Visual Web Developer 2008 Express - Web Deployment (.wdproj)

Hi,

Is it possible to integrate a Web Deployment Project into a VWD 2008 Express solution?  I installed WebDeploymentSetup.msi but my VWD 2008 Express solution won't load the Web Deployment project.

 If it is not possible to do this, is there a workaround such that I can 'mimic' the functionaity of the Web Deployment Project using only VWD 2008 Express?

 My basic problem right now is that my VWD 2008 Express solution is capable of building all the standard projects it contains into .dll's, but the Web Deployment project is not loaded and therefore can't build the final .dll that is meant to be deployed.  This final deployment .dll is essentially a build of all the other standard .dll's that I am ble to build successfully.

So is there a way to integrate these two technologies? or can build the deployment .dll without using a .wdproj ?

 Thanks Very Much

0
depth9

Sorry but Web Deployment Projects are not supported with Visual Studio 2008 Express Editions you will need Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Standard Edition or greater.

Hope it helps

Regards
Jeremy
If this has helped Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.
That way future readers will know which post solved your issue.
0
jeremyh
8/15/2008 12:07:31 PM

Yes, thank you. It does help to know that.

 But is there a way I can build my solution without using web deployment?  As I said in my first post I am really just trying to create a .dll from the solution that is a combination of other successfully built .dll files.

 It seems that if the .wdproj only job (in my case) is to build a final .dll file of the solution, I should just be able to build the solution .dll file directly.  But I can't figure out how to do this.

 Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

0
depth9
8/15/2008 6:36:27 PM

Well you could use the command line compiler or maybe take a look at MSBuild both your find in your framework folder (C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727)

Hope it helps

Regards
Jeremy
If this has helped Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.
That way future readers will know which post solved your issue.
0
jeremyh

Visual Studio 2008 includes SQL Server 2008 Express and Visual Basic 2008?
Please can somebody tell me whether Visual Studio 2008 includes SQL Server 2008 Express or 2005? Also does it include Visual Basic 2008 or 2005? Thank you.VWGolfman  VS2008 installs Sql Server 2005 Express by default. Also, VS2008 installs the new version of VB.Net BUT you can target older runtimes (i.e .Net 1.1, .Net 2, .Net 3) so you can argue that all VB.Net versions are "installed". Thank you Steven VWGolfman...

Visual Studio 2008 SP1
I have the developer version of SQL 2005 & SQL Server Express 2008 installed on my laptop and Visual Studio 2008 SP1 and .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 installed.    I'm learning ASP.Net MVC and want to work with a SQL Server Express 2008, but I can't connect to SQL Server Express 2008.  I first tried to ADD a SQL Server Database by adding a SQL Server Database to app_data and received the error "Connections to SQL Server files (*.mdf) require SQL Server Express 2005 to function properly.  Then I attempted to ADD the Membership.MDF ...

What is the difference between Visual studio.net and Visual studio 2008 express?
 I am fairly new in ASP.net development, i have downloaded sql express and visual studio express on the microsoft site, but i was just wondering if there is a huge difference between the express packages and the actual profesional packages. Any ideas on that?www.buggrep.comBest error repository site on the web!! If you are new then dont worry about it it, visual web developer express and sql server express are both fine for developing with all the major features of asp.net / sql server.There are some advanced features that I dont even know what they are.I think that the older sql expr...

Moving from VWD Express 2008 to Visual Studio 2008
Hi, I'm now using Visual Studio 2008 for my web development (rather than the free Visual Web Developer Express 2008). How do I import an existing website into Visual Studio 2008?I've tried creating a new website project and then deleting the files that Visual Studio creates and copying in my ASPX files, but when I reload Visual Studio it tells me that it can no longer find the relevant file that Visual Studio must be using to create the project in the first place.So I tried opening my website folder, but I can't, as Visual Studio will only open .sln files (which again...

NORTHWIND.SDF connection problem - Trouble with Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition
I have installed Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition and have made sure SP1 was installed before hand. I am try to complete the Visual Basic Training exercise module1 and everything is fine until I try to add a data connection to the NORTHWIND.SDF database file. I get an error message saying '....Access to database file is not allowed...'  However I can clearly 'see' and the file and it's path when using the Browse funtion from the 'ADD Connection' window. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Visual Basic 2008 Express edition but this does n...

SQL Express 2008 x64 integration with Visual Studio 2008
When I try to add a database to a web application project in the web_data folder I get this error:"Connections to SQL Server files (*.mdf) require SQL Server Express 2005 to function properly. Please verify the installation of the component or download from the URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=49251"I have VS2008 SP1 and SQL Express 2008 x64 installed on Vista Business x64.According to the following bug report VS2008 tries to look for the 32-bit instance of SQL Express 2008: https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=361718Any idea o...

VWD 2008 Express & SQL Server 2008 Express & Hosting Options
Hey all, go easy on me, this is my first post On my development PC, I am using Visual Web Developer 2008 Express (the free one) along with SQL Server 2008 Express (the free one).  I am building a small scale database application (1 database) and would like to host this on the internet so that others can access it and report back on usability and bugs etc.  It doesn't need to be mega-fast at the moment. I am unsure of what type of hosting to buy, as there are many different options available.  I guess I have the following questions : Is there hosting specific to the...

