp..http://itextsharp.sourceforge.net/tu...

Web resources about - [pdf + iframe] Acrobat Reader crashes after reading some PDF - asp.net.web-forms

IFrame - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

North Social Debuts IFrame Editor Facebook App
Facebook application provider North Social , which was acquired by Vocus in February 2011 , released its new iFrame Editor app, which allows ...

Static HTML: iframe tabs auf Facebook - Facebook
Static HTML makes it simple to build iframe tabs for your Facebook Page and is the leading provider of custom tabs for Facebook Pages, with over ...

Introducing iframe Tabs for Pages
Today we announced major updates to Facebook Pages to help Page admins manage communications, express their brands, and increase engagement. ...

Facebook Upgrades Features Available to IFrame-based Apps
... application developer faces a big choice early on in their design: whether to build the bulk of their apps’ canvas pages in FBML or iframes. ...

App Store - iFrame : 3D Photo Framing
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about iFrame : 3D Photo Framing on the App Store. Download iFrame : 3D Photo ...

Ontario Votes 2011 - CBC News Ontario Votes 2011 Scribble IFRAME
Accessibility Links Skip to main content Skip to CBC accessibility page CBC Global Header Navigation CBC.ca News news drop down menu Sports sports ...

Kevin Rose's First Order of Battle as Digg CEO, Get Rid of iFrame Toolbar - SocialTimes
Framing content with an iFrame is bad for the Internet. It causes confusion when bookmarking, breaks w/iFrame busters, and has no ability to ...

Price Drop: iFrame : 3D Photo Framing
iFrame : 3D Photo Framing 1.1 Device: iOS Universal Category: Photography Price: Free, Version: 1.1 ( iTunes ) Description: iFrame is 3D photo ...

MRC Accredits comScore vCE Validation, Including Cross-Domain iFrame Measurement
... we knew that there was a “Great White Whale” looming in the measurement and reporting on ad visibility: the unfriendly, cross-domain iframe. ...