Operating problems with visual dev 2008 express
Hi All I am coming from Frontpage 2003 to visual web dev 2008 express . My problems so far are 1, Find & replace  I cannot do a find a replace of multiple lines of code, the function simply will not consider anything more than 1 line 2,Find & replace  It insists on leaving open every file it has found something to replace and i cannot find a place to switch off this option 3, Copy website windows I am unable to sort the files by type, status, etc anything 4, Publish website vs copy website  Is there a function similar to the fronpage publish command ? 5, Very S...

how to uninstall MSDN Express Library for Visual Studio 2008 Express Editions
So I just downloaded the 2008 Visual Web Developer and C# Express Editions.... I'm looking at the documentation that comes with the Express versions, and this just isn;t going to cut it for me....I went into the index tab, and I couldn;t even look up basic type definitions and usage examples.... So I want the full MSDN documentation with "all" .NET framework types and documentation...In other words, this.... However, at that URL, there is the following text: "Concurrent installations of the Visual Studio Express Library and the MSDN Library for Visual Studio ...

Deploy report from VS 2008 to SQL Express 2008 credentials issue
When I try to deploy a report from VS 2008 I am prompted for a username and password. I understand from searching the web that this is a role or permission issue with the report manager. I read on a post to open report manager then click on a security tab or something along those lines, however I am able to open the report manager in a browser window but there is basically nothing there except the header graphics with a link to Home and Help. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks, Ty No one else has had the issue of being asked for username and password when trying to deploy a repo...

SQl server ReportViewer 2008 for Visual C# Express Edition 2008
Hi  all,  I have installed the The Microsoft Report Viewer 2008 Redistributable Package  and I add the report viewer component to my toolbox list while viewing the report in my solution ...i was getting the error as given below.. The report definition is not valid. Details: The report definition has an invalid target namespace"http://schemas.microsoft.com/sqlserver/reporting/2007/01/reportdefinition' which cannot be upgraded. Is there a way that I could work around this? Thanks , Ashok Hi, Please see http://forums.asp.net/t/1251148.aspx (duplicate p...

vwd express 2008 markup error in Master Page
Hi I was running the VWD 2008 Express version beta and everything worked as I needed it to..Apart from the registration process. I found on a forum it was an error with the program. (I downloaded it then burnt it to a disc) one of the two options. It turns out the way round it is to uninstall the whole package and do a download installation of the latest release. This has resolved the registration issue however every page I open now shows a "Page contains markup that is not valid when attached to master page" The only way round this is to click on the code make a slight change ie p...

Do Visual Studio 2008 & VWD 2008 Express Projects work together?
I'm about to set up a new dev PC for learning ASP.NET with the Express versions of SQL Server 2008 and Visual Web Developer SP1. However, i'm thinking forward to the time when i would want to purchase the licensed version of Visual Studio 2008 and SQL Server 2008 from MS. If i develop solutions and projects using VWD Express, can i continue developing these 'express' projects and solutions when i upgrade to the licensed versions of Visual Studio? The only reason i ask is because i am having a terrible conflict between my current S...

i am a noob, should i use visual basic 2005 express edition or 2008 express edition
i heard u cant position labels and stuff like in 2008  i need some honest feedbackChu = Noob, please help Personally, I'd use 2008.  It's the newest and handles ASP.NET 3.5.  If positioning labels is your main issue, use Expression Web. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue. if u intent to learn wpf, wcf then go for 2008 or else go for 2005 Jai Ganesh. J , GSD ,IndiaPlease Mark As Answer If my reply helped you....

"Failure to create a user instance"
 On Windows Server 2008 - I installed Visual Web Developer 2008 Express and SQL Server Express 2008 with Advanced.I ported over several Websites from a Windows 2003 Web Server.When I go into the V.W.D. Solution Explorer for a given website, I see the MDF files ported from 2003, but when I go into Database Explorer to work with the data,  I get a Package Load Failure and the database will not connect.  Instead it says, "Failure to create a user instance of SQL Server, due to a failure in starting the process for the use instance. The connection will be closed."And whe...

Web resources about - Visual Web Developer 2008 Express - Web Deployment (.wdproj) - asp.net.web-dev-2008-express

Quality function deployment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... developed QFD in Japan in 1966, when the author combined his work in quality assurance and quality control points with function deployment used ...

Second Facebook Building In Luleå, Sweden, To Test New Rapid Deployment Data Center Concept
... at Facebook’s data center in Luleå, Sweden , will be the first of the social network’s data centers to be built using its new rapid deployment ...

Massive Growth in SMTP STARTTLS Deployment
When we posted in May about the state of STARTTLS deployment, we had no idea that we would see such significant changes to email encryption across ...

Deployment Manager (@redgateDeploy) on Twitter

Children welcome Georgia National Guardsmen home from deployment to Afghanistan - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
In this photo taken on March 9, 2010 photo, Blake Cochran, left, 7, Brooke Cochran, center, 6, and Bailee Cochran, 3, welcome home Georgia's ...

CICADA Autonomous Deployment Demonstration - YouTube
The Naval Research Laboratory Vehicle Research Section has successfully completed flight tests for the Autonomous Deployment Demonstration program. ...

Why, when and how to migrate to Windows 8 - Windows 8 migration, Windows 8 deployment, Windows 8, Windows ...
Windows 8 machines are coming out sometime this fall, but that doesn't mean businesses should shift to panic mode to upgrade their corporate ...

Canberra teen pens experience of Defence deployment through child's eyes in Soon
"When you're as young as [seven] 13 months is ages: that's a Christmas and a birthday and an Easter and a whole family's worth of things ...

Iraq deployment decision in days: Bishop
The national security committee and federal cabinet will meet this week to decide on Australia's deployment to Iraq.

Full fibre NBN deployment costs artificially inflated: NBN Co critic
The cost of rolling out a fibre-to-the-premises NBN may not be as high as that posited by the Coalition government, according to University of ...